Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Ancients all white? And people of Color are Slaves?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Ancients all white? And people of Color are Slaves?

Is it me or the producers of this show, only show white people as advanced races, ancients, tollans, lol even wraith. But all of the people of colour are slaves like teal'c jaffa. Is it racism by the producers, and creators of the show, either purposivly or unintentionally.

No my friend, you are incorrect. Watch the beggining of Rising. There is an Ancient who isn't white. And there are jaffa that are other races other than African. Look at Bra'tac. There are others though.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      Is it me or the producers of this show, only show white people as advanced races, ancients, tollans, lol even wraith. But all of the people of colour are slaves like teal'c jaffa. Is it racism by the producers, and creators of the show, either purposivly or unintentionally.
      There is plenty of diversity amongst
      Spoiler:
      the Ascended beings in the diner in Threads.

Comment

There was at least one black man on the Ancient council in 'Before I Sleep'. There have been plenty of Jaffa of all races over the years, and many of the enslaved human popluations have been white. I don't think race is relevant at all, except perhaps as an analysis of the Vancouver area extras pool.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          There is plenty of diversity amongst
          Spoiler:
          the Ascended beings in the diner in Threads.
          Is it me or was the only
          Spoiler:
          fat guy also the baddie
          ? Prejudice against overweight people!

Comment

It's you.

Consider where the show is filmed, and the likely availability of different racial types to APPEAR in the show. You can only cast people who show up to try out.

About the only consistent trait I've seen in the Jaffa is that they are all very buff... we've seen black, white, and asian Jaffa. We've seen white, black, and asian Ancients. Is there some other race you'd like to see represented?

Comment

SG like most scifi shows are very colorful indeed. We all live in a way to politically correct world these days (thank God!) to let racial preferences rule the day. I to have seen color characters on SGA and SG....

Remember the original Star Trek was lambasted by white bred Americana for having a black woman and an oriental man as main characters!...Wtgo ST
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                Remember the original Star Trek was lambasted by white bred Americana for having a black woman and an oriental man as main characters!...Wtgo ST
                Ah, the black woman bothered the KKK the most, because she was not only an officer, she was GORGEOUS.

And, to be politically correct, that would be an Asian Man. Rugs are Oriental, people are Asian.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                  Ah, the black woman bothered the KKK the most, because she was not only an officer, she was GORGEOUS.

And, to be politically correct, that would be an Asian Man. Rugs are Oriental, people are Asian.

LOLOL...I stand corrected, Asian man

Uhuru was the very first black person (let alone beautiful female) to have been cast as a main charcter in an Amercian TV show.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

If you had botrhered to watch 'Threads' or 'Before I Sleep' you would see what you just posted was uselessly incorrect.

Then you see all people of colour are slaves, From watching it I have seen many white Jaffa.

So going by your reasoning, A larger majority of Jaffa warriors are Black, So I can claim racism by the writers or creators of the show as they are trying to portray black people as warriors or as more capable warriors than white people. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. Last I checked also Wraith were a greeny colour not White.

It's simply to do with location, There are more white actors in Canada than ethnic. Same scenario mif you watched an african or South African tv show, I'm sure a very large majority of the cast would be black, So it's not racism by anyone other than people who try to make things out of scenarios like this that weren't there to begin with.

If you had went into Atlantis Season 2 topic, You would have seen there was already a similar one already open which you could have posted this manure in.

Comment

The Goa'uld r advanced and they're very multi-racial. As for the jaffa they're just as mixed as the goa'uld, i don't believe there's any racism at all.

Comment

apophis is African-he is DEFINATELY not a slave
                        Olokun is a system lord in summit
                        the lead guy in the trust is black
                        lord yu is asian
                        not all people of different color/race/religion/ethnic backround are slaves and servents.
                        Last edited by corey2002; 01 May 2005, 01:59 PM.
                        MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                        I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                          apophis is African-he is DEFINATELY not a slave
                          there was a black system lord in summit
                          the lead guy in the trust is black
                          lord yu is asian
                          not all people of different color/race/religion/ethnic backround are slaves and servents.
                          Yup. As I said in a post here before the servers were changed, if you look at 'Summit', there's alot of variety; look at Ba'al, Yu and Olokun.

Comment

check out

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11538
                            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I think you're racist for noticing,

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Working...
                              X