This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ties That Bind (SPOILERS)

Was reading the spoilers for the ties that bind when i got to thinking.

Daniel learns that he and Vala have been bound together by an alien energy field. They are searching for an alien necklace that Vala once pawned off on a former friend of hers They meet the man -- Inago, a former Jaffa warrior who now sells trinkets at an alien bazaar -- and arrange an exchange: the "worthless" neckless Vala sold him for the "worthless" power coil he sold her.
    Could this worthless power coil be a zpm. We know that there will be some crossovers this season so that means earth needs one now that we sent the good one to pegasus. or am i just wishfull thinking. Seems to fit Vala that something worthless would be really valuable.
    Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

You should have posted this thread in the "SG-1 - Season Nine" forum.

Comment

We are in the SG-1 Season 9 forum. I really don't think so about the ZPM.
      sigpic

Comment

If Vala had a ZPM, unless it was depleted, Daniel and Mitchell would probably go to great lengths to get it. If they had a chance to get one of those they would replace it with something else. Use common sense. And this is the season 9 section.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
          We are in the SG-1 Season 9 forum.
          Yes, since this thread was moved.

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
          Could this worthless power coil be a zpm.
          Yes, that is possible. A ZPM can be considered as a worthless coil if the owner does not know how to use it. Remember "Zero Hour" where System Lord Camulus said he found an Ancient technology (a ZPM) but he did not know how to use it. I read on GateWorld that, according to the producer Joseph Mallozzi, "the events of 'The Ties That Bind' spin off from what happens in the three-parter -- but (in true SG-1 fashion) the episode can be considered a stand-alone". So, I think there will be a link between the Ancients (or the Ori) with what happens in "The Ties that Bind" : an Ori Prior will come on Earth, according to GateWorld. And if this episode can be considered as a stand-alone, then I think it is about the story concerning the coil. With a ZPM, this episode could be more interesting than just searching for a lost coil in order to help Vala and Daniel. But I cannot judge this episode without having watched it. I cannot be sure of anything else till I watch this episode.

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
          We know that there will be some crossovers this season so that means earth needs one now that we sent the good one to pegasus.
          I agree with you. If one wants to open a wormhole to Atlantis, the only solution consists in getting a ZPM. There can be a crossover with Stargate Atlantis on Stargate SG-1 if Earth does a job to join Atlantis or if something from Atlantis has an effect on the Milky Way. In season 8, the Prometheus began to fly to Atlantis, SG-1 discovered Janus' timeship, and SG-1 got a ZPM grace to the timeship so as to help Atlantis against the Wraith. So, why not discover another ZPM very deserved to contact Atlantis ?

Comment

At the Vancouver convention, they showed a clip where dr. Weir and Colonel Cadwell were in the stargate command conference room which seems to indicate that Earth as the mean to send them back to the Pegasus galaxie.

Comment

Actually I have been reading the epsiodes and interveiws and I think we may get something before that. maybe in the episode avalon. I read something about they find something and combine it with something they already have. If i read it right they travel to another galaxy in avalon and meet there new enemy. Could the sword in the stone from the episode have something to do with it? Aslo everone keeps forgetting earth needs a zpm to work the ancient weapons in anartica.

Comment

They're going to have to find some sort of power source that will elt them gate to other galaxies, and I'm guessing it's going to be fairly early in the season. Like michael said, they won't have Weir and Caldwell at the SGC if they couldn't send them back to Atlantis quickly.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

They could have just asked the Asgard for one of those hand held devices that opens gates to other galaxies.

Comment

I think the asgard just dial the gate long enough to make a connection then use somekind of powersource on the other side to keep the wormhole connected. Kind of like the episode when the russians couldn't get the wormhole to close. Might explain why jack was able to use the device to reach the asgard. (just needed enough juice to make a connection) Could be useful on earth just do what rodney did to dial earth and use the zpm to keep the wormhole open.

Comment

Originally posted by Aither
                      Yes, since this thread was moved.

Yes, that is possible. A ZPM can be considered as a worthless coil if the owner does not know how to use it. Remember "Zero Hour" where System Lord Camulus said he found an Ancient technology (a ZPM) but he did not know how to use it. I read on GateWorld that, according to the producer Joseph Mallozzi, "the events of 'The Ties That Bind' spin off from what happens in the three-parter -- but (in true SG-1 fashion) the episode can be considered a stand-alone". So, I think there will be a link between the Ancients (or the Ori) with what happens in "The Ties that Bind" : an Ori Prior will come on Earth, according to GateWorld. And if this episode can be considered as a stand-alone, then I think it is about the story concerning the coil. With a ZPM, this episode could be more interesting than just searching for a lost coil in order to help Vala and Daniel. But I cannot judge this episode without having watched it. I cannot be sure of anything else till I watch this episode.

I agree with you. If one wants to open a wormhole to Atlantis, the only solution consists in getting a ZPM. There can be a crossover with Stargate Atlantis on Stargate SG-1 if Earth does a job to join Atlantis or if something from Atlantis has an effect on the Milky Way. In season 8, the Prometheus began to fly to Atlantis, SG-1 discovered Janus' timeship, and SG-1 got a ZPM grace to the timeship so as to help Atlantis against the Wraith. So, why not discover another ZPM very deserved to contact Atlantis ?
                      The SGC will probably find one or more ZPMs this season, but the idea that Vala has one is unlikely in the extreme. It mentions that Daniel and Mitchell are with her to sell this thing, and even if she had no idea what a ZPM was, they would, and would more than likely be willing to give up an arm or a leg to get it. In fact, depending on what goes on, if Landry back at the base and O'Neill wherever he's working from learn of this beforehand, they will likely order Daniel and Mitchell to procure the power source, if it is a ZPM.

Comment

Apparently 2 way travel bw Atlantis and Earth will still be difficult because Martin Gero has stated that Atlantis will still be "isolated". So if we do find a ZPM, it will be most likely partially depleted.
                        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                        [Cut to shot of the door]
                        [Cut back to O'Neill]
                        O'NEILL: Any time now.
                        [Cut back to door]

Comment

The spoilers say
                          Spoiler:
                          They meet the man -- Inago, a former Jaffa warrior who now sells trinkets at an alien bazaar

So this means that not all Jaffa are part of the new nation - why not?
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

They're free for the first time in history. Now, they can do whatever the heck they want.

Hopefully, we'll see more stories about this. Jaffa warring amongst themselves or raiding and pillaging innocent human planets... the are a myriad of possibilities.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Later, Daniel and Vala join Teal'c and new S.G.C. commander General Landry (Beau Bridges) in petitioning Senator Fisher in Washington, D.C. Authoritarian and quite pragmatic, Fischer is the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee. The Senator is pleased with the fact that the Replicators, Anubis, and the Goa'uld have been effectively defeated, since the Jaffa are now free and serve their former masters no longer.

Nevertheless, Fisher knows that in theory the Orii can't act in our galaxy without incurring the wrath of the Ancients. He is convinced that it is now in Earth's best interest to spend its time and money building more Daedalus-class ships rather than exploring through the gate. He cuts the Stargate program's operating budget by 70 percent.

"Meanwhile, General Landry (Beau Bridges) is discouraged to learn that Congress has plans to severely slash the Stargate program's budget, reducing it by more than half. In the hopes that the ongoing battle with the Ori will reestablish the importance of the program in terms of global security, Landry calls upon Daniel and Vala to testify about the imminent threat that the Ori pose. However, when the group is accused of fabricating the situation, Landry worries what implications this setback will have on the future of Stargate Command."

A bit too reminescent of Kinsey and Politics
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X