new Star Trek movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Star Trek movie

Anybody hear any kind of plans for a new Star Trek movie?...I remember after the last debacle they made (God that movie was horrible) the franchise has seemed dead. I know they said that Nemesis was it for the TNG crew. Then I remember reading that they had plans or were writing up a story involving Capt Janeway and some of the Voyager crew for Star Trek 11....This was awhile back and have'nt heard anything since. Any info or ideas about this are appreciated.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I hear its set after ENT's time but before TOS. Many have speculated that it has something to do with the Romulan Wars. The new cast is said to be 'younger', which has led to speculation that it has something to do with Starfleet Academy also.

This is all just rumor that I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
      Anybody hear any kind of plans for a new Star Trek movie?...I remember after the last debacle they made (God that movie was horrible) the franchise has seemed dead. I know they said that Nemesis was it for the TNG crew. Then I remember reading that they had plans or were writing up a story involving Capt Janeway and some of the Voyager crew for Star Trek 11....This was awhile back and have'nt heard anything since. Any info or ideas about this are appreciated.
      The original idea was that Nemesis would be the final TNG movie, but if very successful, it would get a direct sequel, and that would be the final TNG movie.

Recently, Scott Bakula has stated that durring his show's 3rd season, Berman and Braga toyed with the idea of doing an ENT movie.

It seems the new movie will be a prequel to the other movies, set between ENT and TOS, probably about the Romulan War, originally intended to use the ENT cast, but now featuring a new cast.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
        The original idea was that Nemesis would be the final TNG movie, but if very successful, it would get a direct sequel, and that would be the final TNG movie.

Recently, Scott Bakula has stated that durring his show's 3rd season, Berman and Braga toyed with the idea of doing an ENT movie.

It seems the new movie will be a prequel to the other movies, set between ENT and TOS, probably about the Romulan War, originally intended to use the ENT cast, but now featuring a new cast.

Thoughts?
        That is pretty much what I heard... or at least something similiar. That it will likely deal with the Romulan War, which is the MAJOR event around ST:E's time period that hasn't been covered really (though it was touched on), and now won't be. I could see some of the cast form ST:E coming on board to do a movie that afterall is dealing with their time. Particularly, Archer and maybe T'Pol. (Ens. Soto (linguist) and Cdr. Tucker (engineer), possibly... but I don't really see any of the others doing it)

The thing is... the Romulan War is the specific reason the United Federation of Planets was born. Earth, Vulcan, Andoria, and the Tellarites were the original signatories I believe. They decided that it was mutually beneficial to combine trade, science, and defense. The Federation, is really sort of like the U.S. government setup. Each 'state' maintains its own local customs and laws (excepting where Federation law supercedes it... usually rare though). However, the UFP is responsible for overall foreign policy and defense. (Each planet has its own defence force/police, besides Starfleet) The capitol of the UFP is in Paris, and the HQ of Starfleet Command is in San Francisco. ( , although given todays political climate... I doubt either would even be in consideration... ) anywho... That is what they were headed towards with ST:E, but since it's been canceled, it does seem likely they may tell the story on film. It could be a really good story... aren't most big space battles?? That is what I loved about DS9... So, who knows? I guess we'll have to just wait and see what they decided to do finally.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
          That is pretty much what I heard... or at least something similiar. That it will likely deal with the Romulan War, which is the MAJOR event around ST:E's time period that hasn't been covered really (though it was touched on), and now won't be. I could see some of the cast form ST:E coming on board to do a movie that afterall is dealing with their time. Particularly, Archer and maybe T'Pol. (Ens. Soto (linguist) and Cdr. Tucker (engineer), possibly... but I don't really see any of the others doing it)

The thing is... the Romulan War is the specific reason the United Federation of Planets was born. Earth, Vulcan, Andoria, and the Tellarites were the original signatories I believe. They decided that it was mutually beneficial to combine trade, science, and defense. The Federation, is really sort of like the U.S. government setup. Each 'state' maintains its own local customs and laws (excepting where Federation law supercedes it... usually rare though). However, the UFP is responsible for overall foreign policy and defense. (Each planet has its own defence force/police, besides Starfleet) The capitol of the UFP is in Paris, and the HQ of Starfleet Command is in San Francisco. ( , although given todays political climate... I doubt either would even be in consideration... ) anywho... That is what they were headed towards with ST:E, but since it's been canceled, it does seem likely they may tell the story on film. It could be a really good story... aren't most big space battles?? That is what I loved about DS9... So, who knows? I guess we'll have to just wait and see what they decided to do finally.

Hey don't be bagging on San Francisco as the location for Starfleet! Actually to be geographically correct, Starfleet Academy is located in Marin County (which is connected just to the North of SF, half the Golden Gate Bridge is in Marin county) Those shots of Starfleet academy in "Voyage Home" shows Starfleet on the Marin headlands facing SF and the GGB. Where as the way they portrayed it in 'Voyager', shows Starfleet academy located in Sausalito. Starfleet owns the primest real estate anywhere in the world!. I work in San Francisco everyday, and my home is 11 miles north of SF in Marin county (San Rafael) which is also home to 'Skywalker ranch'. My house is 2 miles from the gates of his country palace.... I believe they choose to build Starfleet in SF/Marin Co. because of politics. SF is the most liberal, anything goes, accept ALL cutures, races, greed..etc..in a very beutiful city and especially because its built with the view of Golden Gate Bridge in full view of every shot of the academy. They do this because the GGB is the most beuatiful awe imspiring enginering marvel!...Starfleet is perfectly placed!.

Thanx for the info Daniel and Sea!...I kinda like that idea, although I sure would like to see the next TV production show set in the 25th or 26th century. Eneterprise I or J

^5 to DS9, that was my very favorite sci-fi show before SG!. I have all the seasons on DVD and watch seasons 6&7 regulary. Best episode ever for DS9. the one where Sisko has to bring the Romulans into the war against the Dominion. So Sisko has one there ambassadors blown up while framing the Dominion. It worked!
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Actually, I used to live in San Fran... sort of. (actually I think it was San Jose) My dad was stationed on the U.S.S. Enterprise, which was based out of Alamida (I can't remember how to spell it.. ). I actually got to go on a cruise, aboard the Enterprise... We went out into the bay, past Alcatraz, and under the GGB, out into the Pacific...! Then turned around and came back... I was like, 7 years old at the time. My family took a motor boat into the Bay to watch an Air Show (from off an Aircraft Carrier), once too. At the end of the day my vision was bumping up and down like we were still on the boat.. LOL I only lived there for 6 months though, then I moved back with my mom who was living in NC by then. I also got to visit San Diego; we went to the zoo... very fun! I still remember all of that real well.. I also remember that crazy highway 'figure 8,8,8,8,8' thing... *shakes dizzy-ness off...* I have mostly good memories of my time there...

My favorite eps. of DS9 (well...most sentimentally connected too), is "The Visitor". I cried the first time I saw it. (I still choke up a little) But... to be fair, when I first saw it, I was having a really bad time in my life. So I was sort of prone to it more than normal. That was a great episode.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

^ooh! i agree the visitor is amazing, and it's definately my favorite ep as well

as for a movie, after last night's ep, i say they should make a mirror universe movie hehe
              Spoiler:
              "empress sato" hehe... brilliant!

Comment

I think Berman is kidding himself if he thinks Paramount is going to pony up the money for a prequel movie with a new crew. More than likely I think they will just pay for the script as they have been contracted to do... and let his contract as the grand Trek-meister expire.

Berman and Braga really screwed "Enterprise" up for three seasons, and season 4 just came to late to save it: the lead up to the Romulan War should have been the story arc for "Enterprise", not some Star Trek film with folks we've never seen before.

Comment

A movie on the Romulan war could prove intresting.
                  http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

They need to do a DS9 movie. The Dominion is still a huge threat. They still don't have a way to detect Changelings and for all we know the 5 Changelings from "Paradise Lost" are still on earth. Plus the Founders are going to be super pissed when they find out that the Federation engineered the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                      They need to do a DS9 movie. The Dominion is still a huge threat. They still don't have a way to detect Changelings and for all we know the 5 Changelings from "Paradise Lost" are still on earth. Plus the Founders are going to be super pissed when they find out that the Federation engineered the plague.

Big bump.....DS9 and the whole Dominion war with the changlings was the best!....I can see a movie being done with the Dominion as an allie to StarFleet against rebel Dominion soldiers. Or a revamped Breen invasion force being built.

I still ideally would love to see a 26th or even 27th century Starfleet with the Borg, Romulans, Dominion, Xindi all as StarFleet members. That way they would have to come up with new super evil and powerful enemy...
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'd like to see something OTHER than a "new enemy". Star Trek has had threats other than enemy races. Sometimes a disease, sometimes political problems within the Federation, sometimes rogue astronomical bodies (comets, stellar fragmens, whatever), sometimes it is just the nuances of first contact. An "enemy" is too much like every other science fiction format out there.

I've already suggested a "post apocalpytic Federation" that is struggling to get back on it's feet.. which would allow a mix of characters from TNG, DS9, and VOY if needed.. but even that seems a bit stale.

Surely there have to be soem other possibilities out there? A new "super evil" enemy for a show like Stargate, which very rarely does purely exploration, first contact, or other interesting science fiction ideas may be requisite, but I think Trek can manage to do something a little different?

Comment

Thats another great idea for a movie Darth....The Federation and the surrounding galaxies in shambles needing to rebuilt after some great conflict with a mysterious adversary. Push it into the future some so we see more advanced technology and Starships.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

His idea is Andromeda.....that's why it would never work.

Andromeda = Enterprise-X
                            CommonWealth = Federation
                            Neequiancs = Romulans
                            Red Demon Thingy(Abbys) = Borg
                            Rev's Race = Dominion's Jem Ha'Dar

Trekkers, Gaters, Scapers, we would all see to many parrallels. It just wouldn't work, IMO. Sorry Darth.

Maybe instead of the Federation falling, Earth fell. And now we have no HQ, we now have to rise from the ashes. Something like that could work, maybe. But who knows...not I.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                              His idea is Andromeda.....that's why it would never work....

Trekkers, Gaters, Scapers, we would all see to many parrallels. It just wouldn't work, IMO. Sorry Darth.

Maybe instead of the Federation falling, Earth fell. And now we have no HQ, we now have to rise from the ashes. Something like that could work, maybe. But who knows...not I.
                              Which is why I said it was stale!

However, remember that DS9 ALSO borrowed a good bit from another show:

DS9 = BAB5 Space station in key sector of space where many empires meet
                              Vorlons = Prophets Supernatural beings guiding a people
                              Shadows = Pagh Wraiths Evil Supernatural folks
                              Sinclair = Sisko Commander who becomes a religious icon to a race
                              Shadow War = Dominion War Sector/Galaxy wide war
                              Ivanova = Kira Fiesty first officer
                              Franklin = Bashir Smart and handsome doctor
                              Garibaldi = Odo Haunted and paranoid security officer
                              White Star = Defiant Smaller than other warships but packs a big punch
                              Narn = Bajorans Spiritual People who suffered an occupation
                              Centauri = Cardassians Imperial former occupiers who becomie puppets for a greater evil, and are left in ruins
                              Drahk = Founders Insidious enemy

I've even pointed out in so many words that the Andromeda premise would probably have made better "Trek" than anything else in other threads.

But given the parallels between DS9 and BAB5, both of which did well, I'm not sure it couldn't be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X