Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is irony. I was just coming here to complain about the cowards who go around red dinging people and the clickish behavior of certain groups who seem to give out green jello to their selected friends.

I personally think this rep system doesn't work and should be discontinued.

I, for one, probably will not be posting again, at least, not for awhile. I try hard to be fair, to answer questions, make jokes and what do I get? A Red ding.

I'll miss LordAnubis.....I don't know what his offense was.....but I enjoyed his posts. At least he was honest in his opinions.

Sorry if this sounds angry, but I am.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

............. *blink*

....... I have the feeling that I really missed something this time.........

It's sad to see LordAnubis go

But....... I'm just...... confused.....

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

LordAnubis was not banned, and was not asked to leave. He was placed on moderation (again) for behavior that is between him and the mods. We do not air members' dirty laundry in public. He was not put on moderation for any post he made in the "Moderator Bias" thread.

What is "moderation?" It's a status that requires your posts to be reviewed by a mod before it's posted publically. It is not a revocation of any other forum priviledges, nor is it a punishment. It is a way for the mod team to keep tabs on those users who have violated forum rules, or toed the line of the rules, or otherwise given us indication that they might be thinking about toeing the line. (Other users can't even tell if you're on moderation.)

I'm sad to see LordAnubis go, but it is his decision. He feels personally victimized by being put on temporary moderation because of his behavior, and that's too bad. We'd certainly love to have his continued participation.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Whatever - see this

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          This came from David. I guess my hunch was correct and they're getting rid of me.

Originally posted by David
          Yes.
          Out of almost 7500 members you're the only one the Mods have made a deal with. That puts you in a pickle that you are shaking up right now. Not with me but with a couple of the other Mods that have made me aware of it. They acknowledge that you are not breaking any rules per se, but that you are being exceptionally difficult.
          I'll ping you this evening when I'm not getting ready for class to start.

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          At some point tonight you and I need to have a discussion about toeing the line.
          For? Expressing my opinion(s)?
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I thought it was in bad form that you are posting this in one thread...and now to see it here as well I am appalled. First off PM is supposed to be PRIVATE and it is not meant to be POSTED and secondly YOU are not invovled in the discussions between LA and the Staff on this site. So for you to post this THIRD hand is just irresponsible. You have no idea if this has been *selectivly* edited or not. I personally am offended that you have posted this and if you are lucky enough to have the Mods determine that it isn't against the rues then at least know that this is one member that is disgusted by this post.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I am not going to defend myself or my decisions in this matter. LordAnubis was placed on Moderation some months ago. I vouched for him saying that if he behaved himself he'd be taken off -- something I went out of my way to do for him. I told him that as long as he behaved himself and agreed to follow the Forum rules he wouldn't be, and that if he broke those rules he'd be placed back on moderation. Well, he broke the rules, and he was put back on moderation. This PM was made before we realized LA was breaking any rules. Well, I did some background checking and found he was. That was it. We were done. This is the deal he made, and he chose to break that deal. Nothing I can do after that.

Putting LA on moderation again was one of the hardest things I've had to do because I trusted him. It's his choice to leave. He made his nest - he will lie down in it. This is the last I will speak on this matter.

Comment

Actually I'll say one more thing. qasimjavid, if you were successful with making one point in all of this it is that you have assured me that the decision I and the rest of the mods made in putting LA back on moderation was indeed the best one. Anyone with a shred of common sense will appreciate the fact that the mods here will, now more than ever, not allow anyone to be taken advantage of or abused on this forum, even if they are absolute scum -- but I'm not pointing any fingers

What assures me more than anything is that I can still prove my point without even making public what LordAnubis was doing, something he was not even able to admit himself in this threads' opening post. And I'm not going to do it for him.

Other Stargate forums will segregate and even expel you for saying something about one of the characters. You can do essentially anything you want to here as long as you respect your fellow forum members and the folks that run these wonderful television shows. It just shows how small some people are that even under the best conditions they must still fill some corner of self-satisfaction with gripe over moderating a person who deserved it.

Knock yourself out

If you cannot show respect to your fellow forum members or understand the fact that we must moderate a friend because he or she cannot show respect to the other seven thousand in this forum, I will happily show you the door myself.
                Last edited by David; 01 May 2005, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Is that a threat?

Maybe you just want to ban me for no reason just like LordAnubis
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

ya know I read this and left and came back again....qasimjavid...that is entirely uncalled for...and a blatant attempt just to stir up more trouble. Let this go would you...it is not becoming and it disrepects not only yourself but the rest of us as well
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      Is that a threat?

If anyone's currently issuing *challenges*, it's you,I'm afraid !

Believe me,I wish Jared well in his future life,but you're going way too far trying to defend him,imo.

I don't normally take sides in poster squabbles,but you seem to be on an anti-mod crusade here.
                      So much for the pm system...they're called private messages for good reason.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 May 2005, 02:41 AM. Reason: *Exchange of the word "threats" with "challenges".Edit done of my own free will. :)
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        If anyone's currently issuing "threats", it's you,I'm afraid !
                        You know, I don't have a horse in this race, but in all fairness, I can't see a single thing that qasimjavid posted that could be construed in any way as a threat. I might find posting of PM's dubious at best, but a threat? Come on. I'm not anti-mod, I'm not pro-mod, but I am definitely against trumped up charges, the kind that if not challenged as being bunk tend to make the next poster feel justified in upping the rhetoric just a bit further into the realm of fiction.

No need to whip yourselves up into a lynch mob.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Is that a threat?

dude you are so out of line. i liked jared too and im sorry to see him go, but that doesnt give you the right to be blatantly hostile to the mods. in the end, whatever happened is between him and the mods and thats it. we have no right to be hostile towards them for it. we dont pay a membership, we dont pay anything to come here, the only thing they ask us is that we follow the rules and respect the mods decisions. im not gonna say whether i think this whole situation was right or wrong because i dont know, i dont know the specifics and dont know what was said behind the scenes. i DO think this entire situation has been blown way out of proportion and has been done so by posts like your last one that i am quoting. i really think everyone needs to just chill out and move on. all that this bickering is accomplishing is to make the forums tension filled and unhappy. i know i personally come to the forums to get away from this kind of BS that we all have to deal with in one form or another in the real world. i dont want to have to deal with it on the boards and i know a lot of people post here do it for the same reason, to have fun. if this is what we have to look forward to in the future all the time, i bet we will see many people leaving since the boards are no longer a friendly place

Comment

If the mods wanted to ban ANYONE for "no reason", don't you think they'd have done so by now?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                              You know, I don't have a horse in this race, but in all fairness, I can't see a single thing that qasimjavid posted that could be construed in any way as a threat. I might find posting of PM's dubious at best, but a threat? Come on. I'm not anti-mod, I'm not pro-mod, but I am definitely against trumped up charges, the kind that if not challenged as being bunk tend to make the next poster feel justified in upping the rhetoric just a bit further into the realm of fiction.
                              *Shrug*
                              You're entitled to your opinions.So am I . PMs are supposed to be a communication between one member and another.Not slung around on-forum,to satisfy anyone's agendas,whatever the aim.
                              I've had a few dodgy pms/e-mails myself,in the past, from other members,but never used them in public,nor forwarded them to a Mod,as I felt old enough to deal with things myself in a civilised fashion.
                              (Blocking my e-addy to other members rather helped in one case ! )
                              Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                              No need to whip yourselves up into a lynch mob.
                              I'm not into whipping up "lynch mobs" either,nor have I seen any sign of one.LA/DA chose to leave.(Not for the first time,I might add.)Certain allegations have been made.Certain defences have been made.

I hope something positive comes from all this.

ETA : Sheesh..it took ages to get this reply through ! Sorry about that.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

If you cannot show respect to your fellow forum members or understand the fact that we must moderate a friend because he or she cannot show respect to the other seven thousand in this forum, I will happily show you the door myself.
                                In my opinion David's comment goes to the one and only really important issue in this whole blinking mess. There has been a continual lack of respect shown by a very few. One form this lack of respect has taken has been personal attacks on other members. And, personal attacks are against the Forum rules. Period.

I believe that another form this lack of respect has taken has been an attempted manipulation of the feelings of members in a manner which goes well beyond my own tolerances for poor behavior. I am particularly saddened to see posters with whom I have enjoyed many a wonderful chat being hoodwinked into this time-wasting exercise because they believe they are honestly defending a principle or a friend. You folks deserve better friends than anyone who would attempt to use you in such a manner.

And lastly, to my eyes it looks like there are a few who define 'entertainment' as abuse of the mods and discomfitting the rest of us in the process. This is just plainly insulting to all of the GW membership. Enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X