No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great episode make sure to watch 'Legacy' as it has Daniel Jackson playing a similar role.
    Remember he wasn't Psycho he was addicted to the Sarcophagus.

PS- Please excuse bad spelling.

Comment

Ugh... doesn't look like my feelings about this episode have changed much since last time I watched it...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I really hate what that stupid, manipulative princess does to Daniel, and how she blackmails him into addiction. And then I really hate what addict!Daniel does to his friends, even though he can't help himself anymore. He does look like a real brat when he's been in the sarcophagus for 9 or 10 times, who needs a good kick up the mik'ta to come back down to Earth.
      Yup, still this.

Michael does a brilliant job bringing an alternative Daniel to life, and the others too act their hearts out.

It's not an episode I would voluntarily watch on a one-off occasion but it certainly ranks higher up in the chain of great episodes -- but only as far as acting goes, not story. Story, I just can't get behind.

How would you rate SG-1's "Need?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair for acting only -- story takes this down from a good.
      Poor
      Terrible

The 3-episode quiz -- THIS WAY!

Need jigsaw puzzle
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 January 2018, 05:18 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wasn't sure if we were even doing this anymore

I never understand the hate of this episode. I'm not going to say I love it but I don't hate it. I like more exploring of Sam as host of Jolinar and more about the sarchpagaus.I don't really even hate the princess. Although they may have cast someone too old. Its a fair episode.

4 minutes and 50 seconds
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Work shenanigans and Star Wars got in the way of things -- and then lazy weekend and new year's... But I'm starting 2018 of with a week off from work so I can finally catch up with the rewatch.

Comment

I liked this episode. I thought the sarchpagaus addiction was a nice touch and addon on how the Goa'uld came to be major butt holes. The plot was entertaining enough. And I enjoyed seeing Daniel go through his addiction slowly losing himself.

I never understand the hate of this episode. I'm not going to say I love it but I don't hate it. I like more exploring of Sam as host of Jolinar and more about the sarchpagaus.I don't really even hate the princess. Although they may have cast someone too old. Its a fair episode.

4 minutes and 50 seconds
            I thought the princess was a nice character. Not as in nice person, but really an interesting way to get Daniel into trouble and addicted. Remember kids, don't trust pretty royal women or they will get you hooked on drugs

5 Minutes and 32 seconds.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

That's why we left the oppressive British crown. Pity FH's people haven't learned this lesson. Do we really know what is in their chocolates?
              Jelgate is right

Comment

That's why we left the oppressive British crown. Pity FH's people haven't learned this lesson. Do we really know what is in their chocolates?
                Our King has little to no power -- and if he doesn't agree with any law, we just have him abdicate for the day and pass the law, which happened once in our history.

I'm also very amused how they kept ridiculing King Leopold of Belgium in the ITV series Victoria. We were snorting every single time.

Comment

7 minutes 55 seconds -- the grass did me in.

Comment

Not everyone can be the master
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

8:43

I found this episode interesting because it does show what addiction is like. It is not pretty. MS did an excellent job showing all the emotion. Gotta love Daniel, he actually forgives Shyla and wants to help her through withdrawal, sort of like an Alcoholics Anonymois sponsor.

Comment

And he does it again in The Light in season 4 -- showing yet another side of addiction and withdrawal.

Comment

Error :

1. Carter dials the third symbol instead of the second on the DHD. And she pushes again only 3 or 4 symbols...
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x05/01.jpg

My comment : I have no idea, I haven't learned the symbols on the DHD how to dial Earth, but it looks a Hungarian fan did.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

whats the difference between a king and a senator? a king doesnt want to break his property (the people)

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

The sarcophagus addiction in this episode is just adding in back story for the introduction of the Tok'ra a few episodes later and the reason why their humans don't live as long other than that I'm not a big fan of this episode-it was a good concept just didn't resonate with some fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X