This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Secret Service uses the P90!

Well technically it's the Secret Service Counter Assault Team but I'm pretty sure that it's a P90.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/27/whi....ap/index.html
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Beat ya to it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....7&postcount=46

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
      Well technically it's the Secret Service Counter Assault Team but I'm pretty sure that it's a P90.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/27/whi....ap/index.html
      Shhhh it's secret

sorry couldn't resist

Comment

The Secret Service is one of the few that uses the P90.

Comment

Makes sense. It is a bloody good gun.

Watch 'the Warrior' from Season 5, and they tell you all the P-90 stats (as well as Carter's shooting match with Rak'nor...that was classic).

Comment

And the USSS has a history of picking the right guns, and good guns.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
              Makes sense. It is a bloody good gun.

Watch 'the Warrior' from Season 5, and they tell you all the P-90 stats (as well as Carter's shooting match with Rak'nor...that was classic).
              It has its weaknesses; among them, the fact that you can't reload the ammo (which is why it makes absolutely no sense to have taken them to Atlantis, where it's not like they can just requisition more as they need it). However, for what the Secret Service do, it's a great weapon.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                It has its weaknesses; among them, the fact that you can't reload the ammo (which is why it makes absolutely no sense to have taken them to Atlantis, where it's not like they can just requisition more as they need it).
                They have M-16's, M-4's, and M9's that use regular 9mm rounds that can be loaded, so in a pinch I'm sure they would switch. Besides, where would they get the supplies to reload the ammo anyway?
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  They have M-16's, M-4's, and M9's that use regular 9mm rounds that can be loaded, so in a pinch I'm sure they would switch. Besides, where would they get the supplies to reload the ammo anyway?
                  Manufacturing the stuff to reload it with is a whole lot easier than manufacturing the whole thing.
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Forget reloading the ammo just get another clip. Besides it holds 20 more rounds then most assault rifles. Plus it has more fire penitration power then most smgs because it uses rifle ammo.(which is why the sgc started using them. Jaffa armor.) Its clear clip on top of the gun lets you see how many rounds you got left. And it spits the spent shells down out of the line of sight. Yet its small and compact so it can be used in tight quaters and single shot feature allows for precsion shooting. Or just go all out and empty the whole clip into a wraith.
                    Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

The P90 never has and never will use clips. It uses magazines. The difference? Clips hold bullets together while magazines house bullets (or the bullets reside in). Please refrain from interchanging terms. It's just as bad as calling a car, a motorbike.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                        Manufacturing the stuff to reload it with is a whole lot easier than manufacturing the whole thing.
                        I wasn't disputing the relative "ease" by which one or the other could be done, I asked where they would get the supplies to reload the ammunition. Just because it would be easier, doesn't mean it would be more possible.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
                          Forget reloading the ammo just get another clip. Besides it holds 20 more rounds then most assault rifles. Plus it has more fire penitration power then most smgs because it uses rifle ammo.(which is why the sgc started using them. Jaffa armor.)
                          The P90 uses smaller 5.7mm rounds, and the reason the SGC started using them was because of thick Unas hide, not Jaffa armor.
                          Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
                          Its clear clip on top of the gun lets you see how many rounds you got left. Or just go all out and empty the whole clip into a wraith.
                          Clip? P90s use magazines.

Comment

That's ...cute. I think SG1 decks out better with it.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                            X