No announcement yet.

Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that little math problem as well - does it really matter? I don't think many have noticed it, do you?
    And - by the way - why quarrel? Everybody can write what he/she thinks.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      And - by the way - why quarrel? Everybody can write what he/she thinks.
      Yes, you can ... and respect those opinions we don't like, even if it makes us roll our eyes*

* which rarely if ever happens...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

After one re-watch a few years back i noticed how practically identical the Asgard beams in this ep, sounds to Wraith culling beams..

Comment

They look like Wraith culling beams too... That said, it was a great episode, one of my favorites.
          sigpic

Comment

Which makes me wonder.. If the designers remembered this ep when they were designing the wraith and their darts.

Comment

Just re-watched this episode and something really annoying has just occurred to me....
              At the end of the episode it's stated that the Asgard set the tasks to allow them to know when their 'children' had reached a level of advancement that meant they could reveal their true selves...
              Seems fair enough.
              Yet at the point which SG-1 'help' them, in this episode, the Asgard have less than 10 years to live, before (in a much later episode) they kill themselves after gifting Humanity with all their technology.
              So, what would have happened if SG-1 hadn't gone there? If, in say 500 years, someone on the 'protected' planet had figured it all out...?
              Would the Cimmerians have just been stood there wondering what the Hell was happening, if Thor didn't show up?
              That their belief system was a complete scam, and that their faith was all meaningless....

Comment

Originally posted by TheYorkMan View Post
                That their belief system was a complete scam, and that their faith was all meaningless....
                BINGO! You won!

Comment

I think it's more a case of past performance not predicting future performance. That is, the Asgard had done this numerous times in the past, and it had always worked. They assumed it would work again. They were not deliberately setting up a scam. They may not originally have meant to be taken as gods, but fell prey to the fact that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    I think it's more a case of past performance not predicting future performance. That is, the Asgard had done this numerous times in the past, and it had always worked. They assumed it would work again. They were not deliberately setting up a scam. They may not originally have meant to be taken as gods, but fell prey to the fact that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Seaboe
                    And when they set them up, they didn't figure that their future would be so short.

Comment

Hello Thor!

I really enjoy this episode for a lot of reasons. Among those are the Horus guard helmet -- wickedly awesome. It mentions Horus, though Heru'Ur is Horus the Elder which isn't the same as Horus. it's like a spin-off. There's the Sumerians again and the Norse mythology. There's Carter discovering she can use the handdevices left by Kendra. There's tests and trials to overcome. There's plenty of action for all our heroes. And of course, there's the Beliskner and Thor himself.

Asgard episodes always put a smile on my happy, little Stargate face.

How would you rate SG-1's "Thor's Chariot?"

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

The 3-episode quiz -- THIS WAY!

Thor's Chariot jigsaw puzzle
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 January 2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

It's usually accepted that Asgard episodes are great episodes. They were always interesting to me which is why I liked this episode because we got to see Thor as a person. Good thing he was understanding or that could have ended badly. I also liked the puzzle because it allowed the brains of SG1 shine for a change.

Six minutes and 20 seconds
                        Last edited by jelgate; 04 January 2018, 12:05 PM.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

7 minutes and 51 seconds -- not too shabby

Comment

10:34

So glad that SG1 went back to help the Cimmerians, after all, it was their fault that they didn't have that defense against the Goa'uld. SG1 really pulled through by passing the tests, so that we get to meet the real Thor. Yay!

Comment

I always felt they sometimes lacked in taking responsibility for their actions, but with the Cimmerians they really came through.

I will always love episode with the Cimmerians because the set dressing and prop-building is seriously amaze-balls.

Comment

Errors:

1. New trees have grown out within a year around the stargate:
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x06/01.jpg
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x06/02.jpg

2. A major mistake. When they send the MALP through to Cimmeria, they have forgotten to put the back wall of the gate room set, so we can see the checked wall of the Bridge studios (!!!!).
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x06/07.jpg

3. Daniel's glasses are reflecting the strong lights:
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x06/08.jpg
                                (Same happened in the past a few times by the way, just I haven't mentioned it.)

4. The entrance of the cave is pretty bad. No moss will grow on every side. I believe they used this set piece in a few SG:A episodes as well.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X