This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney and Teyla not ship

Okay i'm not starting this as a ship thread, but anyone would like to use this as a ship thread i don't mind. I looked and i couldn't find a Rodney and Teyla thread but i oppologise if there already is one.

I am slightly cocncerned that the Rodney and Teyla realtionship may beacome like the Carter and Teal'c realtionship. ie we have to wait six years before we see a proper interaction between the two of them. I hope that this doesn't happen in Atlantis. Teyla and Rodney are clearly two very different personalities and it's because of this that i hope they establish on the realtionship. They have already established a strong reationship between Teyla, Elizabeth and John (especially John and i know it's only the first season, but i can see that Cater and Teal'c relationship between them) but for me it would be far more interesting to see a meeting of the minds or disagreements between Teyla and Rodney as i think you could get some very sweet moments and also some very heatful ones. They both have a lot to teach each other and i hope that in the seasons to come that the writers do build on their relationship
    McKay: I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

McKay: Come on how offten do you get to travel to an alien planet?
    Beckett: I was already on an alien planet

During the first season I'm sure I saw the odd look of disgust towards Rodney from Teyla (look at her face when he asks for food in Thirty Eight Minutes). They weren't nescessarily unfriendly looks, but I'd like to see them speak to each other more often to find out how they really feel about one another. I'd quite like to see them teamed up on a mission together sometime in the future, just to see how they'd react.

Comment

Yeah i know what you mean about that look in 38 minutes and i do think there would be great annomosity between them (ie childhoods end), which would be great but i do think that on one level they would meet in a different way then Teyla does with anyone else. With John and Elizabeth she has a meeting of the minds as she knows what it's like to be a leader and with Ford and John she is a warrior. That's why i would find it more interesting that instead of them sticking with the simple and safe realtionship connection of Teyla and Elizabeth and John and Ford, but instead showed how two completely differnet people can meet under circumstances.

i just feel it would add a great dynamic cause John and Rodney don't agree on situations from time to time but they have a common connection. With Teyla if Rodney disagreed to would be more about self belief. They represent the different ends of the spectrum, Spirital and Science and i don't know i would just find it more engageing. don't get me wrong i love the shep mackay banter it's hilarious and sometimes very bitter, but Teyla and Rodney would be different. Althought i don't think they would hate each other i do think they would respect each other and that they to would have just as trustful a bond as Carter and Teal'c.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

Comment

I'll agree that they don't interact w/each other as much as they could or as much as I would prefer

One nice moment regarding them is in Suspicion where
        Spoiler:
        Mckay vehemently states that they have to go back for Teyla and Ford. Also, he lets bates have it when he keeps insisting Teyla is the spy

So...I think they could add more of a relationship (not shippy)in season 2 and I look forward to it
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

yeah that moment in suspicion was great when Rodney was standing up for Teyla, it did help to show the audience that there is some sort of a connection there that Rodney just immediatly trust Teyla as was not a ll happy about what Bates was asking him to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
            During the first season I'm sure I saw the odd look of disgust towards Rodney from Teyla (look at her face when he asks for food in Thirty Eight Minutes). They weren't nescessarily unfriendly looks, but I'd like to see them speak to each other more often to find out how they really feel about one another. I'd quite like to see them teamed up on a mission together sometime in the future, just to see how they'd react.

That's because Rodney was thinking about food and himself...hungry etc etc and Teyla IMO believes this to be wrong...saving John's life was the main goal and she looked at him in digust because, even though he had help, Rodney still thought about himself....because he could eat later if you get me.

Suspicion is the key eppy for their friendship....actually, it's the only episode I can think of where T/R friendship/trust comes in.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Yeah your right about 38 minutes the reason she looked at him with disgust was because he was thinking about himself. but the fact is suspicion is the only ep that trust comes into there relationship. it would have been nice to have a scene between Teyla and Rodney in Sanctuary i think it would have helped us to understand Rodney's anger and hostility and it would ahve really shown the diversity between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                Teyla also gave him a hard look when he was chowing down at the beginning of Underground. Both times he was talking with his mouth full. Maybe that's considered the height of rudeness among her people (just joking).

What I really think is going on is that Teyla really doesn't know what hypoglycemia is. Having been culled over the centuries, only the healthiest people have probably survived. I willing to bet they don't have any of the ailments Earthers suffer like Rodney's allergies and hypoglycemia.

Also, she is probably used to food rationing. Enjoy and be grateful for your food, what little of it you have. Rodney just wolfs his food down.

Granted, Rodney makes more of production of his eating than he has to, but I don't think Teyla believes there is anything wrong with Rodney except rude eating behaviors.

Yes, I know some people think Rodney exaggerates his hypoglycemia and allergies, but I personally take his word and believe he does have these ailments. That's why he thinks medicine is voodoo, they should be able to fix him but they can't.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Am I the only one who remembers in suspicion the
                  Spoiler:
                  I know I was just as suprised as you were comment and the I ran the test THREE times! He totally trusted (and most likely trusts again) her!
                  I am proclaiming my love for this ship! (wheich is strange since I came in here out of morbid curiosity)

Comment

Working...
                  X