Clear All

Cinescape: Star Trek: Enterprise - Final Voyage

From Cinescape:

http://www2.cinescape.com/0/editoria...e&obj_id=48615

Television News
    STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - CAST AND CREW GATHER FOR THE FINAL VOYAGE

Dateline: Sunday, April 24, 2005
    By: SUE SCHNEIDER - Photo Editor

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE the latest chapter in the STAR TREK legacy is about to take its final voyage this May and will be the first time in many years that there will be no STAR TREK airing on television.

Paramount and UPN held the series finale wrap party for the cast and crew at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California recently.

Upstairs in the hotel the entrance was lined with photographers, electronic press and reporters to capture the moment and get the final interviews from the cast and producers about the ending of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE.

Walking into the party were the stars: Scott Bakula (Capt. Jonathan Archer), John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox), Dominic Keating (Lt. Malcolm Reed), Anthony Montgomery (Ensign Travis Mayweather), Linda Park (Ensign Hoshi Sato), along with Executive Producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Along with guest stars Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest), Jeffrey Combs (Shran), Gary Graham (Vulcan Ambassador Soval), Brent Spiner (Dr. Arik Soong), Peter Weller (John Frederick Paxton), Brian Thompson (Admiral Valdore). Also attending the party was Manny Coto (producer), Herman Zimmerman (production designer), Michael and Denise Okuda (wrote the STAR TREK Encyclopedia’s), Garfield and Judith Reeves-Stevens (writers), and LeVar Burton (director).

Other guests included Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, Chelsea Field, and Nzinga Blake. Unfortunately, Conner Trinneer was in Australia at a STAR TREK Convention, and Jolene Blalock was absent from the party.

© 2001-2005 Mania Entertainment LLC

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Sad that the season of their cancellation was the season when the show finally hit its stride.

I suspect that the Trek hiatus is at least in part to wait for Berman's contract as the Trek showrunner in chief to expire in somewhat less than two years. It doesn't take a brilliant analyst to note that the show didn't start improving until Manny Coto took over most duties from Berman (as Berman tried to distance himself from the failure he had wrought). Paramount most certainly sees the same thing, and won't try more Trek so long as Berman can call the shots.

Comment

Also, people such as Scott Bakula himself are saying the many political changes to Paramount as of late have rendered the higher-ups even moreso apathetic toward Star Trek, which is commonly thought of as their feature, their masterpiece, their main franchise.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Heh, notice how Jolene Blalock wasn't at the party.

IIRC, wasn't she quite angry at the way the series was headed last year?
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
          Sad that the season of their cancellation was the season when the show finally hit its stride.

I suspect that the Trek hiatus is at least in part to wait for Berman's contract as the Trek showrunner in chief to expire in somewhat less than two years. It doesn't take a brilliant analyst to note that the show didn't start improving until Manny Coto took over most duties from Berman (as Berman tried to distance himself from the failure he had wrought). Paramount most certainly sees the same thing, and won't try more Trek so long as Berman can call the shots.
          Actually, Manny replaced Braga, not Berman

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
            Heh, notice how Jolene Blalock wasn't at the party.

IIRC, wasn't she quite angry at the way the series was headed last year?
            I don't recall anything along those lines, though that doesn't always mean much. However, I do know with absolute certainty she dislikes the series finale.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

As far as I recall from my last issue of Star Trek Magazine UK...Jolene Blalock was very upset at the way the show ended and called it a farce...It is really sad...I lost interest in Enterprise in season two, but everyone's been talking about how much it had improved and I was looking forward to tuning back in...I feel that the 'killer Bs' (Braga and Berman) destroyed Trek. I know our PTB are far from perfect...but at least they're in touch with their audience and still churn out a brilliant show or two.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
              X