Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default OT3/love triangles ship thread - for when an easy ship with two ain't enough

So what's OT3?

The definitions I've been told would be threesomes pretty much, for whatever reasons but I'll just go ahead and say this thread is for discussing threesomes or love triangles, bit broader that way.

Anyone got any favourite OT3's or love triangles then?

Also if you like OT3 then you might like Our City community (Sheppard/Weir/Mckay only)
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/atlantis_ot3/

Or even lonely ship community which accepts all sorts of pairings and love triangles.
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/sg_lonelyship/
    Last edited by Purpleyin; April 25th, 2005 at 01:02 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant ohshocking's Avatar

Default Re: OT3/love triangles ship thread - for when an easy ship with two ain't enough

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleyin
    Anyone got any favourite OT3's or love triangles then?
    Pointing out the obvious one (well, obvious to me, anyway ), Shep/McKay/Weir or McShWeir (such a fab word ). Hmm, weird how they don't follow the order of McShWeir when I write it out... Anyway, I think a love triangle between those three would be really interesting to see .
    Uncontrolled Destiny
    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ShepWeir.jpg

Default Re: OT3/love triangles ship thread - for when an easy ship with two ain't enough

Quote Originally Posted by ohshocking
    Pointing out the obvious one (well, obvious to me, anyway ), Shep/McKay/Weir or McShWeir (such a fab word ). Hmm, weird how they don't follow the order of McShWeir when I write it out... Anyway, I think a love triangle between those three would be really interesting to see .
    Is that an OT3 or love triangle? I definately see the triangle but can anyone give me Shep/Mckay ship examples? I haven't noticed them but it doesn't mean they aren't there
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...newteesig2.jpg
    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

McKay, Shep and Weir yup! Or Mckay, Simon and Weir, or Teyla, Shep and Bates, or Kate, McKay and Weir. Oh the possibilities hehe.

Luce xxx

First Lieutenant Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats's Avatar

Hans, you WOULD start this thread!

But thanks. It's been needing discussion.

Another OT3 that no one seems to notice is Ford/Teyla/Shep. Shep likes Teyla, we can see that, and she likes him. But, I think Ford and Teyla like each other quite a bit as well.

That and McShWeir are my pet OT3 ships.

Anyone got a supremely weird one? Or at least outside the normal realm of thought?

I also like Weir/Teyla/McKay or Weir/Teyla/Shep....

Quote Originally Posted by lucylou
    McKay, Shep and Weir yup! Or Mckay, Simon and Weir, or Teyla, Shep and Bates, or Kate, McKay and Weir. Oh the possibilities hehe.

Luce xxx
    Or even Grodin/Weir/Mckay, Grodin/Weir/Shep, Bates/Weir/Shep...
    Personally I'd like to see Weir/McKay/Kavanagh well done - it'd be a challenge but it'd be great.

I entered the OT3 ficathon and asked for McKay/Zelenka/Grodin - sooo many geeks!
    And to be weird also Teyla/Ford/Bates...

I think McShWeir can be the following
    McKay/Weir with Shep angst (something there are very few fics for)
    Shep/Weir with McKay angst (go SWAMA!)
    Shep/McKay with Weir angst
    Shep/Weir and McKay/Weir - cheating or indecisive Weir
    McKay/Weir and McKay/Shep - cheating or indecisive Mckay
    Shep/Weir and McKay/Shep - cheating or indecisive Sheppard
    Or all of them in one big true OT3 bundle!

Hmmm Beckett, McKay and Weir? Poor lil Beckett needs some luvvin!

I also agree about the Teyla, Ford and Shep ship.

Luce x

Quote Originally Posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
    Hans, you WOULD start this thread!

But thanks. It's been needing discussion.

Another OT3 that no one seems to notice is Ford/Teyla/Shep. Shep likes Teyla, we can see that, and she likes him. But, I think Ford and Teyla like each other quite a bit as well.

That and McShWeir are my pet OT3 ships.

Anyone got a supremely weird one? Or at least outside the normal realm of thought?
    Me! Why ever would you suspect it'd be me who'd be the most likely candidate for starting this...hehe

And discussion, yep, needed - I've only accidentally brought it up on 2 threads today at least...

I could see Shep/Ford/Teyla but I'd like Shep/Teyla/Bates too. There's also Shep/Teyla/Sora...

Weirdest...?
    Kolya/Weir/McKay
    McKay/Weir/McKay
    McKay/Weir/Kavanagh...?

What about Sam/Thor/McKay or Sam/Ba'al/Mckay...?
    And lets not forget the possibility of McKay/Weir/Ba'al...

Quote Originally Posted by Gate Trippin'
    I also like Weir/Teyla/McKay or Weir/Teyla/Shep....
    I can Weir/Teyla/Shep would be good, same for the other too. Especially if there was lots of Weir/Teyla - would please Hollyshannensangel no doubt.

How about Kate/Carson/Teyla?
    I think Carson and Kate would be good and I can kind of see Kate/Teyla and Carson/Teyla...

Weirdest...?
    Kolya/Weir/McKay
    McKay/Weir/McKay
    McKay/Weir/Kavanagh...?

What about Sam/Thor/McKay or Sam/Ba'al/Mckay...?
    And lets not forget the possibility of McKay/Weir/Ba'al...
    lol! Yeah, your McKay/Weir/Mckay fic was out there but so original, creative, and...well...FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by lucylou
    Hmmm Beckett, McKay and Weir? Poor lil Beckett needs some luvvin!

I also agree about the Teyla, Ford and Shep ship.

Luce x
    Ooh, I really like the Beckett/Mckay/Weir ship, I think that'd work especially well.

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

McKay/Zelenka/Kavanaugh (or substitute dear Peter) - Scientist ship.

Sheppard/Steve/Bob - they could all have lots of fun in that nice, comfy cell.

Teyla/Chaya/Sora - the "a's" have it.

Sheppard/Mitchell/O'Neill - nothing like 3 hunky men "working" together.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

For anyone interested in writing and getting a request written the OT3 ficathon sign up is here and ends today!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wis...le/450298.html

Captain

The only OT3 that interests me is McKay/Weir/Carter.

Now that has some interesting possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Holmes
    The only OT3 that interests me is McKay/Weir/Carter.

Now that has some interesting possibilities
    Do you mean as a love triangle or an actual OT3?
    Because there's been requests for that OT3 at the ficathon so a good chance that by July 15th (end of the ficathon) they'll be some more fic for it. Long time to wait though...

Captain

Do you mean as a love triangle or an actual OT3?
    Both, actually. I've discovered that when it comes to getting some good McKay/Carter stuff, I'm very flexable with the details. Adding Weir in would just make it fantastic

I can see it being fluff, as the two women discuss Rodney and how he's changed. It could be Fox's next big hit: "Rodney: Then and Now". I could easily see it as being Rodney angst about whom he should pick to lust after. But it could just as easily be the two women pushing and shoving to get into McKay's limelight. Or, or, or- Basically, it's all fair game

The really odd thing is that I really enjoy fics from the woman's perspective, of which there is very few when it comes to Rodney. Go figure.

Both, actually. I've discovered that when it comes to getting some good McKay/Carter stuff, I'm very flexable with the details. Adding Weir in would just make it fantastic

I can see it being fluff, as the two women discuss Rodney and how he's changed. It could be Fox's next big hit: "Rodney: Then and Now". I could easily see it as being Rodney angst about whom he should pick to lust after. But it could just as easily be the two women pushing and shoving to get into McKay's limelight. Or, or, or- Basically, it's all fair game

The really odd thing is that I really enjoy fics from the woman's perspective, of which there is very few when it comes to Rodney. Go figure.
    Well it's possible with OT3 that there might be one from Sam or Elizabeth's perspective, though I think most OT3 fics are either fluffy or smutty, or maybe even both somehow...

But there's potential there and I'd love to read those pairings/OT3 too.

I do too! A lot of people like to get the McKay angst straight from the horse's mouth (not that rodney reminds me of a horse!) but the Elizabeth POV is fascinating to me. Maybe has something to do with the fact that she works so hard to keep this harder, more professional outside shell and it's nice to see it break down a little when we get in her head.

Chief Master Sergeant ohshocking's Avatar

OK, I'm working on a love triangle vid, and I need a scene, but I can't remember if there's actually been one. Thought I'd ask here, to see if anyone could help me out!

Ok, I need a scene where Elizabeth and Rodney are together and John either looks jealous, or looks away... Hmmm, I'm not sure if there is one, I may have to re-think that line... anyone know?
    Uncontrolled Destiny
    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ShepWeir.jpg