No announcement yet.

Message In a Bottle (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sunday afternoon...another SG1 ep to catch up on...not sure if I've seen it since then or not.

1. Seeing SG1 on a lunar surface was certainly a change.

2. Couldn't rewatch the ep without remembering what Chris did in the suit.

3. Ah, Graham Simmons, this is where he showed up...

4. Forgot about all the red herrings and the auto destruct.

5. 10 seconds to go and the 'still' got the codes in? Even I couldn't type that fast, particularly under that sort of pressure!

A decent little standalone.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      5. 10 seconds to go and the 'still' got the codes in? Even I couldn't type that fast, particularly under that sort of pressure!
      I always think, imagine if they'd made a typo!
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
        I always think, imagine if they'd made a typo!
        "crap! the key stuck!" ....boom....

Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Good episode with amazing quotes and even more amazing acting by RDA. You could feel his pain and desperation when he was stabbed by the alien device. When the device inserts itself deeper, his cry of pain is heart wrenching. Some of the best things to come from this epi were the quotes. Oh! and the banter between Sam and Daniel over Simmons and his crush...which he could hear
          *Sam "could have been active since neanderthals were the still the dominant species"
          Jack "Ahh that takes me back"
          *Sam "do you think it could be a booby trap?" Teal'c "Booby?"
          *Jack "You dont have to stay here" Teal'c "undomesticated equines could not move me"
          Jack "Wild horses Teal'c. It's wild...that's a joke. You told a joke. Don't make me laugh"

Comment

The undomesticated Equine/wild horses joke was so funny. Teal'c learned fast. His loyalty to his best friend Jack really shone through. Sam's struggle to find a solution to help Jack and the planet was touching. Sam never gave up, but kept trying different things until she found the right solution. "It won't take us without a fight, Sir," showed her strength and determination, that if she had to go down, she would go down fighting. Sam is truly a soldier with great courage.
            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Interesting technology I must say, good episode.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Simmons side-story of him having a crush on Samantha Carter. Just seems tacked on. Why should we care for this character? We shouldn't. RDA gives an outstanding performance though and it was great to see the friendship between O'Neill and Teal'c grow stronger.

Comment

This episode is pretty good, another illustration of how close the team has gotten.

OUCH! That spear-thing popping out always makes me wince. Poor Jack!

Those blue, glowy lines going into the walls are just plain freaky...*shudders*

"Undomesticated Equines," LOL! One of Teal'cs best lines.

Good episode.
                  "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Another ep I've only seen snatches of so it was nice to see it from the beginning.

they took WAY too long to get something under Jack's feet. The UV unites made Mr.MC shout "they're Daleks".

Poor Graham, "what's happening to me" how come the doc didn't shout something like "isolate him"

Not a bad ep though, and some nice team bonding.

ETA: Mr.MC shouted - when everything went black suddenly: the alien life forms switched it off at the wall. That's elementary.

2nd ETA: why would the Ancients have put a gate on a primordial world?
                    Last edited by Major Clanger; 27 December 2012, 11:04 AM.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Well, that was some message in a bottle.

Again not one of my favorite episodes really.

Graham is cute...
                      And Sergeant Davis' visible gulp at the end when the selfdestruct is aborted with mere seconds to spare.

"Undomesticated equines could not remove me." -- still makes me giggle.

Also, in the beginning in the wide shot there's no Malp rolling behind or in front of them. Nor is it behind or in front of them when they enter the structure. Carter mentions that something was emitting an EM-pulse, thus not knowing what is emitting the pulse. They decide to take the orb with them, Teal'c picks it up and poof, all of a sudden there's a Malp. It must have appeared out of nowhere.

I also caught myself trying to find camera crew in their visors' reflections.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, the message in the bottle... First of all, that was a bad bottle, how in the heck you're supposed to drink rum out of it prior sending a message?

An average episode, really. It was obvious from the moment they took the orb home that something will go wrong with it, or there would be no episode at all. What was nice to see, though, were VFX of everything and everyone possessed on the base and the concept of communicating with a "virus" was also fresh. What the episode really did, that is showing how well the team has bonded over the time, especially Teal'C and Jack.

Why Sam took the elevator? Because the stairwell was cut off by a broken steam pipe, bursting out hot gaseous water. The only other way down is by the lift. And yeah, tilting the gate and making the damn orb vanish in the kavoosh would be a nice solution, but I think the moment gate starts dialing, the organisms would do something real nasty to the computers.

And on a side note, Teal'C's jokes didn't get lost in the translation, as comparison with the Russian dub first time in series actually finds perfect logical match.

Rating: 5/10
                        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 06 January 2014, 02:25 AM.
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

More emotions than usual, much action in the gate room, lack of intelligent ideas and a wonderful line by Teal'c - good entertainment. And a very new intelligent life form - that's something! Undomesticated equines....
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Interesting episode, great acting by RDA in particular, and an intriguing lifeform. My only gripe this time was that the lifeform sounded far too much like a Goa'uld.
                            sigpic

Comment

I assume you mean the mechanics of the voice?

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Exactly. That hollow, echoing, emotionless stuff sounded very Goa'uld.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X