No announcement yet.

Message In a Bottle (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to add not already noted: the intrigue of discovering an energy source lasting 1000 years outweighing the potential booby trap is what keeps SG-1 ticking. And I too cringe each time I see that blade stick through Jack. The pain etched in his face throughout the majority of the ep is testament to RDAs abilities.
    Beyond Teal'c standing by Jack with such affection, and someone in love with Sam surviving, the best moment might have been when Hammond asks Frasier what it was she just gave him after being shot with the antibiotic!

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
      the best moment might have been when Hammond asks Frasier what it was she just gave him after being shot with the antibiotic!
      That did make me chuckle! Seemed a very odd character moment.
      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Only 4 pages? Aw, one of my faves..
        My LiveJournal post
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

An okay episode. First appearance of Siler (I think).

Next week, we lead up to our first meeting of the Tok'ra and Jacob Carter.
          sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes of the season.

HAMMOND: You have nothing to apologise for son, we've brought back things from all over the galaxy; one of them's finally snapped us in the 'ass' (Hammond's pronunciation - phonetic spelling! ).

Sums up the triumphs and disasters of being part of the SGC!

I remember this as giving me one hell of a jaw dropping moment when I watched Jack being skewered by the orb the first time. It's still as wince inducing with countless viewings as the first time. It was I agree very well done.

One of the very few episodes in Stargate as a whole that had a completely different alien looking world that they step out onto through the gate, and a very alien 'alien'.

With the cliched one second left on the self destruct countdown I just couldn't help thinking of the wonderful parody of the 'final second' in Galaxy Quest! Walter breathing that sigh of relief is one of those great little moments Stargate throws in.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              First appearance of Siler (I think).
              I think his first appearance was season 1's 'Solitudes' ... not 100% though.
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                Yeah I remember seeing him in an earlier ep as well.

I think this is a great ep. Full of emotion. Great performance from RDA.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                  I think it was too.

Comment

Jack and Teal'c's relationship has always been my favorite of the show. This episode is one of the reasons why. Some great moments between the two.

Comment

This episode has always been one of my favorites, for many of the reasons already listed:

The opening scene -truly 'alien'
                      The entity in the orb -also very 'alien'
                      RDA's acting -it was easy to believe the pain he was displaying.
                      The effects with the lighting and the purple glowing trails up the walls.
                      One of the best lines in SG-1: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me"
                      The cute moment when Daniel tells Sam about Simmons having a crush on her.
                      Sam holding Jack's hand and asking him to trust her -even while leveling with him that he might not survive.

The one second to spare on the self destruct I could have done without -Jack hates cliches after all...
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I forgot to mention.

Sam: You think it might be a booby trap?
                        Teal'c: Booby?
                        sigpic

Comment

Its a filler and a bottle episode and I think it shows.

I find the episode quite dull. Nothing ground breaking about the episode. Nothing new is learned in plot arc and the development of character interaction. I find the plot overly simplistic and done before. The only interesting part is the alien talking to SG1 from Jack's body.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

This was an okay episode I like that it showed the SGC has to be more careful about what they bring back to Earth from now on. One thing I never understood was the point of Graham in the episode.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes, and always has been. I noticed quite early on that my favorites were all what I call "torture Jack" episodes (Cold Lazarus, Solitudes, Heroes, Lost City, etc.).

ETA: forgot to mention that Lt. Simmons shows up in a season 6 episode, too. I loved the fact that on his next appearance (which is in season 2), there's no mention of how sick he was. I like that "take it for granted" attitude.

Seaboe
                              Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 16 September 2011, 06:13 PM.
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
                                This was an okay episode I like that it showed the SGC has to be more careful about what they bring back to Earth from now on. One thing I never understood was the point of Graham in the episode.
                                I suppose the appearance of Graham was an effort to show a bit more of the support staff in the background at the SGC. Siler and Walter became more of a feature as time went on in an effort to redress this issue I guess. I suppose it was to show the wider effect of what something SG-1 brought back to Earth and the possible consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X