X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is RDA leaving?

hey why is rda leaving stargate?

Because he wants to spend more time with his family.
    He's been reducing his role since S6 to do just that. It was only a matter of time.
    O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
    [Cut to shot of the door]
    [Cut back to O'Neill]
    O'NEILL: Any time now.
    [Cut back to door]

Comment

I am a the glass is half full type of guy, so i look on the bright side of things. S8, the episodes that i did watch, seemed really slow and it is like SG-1 HAD to stay on the base for RDA to get more screen time. Now, he is like one of the greatest characters ever, mind you, but I think many of us will be pleasently suprised at the upcoming season. It is alson almost guranteed that their will be S10 due to two new cast members. Please do me a favor and watch the new season, you'll even get to see Jack in the first and third episodes of the season!........not saying your obsessed with the guy or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
        I am a the glass is half full type of guy, so i look on the bright side of things. S8, the episodes that i did watch, seemed really slow and it is like SG-1 HAD to stay on the base for RDA to get more screen time. Now, he is like one of the greatest characters ever, mind you, but I think many of us will be pleasently suprised at the upcoming season. It is alson almost guranteed that their will be S10 due to two new cast members. Please do me a favor and watch the new season, you'll even get to see Jack in the first and third episodes of the season!........not saying your obsessed with the guy or anything.
        And RDA will be in a couple more, supposedly.

I too am hoping for at least one more season after this one. With the talent brought on board this year, they easily deserve a couple of years' work.

a time to mourn

Comment

Sorry to say that... but... I'm watching 7th season now on HBO here... and... I really enjoy these parts of episodes WITHOUT RDA in them. Michael, Chris, Amanda and everybody else are actually better actors than Anderson.

Is it July yet? I can hardly wait to see my favourite Farscape actors, Claudia and Ben on Season 9!

Comment

Originally posted by The Maneuver
            Because he wants to spend more time with his family.
            He's been reducing his role since S6 to do just that. It was only a matter of time.
            He wants to spend more time with his daughter. He is not married, nor is there ever a mention of the mother of his child. Just an observation.

That is the official version. I have a gut feeling more is involved......
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              He wants to spend more time with his daughter. He is not married, nor is there ever a mention of the mother of his child. Just an observation.

Yes, but "his daughter" still counts as family.
              O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
              [Cut to shot of the door]
              [Cut back to O'Neill]
              O'NEILL: Any time now.
              [Cut back to door]

Comment

I don't think more is involved.

According to everything I've read, RDA never intended to do the show this long but he stayed on out of loyalty to the cast and crew and fans of the show. And to help launch Atlantis. TPTB and MGM seemed to feel - for a long time - that SG-1 just wouldn't be renewed without RDA's involvement.

RDA just has different priorities now. He's over 50, probably is well-off financially with two long-running series to this credit. Has a young daughter he adores and wants to raise in California. Commuting to Vancouver - even for just 9-10 days a month - gets old.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                  Sorry to say that... but... I'm watching 7th season now on HBO here... and... I really enjoy these parts of episodes WITHOUT RDA in them. Michael, Chris, Amanda and everybody else are actually better actors than Anderson.

Is it July yet? I can hardly wait to see my favourite Farscape actors, Claudia and Ben on Season 9!

I love Farscape, Ben and Claudia. But to say there better actors than RDA?...NOT!...RDA is the best actor in the SG franchise and one of the best scifi genre actors ever!....I hated it at first that he was O'Neill instead of Kurt Russel crossing over from the movie to the show. But after Season 1 RDA grew on me big time!...He interjects the right mix of comedy, machismo and ignorance to make him a very lovable character.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    I love Farscape, Ben and Claudia. But to say there better actors than RDA?...NOT!...RDA is the best actor in the SG franchise and one of the best scifi genre actors ever!....I hated it at first that he was O'Neill instead of Kurt Russel crossing over from the movie to the show. But after Season 1 RDA grew on me big time!...He interjects the right mix of comedy, machismo and ignorance to make him a very lovable character.

here here im with u 100% i wasnt too pleased about them using RDA as o'niell since i loved the movie so much i though he would ruin the character. but i gave the show a chance and i truely believe if they were to make a sg1 movie and i belive they will. then RDA is the only man to play o'niell

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

There are some errors in this quote. Here is some information from the RDA archives.
                      Richard has never married. In 1996, Richard met Apryl Prose, and together they celebrated the birth of their first child, a daughter, on August 2, 1998. Wylie Quinn Annarose Anderson entered the world at 7 lbs. 11 oz. Richard speaks with great enthusiasm about his new adventure of fatherhood, and takes great pride in his reputation as a doting dad.

Comment

i think it is cool that RDA is going to be spending more time with his family, i mean, it is very mindful of him
                        "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Working...
                        X