No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at least this time, Jack wasn't the person getting infected etc. or this time addicted.
    Episode is a little bit boring.

Comment

Drug addiction at its finest...erm, worst....?
      "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Daniel is supposed to be so clever. But at that first dinner with the King he missed his chance to do a deal to get access to naquadah and help that world by providing machinery to dig it out (in return for naquadah)

Michael Shanks' acting was good in this I thought, he did a good but somehow understated job of the addiction taking hold and then the come down. SG-1 are very forbearing actually.

ETA: it bugs me greatly that they didn't take the sarc back for testing. They know that it can heal injuries, because Daniel has used it before without any noticeable side effects. Sam, via Jolinar, knows that if it's used on uninjured/healthy people there are side effects (which this ep amply demonstrates). And in later seasons they have a hugely allergic reaction to using the sarc which I don't, frankly, understand.

But still, worth watching this ep for the bare-footed fight scene in the storage cupboard. ;-)
        Last edited by Major Clanger; 27 December 2012, 09:41 AM.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they didn't take it back, cause the people on that planet didn't let us.?

Comment

they destroyed it, didn't they?
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

No, they made it stop working. Not the same as destruction. We don't know (because it was never shown), but the presence of the sarcophagus may have had meaning to the population at large; a meaning that would make removing it a tremendous blow to the political structure.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Need, always brings a plethora of feelings bubbling to the service. Possibly what makes it such a powerful episode for me.

I really hate what that stupid, manipulative princess does to Daniel, and how she blackmails him into addiction. And then I really hate what addict!Daniel does to his friends, even though he can't help himself anymore. He does look like a real brat when he's been in the sarcophagus for 9 or 10 times, who needs a good kick up the mik'ta to come back down to Earth.

It's the first time we see Carter having a Jolinar-flashback. However, it's the first time Teal'c seems to indicate he can tell wether a person is a Goa'uld or not, even though he wasn't aware Jolinar was inside Sam. Was this negligence on the writer's part or am I mistaken in believing he too can sense the Goa'uld?

Some powerful acting on Michael's part though, that's always brilliant to watch.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Your average filler episode with the "I love you, but I don't care if you love me, because you're my prisoner" motto. And as usual, if Daniel didn't poke his nose into local affairs, there would have been no trouble. Figures. The only worthy thing about this story is race traits of Goa'uld revealed, that they're what they're partly because of the sarcophagus influence on them. Also, this parked pyramid ship could have made a nice taxi in case of emergency. Well, yeah, it is obsolete tech, but it surely has got to have some weaponry and can be used as a ferry if need arises, yes? Just send a company of engineers to dig it out and I'm pretty sure it still can take off.

Also, loved Jaffa decorated with nuclear hazard sign. Wonder what god do we worship at the local Nuclear Power Plant

Rating: 4/10
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Not my ep, not at all, sorry!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Cause of the addiction?

Comment

That additction though does go to show why gou'ald are so evil!

Comment

Not my favorite episode by a long shot. The only good thing about it was Michael's awesome acting and learning about the effects of the sarcophagus, as well as Carter's Tok'ra flashback.

That Jaffa symbol l thought looked more like a biohazard sign than a radioactivity warning.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think this was a good episode. I like these earlier seasons because stories are fleshing out characters nicely.

It`s interesting to see that three members of SG-1 probably wouldn`t dare to intervene and stop atempt at sucide, because they knew they couldn`t afford to be discovered by Goauld and Jaffa, they were all soldiers/warriors, but Daniel didn`t care at all. His first prority was to save a life, consequences be damned.

MS did great job in showing various stages his character was in. From gentleness and concern for his friends then euphoria and addiction to sarcophagus to violence from widrawal. I have come to realize how great actor he really is. I enjoyed very much most of the episodes that the focus was on his character because he easily manages to pull me into the story.

This episode reminded me Jack`s quote from The Broca Divide where he said: If you keep this up, you`ll end up with a girl on every planet. Although at that time I thought it was a little inappropriate from him considering Daniel just lost his wife and he really wasn`t responsible for his action then. But this episode shows, Daniel has a weakness for girls in trouble.

I think this episode has a great mix of focus of character, relationships, humor, heart and backround informations.

btw, what`s with kneeling and this show? I don`t think I remember seeing any other show where the characters were on their knees infront of some one as often as in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                              btw, what`s with kneeling and this show? I don`t think I remember seeing any other show where the characters were on their knees infront of some one as often as in this one.
                              It's a sign of submission to your overlords. Be they gods, masters or generally people much higher up in the chain than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                                This episode reminded me Jack`s quote from The Broca Divide where he said: If you keep this up, you`ll end up with a girl on every planet.
                                I'm not sure he'd've said it if Daniel had been in his right mind. I always thought of it as a reference back to Abydos.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X