What is your favourite ST movie(s)?
My rank order is:
1) ST II: Wrath of Khan -- best soundtrack, excellent visuals for 1982, excellent acting, lots of action, best dialog, and a really believable and fluid plot. Also, some really sad scenes (Capt. Spock dying, Adm Kirk's son saying he's proud to be Adm Kirk's son, Scotty's nephew dying). Great character interaction too!
2) ST III: Search for Spock - excellent continuity from II; great action scenes, cool soundtrack, fluid and believable plot, and some great quotes and dialog (see my quotes thread). Okay, so Spock coming back isn't all that plausible, but still, it was a great movie.
3) ST VI: Undiscovered Country - I loved General Chang and I liked how Sulu was promoted to Captain and given the Excelsior. Some really great lines and good acting and a good plot. Great interaction between the characters.
4) ST VIII: First Contact - I usually don't like TNG as much, but I really loved the Borg Queen and Lilly. I also liked Dr. Cochcrane and the interaction between all the characters. I especially liked Captain Picard in this movie; he went from being a passive diplomat to a hardcore bad ass! THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE! I really loved his passion and anger in this movie, plus I loved the interaction between Data and the Borg Queen. A great movie! Of course, I don't like time travel, so negative points for that plot device, but hey...it did work out.
5) ST X: Nemesis - Great action, lame plot, and pretty good action scenes. I loved the Scimitar and the Remans were cool, albeit somewhat creepy. I thought the plot was pretty unbelievable, however.
6) ST VII: Generations - Pretty cool to see Captains Kirk and Picard working side-by-side, but the plot was unrealistic and the villain, Dr. Soren, was okay, nothing special. He wasn't evil, just wanted to get back into the Nexus. I also don't like Guinan much and generally don't like her in any movie. Data's emotion chip was annoying, but did provide for some laughs.
7) ST IX: Insurrection - Um, this was an episode of TNG, not a movie. It was okay. Michael Welch (aka "young O'Neill) was in this.
8) ST IV: The Voyage Home -- Probably one of the funniest of the ST movies. Good acting and great lines. Good visual effects. Lame plot. More time travel! UUUGGGH! Admiral, there be whales here!
9) ST I: The Motion Picture - Not bad visuals for the 70s. Lame ass uniforms. Some good dialog. Unrealistic plot, overrall. Great acting and some cool characters.
10) ST V: Final Frontier -- Um, no comment. At least there were some funny lines and the acting was good, overall.
How do you rate the ST movies? Do you think they'll ever make more?