No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it handled addiction well. Not preachy. MS really did a good job of being a junkie with out being over the top.

Comment

And it also went a long way to show why the Gou'ald are so evil...

Comment

It's amazing how many issues Stargate manages to cover, isn't it? MS was great in this episode.
        sigpic
        Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

"indeed"

Comment

Michael Shanks at his best!
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

This is not one of my favourite episodes. I've only seen it twice. The first time was OK because it was new to me. The second time I didn't enjoy it at all but I can't put my finger on why. The acting was mostly OK, particularly Daniel as an addict and going through withdrawal. The story was OK, although I don't think the sarcophagus is solely (or even mostly) to blame for the Goa'uld being the way they are. I guess it's just going to be one of the episodes I don't watch much.
              C-D
              Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

I actually thought Daniel and Shyla were a cute couple.

My Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/need.html
                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                  I actually thought Daniel and Shyla were a cute couple.

My Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/need.html
                  I really didn't like Shyla, she was controlling, manipulative, suicidal, and mentally insane in general. Sure she had a pretty face but she was completely over the edge. I really do hope that the SGC straightened things out on that planet. It would be completely irresponsible to allow those people to keep shoveling Naquadah to the Goa'uld.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice going Danny. Got his team in trouble because of his impulsiveness. He seems to have forgotten that he is part of a team. Then gets himself addicted to the sarcophagus. "Distressful damsel" as Captain Jack Sparrow would say.

How long where the rest of the SG1 in the mines? With only water to survive?
                    Acting wise, everyone did a great job. Though Sam is not my fave char., I loved Sam's reaction to Danny the first time they see him acting loopy. She looked so shocked and fearful at the same time.The scene between Jack and Daniel when Daniel broke down was really well done as well.I hope Daniel remembers how good a friend Jack. I hope he appreciates the trust Jack gave him when he supported Daniel in going back to the planet. Jack can be really snarky and trigger-happy and closed-minded at times, but when it comes down to it, he is a good friend.
                    Last edited by L E E; 05 July 2008, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                      I really didn't like Shyla, she was controlling, manipulative, suicidal, and mentally insane in general. Sure she had a pretty face but she was completely over the edge. I really do hope that the SGC straightened things out on that planet. It would be completely irresponsible to allow those people to keep shoveling Naquadah to the Goa'uld.
                      totally agree with you. pitiful woman.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                        Nice going Danny. Got his team in trouble because of his impulsiveness. He seems to have forgotten that he is part of a team. Then gets himself addicted to the sarcophagus. "Distressful damsel" as Captain Jack Sparrow would say.
                        I don't blame Daniel for what happened, he was attempting to get them out when he was being addicted to the sarcophagus. There was nothing he could do other than play along with Shyla and try to get her to release his friends.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not a bad episode, acting was top notch - well done Michael Shanks, music was good and we got to learn more about Goa'uld technology.

It goes to explain how the Goa'uld are so evil but like others have said I don't think it's the only contributing factor, maybe but after hundreds/thousands of years of use you can see where it can lead you. Interesting about Sam recalling memory/having a vision from the time she had a Tok'ra in her.

Jack's comment "I've seen an awful lot of union violations here I should probably speak to your supervisors, Hi ho hi ho back to work"

To be fair if anyone is at fault for Shyla's behaviour then it is her parents. It seemed she but a lonely life without others for company, guidance or even friendship so when the man her Mother spoke of came of course she wasn't going to let him go, even if it was deceitful. Also she wanted to please her aging/dying Father.

The Goa'uld that originally mined the planet must of only been a minor Goa'uld otherwise you would think other ships might come or jaffa replacements/rotation etc. But I guess they got their supply sent through the gate they didn't care.

Not the best episode but still good all the same.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Not bad, but nothing special. I would give this ep 7/10

Shyla was cute

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                              I don't blame Daniel for what happened, he was attempting to get them out when he was being addicted to the sarcophagus. There was nothing he could do other than play along with Shyla and try to get her to release his friends.
                              Well, I'm kinda on the fence. While I agree that he did come through in the end, his impulsiveness got them into trouble in the first place.

Even all sarcophaddicted, he still has a way with the ladies, doesn't he?
                              "Daniel, you dog you." (yes, I know, wrong ep)

The moral of the story? There is no such thing as a free ride and even the sun burns if you get too much.

Comment

Aha Daniel reminded me of a rich kid on Crack in this Ep..
                                I'd have to say its one of the more boring eps of season 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X