Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Thor's Chariot (206)

Yay Thor! I prefer the puppet that they started using after "Nemesis", but this one was also cute.

This episode was one of their greatest. We meet our most powerful ally to date, and we meet Her'ur, son of Ra and Hathor. I love it when Teal'c says "Things will not calm down. Things will actually calm up." That is sooo funny. Cracks me up every time.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Default Re: Thor's Chariot (206)

I wish we'd go back to Cimmeria again. I liked Gairwyn, and there's so much that was left unexplored. I mean, this is THE refugee planet. Think of how many goa'uld must have gotten stuck in the Hammer before they figured out that Cimmeria wasn't a Good Idea in general. All the ex-host's descendants...all the opportunities for old grudges and closeted skeletons...the could do almost anything with this one.

this is one of my favorites 'classics' so to speak. nice to see the horus guards again was missing them from the film and some nice info on the family of ra.

nice battle scenes aswell as the intro to an import ally of the sgc a really good episode!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    I wish we'd go back to Cimmeria again. I liked Gairwyn, and there's so much that was left unexplored. I mean, this is THE refugee planet. Think of how many goa'uld must have gotten stuck in the Hammer before they figured out that Cimmeria wasn't a Good Idea in general. All the ex-host's descendants...all the opportunities for old grudges and closeted skeletons...the could do almost anything with this one.
    I was thinking the samething, zats.

I would like to see the planet after the Asgard helped them rebuild and to teach them.

Watched this episode again today. It's not one that I automatically return to, but watching it today it has so many good qualities as well as a naivety that has been lost in newer season. Her'ur was not my fav Goa'uld (that place is reserved for Ba'al) as he was very gimicky, but this was the start of so much - the protected planets treaty, sam and her naquadah blood, and the desire to blow up jaffa with c4!

It would have been nice to go back to the planet again, but for that matter it would be nice to revisit a lot of planets but we know it'll never happen. This is a good eppy cos it has everyone doin what they do best - teal'c and jack a fightin', danny translatin' and sam workin out stuff. Ohh the memories.

Anyone notice in this how perfect timeing the explosions were. Jack just clicked one then another etc... and got 2 guys with every hit. Then he mows down 5 jaffa? You never see them take down jaffa that easy later.

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

That is a good idea zats. This one was good, about equal with the first one with Cimmeria. (I still love Gairwyn's line & look from the 1st ep. about them being a little short for gods.) Though they did give Teal'c a nice line in: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up."
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
    That is a good idea zats. This one was good, about equal with the first one with Cimmeria. (I still love Gairwyn's line & look from the 1st ep. about them being a little short for gods.) Though they did give Teal'c a nice line in: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up."
    I lliked Gairwyn too. She handled a lot well--one minute Thor is a god and the next minute he's, well, Thor, our little gray friend. It might be fun to have her visit the SGC even.

Zat Re: Thor's Chariot (206)

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55
    I lliked Gairwyn too. She handled a lot well--one minute Thor is a god and the next minute he's, well, Thor, our little gray friend. It might be fun to have her visit the SGC even.
    It's not often that we get to see a female planetary leader who isn't (a) goa'uld or (b) madly in love with a member of the team or (c) both. Gairwyn was an exception, which made her incredibly cool.

Wonder how much of the Asgaard the Cimmerans actually saw? If they stuck around for a few days and then went on to the next fun thing, or if they were integrated into the Cimmeran culture.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    Anyone notice in this how perfect timeing the explosions were. Jack just clicked one then another etc... and got 2 guys with every hit. Then he mows down 5 jaffa? You never see them take down jaffa that easy later.
    Well... surprise was an element on their side

I liked this episode overall. It was good that they returned to Cimmeria - it could so easily have been another storyline never resolved.

My favourite line:
    Daniel: I don't suppose this is the best time to bring up my problem with heights?
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...-water-sig.jpg

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

It's not often that we get to see a female planetary leader who isn't (a) goa'uld or (b) madly in love with a member of the team or (c) both. Gairwyn was an exception, which made her incredibly cool.
    Yes!
    Wonder how much of the Asgaard the Cimmerans actually saw? If they stuck around for a few days and then went on to the next fun thing, or if they were integrated into the Cimmeran culture.
    I wonder what happened with the "Asgard teacher" they left behind. It would be cool to see them interacting.

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55
    I wonder what happened with the "Asgard teacher" they left behind. It would be cool to see them interacting.
    Fic! Fic! Fic!

1. So SG-1 gate to a planet that they know is occupied by the Goa'uld, but instead of taking cover as soon as they get to cimmeria, they stand on the platform like little targets.

2. And when we get a close-up view of Heru-ur, is he wearing a black turtleneck?

3. Also, why did Danny assume that it was Apophis that was attacking? Even after he saw the Jaffa's tattoes.

4. So the C-4 has a big printed warning that says "front towards enemy." Does C-4 really say that?
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate

4. So the C-4 has a big printed warning that says "front towards enemy." Does C-4 really say that?
    I think those were claymore mines. And I think military stuff really does say that, according to someone I knew who was in the military. maybe some of the people better in the know about military stuff can answer that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they focused in on that b/c it *is* funny.

This is the first and pretty much only time we ever see the Asgard kick some Goa'uld butt, too bad they weakened the Asgard over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    3. Also, why did Danny assume that it was Apophis that was attacking? Even after he saw the Jaffa's tattoes.
    Going a little psychoanalyst here (or maybe just psycho)...but Sha're was taken by Apophis. It would make sense for Daniel to automatically/unintentionally associate Apophis with super-evil goa'uld, aka the type who would invade a peaceful planet and drive the people into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantevilhead
    This is the first and pretty much only time we ever see the Asgard kick some Goa'uld butt, too bad they weakened the Asgard over the years.
    If they didn't, we probably wouldn't have a show.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    If they didn't, we probably wouldn't have a show.
    No, I think that they could've easily found a way to maintain Asgard dominance without necessarily provoking an all out engagement with the Gou'ald. Think of the way superior beings such as the Nox, Ancients, Ma'chello, Aschen and even Togar were dealt with over the years. They all remained formidable adversaries to the Gou'ald without any weakening. The Asgard could have been treated similarly but the ball was dropped.

The Nox pretty much stay where they are and are content to do so, the Ancients were around thousands of years ago, and have since ascended, not caring much anymore what goes on in our little plane of existence, Machello did his best but he wasn't able to do more then stop the goa'uld from totally dominating the galaxy before he went to sleep. The Aschen probably didn't even know about the Goa'uld until we told them about them, and Togar was afraid to go exploring himself. How are they all formiddable advesaries to the Goa'uld that have kept on going?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    The Nox pretty much stay where they are and are content to do so, the Ancients were around thousands of years ago, and have since ascended, not caring much anymore what goes on in our little plane of existence, Machello did his best but he wasn't able to do more then stop the goa'uld from totally dominating the galaxy before he went to sleep. The Aschen probably didn't even know about the Goa'uld until we told them about them, and Togar was afraid to go exploring himself. How are they all formiddable advesaries to the Goa'uld that have kept on going?
    Um, the Nox, Ancients, Aschen and to a lesser extent Ma'chello (even after his death) and Togar are all still far more powerful than the Gou'ald even though they do not directly confront them (and neither did the Asgard except in extrordinary cases like Cimmeria). They're all still going strong (except Ma'chello, but his inventions continue to work), not necessarily fighting the Gou'ald, but capable of doing so at any time.

The writers found creative ways to prevent these powerful races/beings from overwhelming the Gou'ald just as they should have done with the Tollan and the Asgard. Instead, they totally changed (and subsequently wiped out) the former and weakened the latter through the use of the replicators (who, as cool as they are, were a cop out by the writers and have since been overused to the point of exhaustion) and the final insult of Thor's capture by Anubis.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast