The Gamekeeper (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The episode didn't score any extra points this time around. The idea of it is intriguing but reliving a traumatic experience that you know you can't change no matter how long or how many times you try, isn't my or anyone's idea of a good time. And Jack and Daniel certainly agree.

The Gamekeeper's game is selfish, keeping the residents in stasis and lying to them. He should have known, perhaps a miscalculation and oversight on his part (no matter how many times he would have tried), that SG-1's new software would bring radical ideas to his residents. Everyone knows, you always have to read the terms and conditions/privacy rules before you install new software (and yet we rarely if ever do).

It's definitely not one of my favorites, and if I can skip it, I will.

I think I'm also disappointed they build in the idea that a Jaffa's mind can't be read, nor can Carter's be read because of Jolinar, but I'm sure there would have been a lot more options to play around with had TPTB thrown them in the mix.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Gamekeeper?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Even when I first saw this I questioned that whole Jolinar thing. Teal'c I bought that, but not Carter. Today, I have become tired of the "It doesn't affect our Alien Friend because they have Omni-Immunity to anything and everything". Interestingly enough, it rarely (if ever) happens in reverse. And the time Teal'c got stuck in the simulation doesn't count. He was stuck because of his stubbornness and disturbing lack of faith and not because he was an alien.

I did enjoy fake Hammond though The episode did have enjoyable parts and I didn't really find it boring. But at the same time...it was "meh".

12 Minutes and 45 seconds.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

11 minutes and 6 seconds
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just watched this Friday (3/9), I would rate 'The Gamekeeper' as good; I think it's a great story concept and think Schultz works well in the role as the keeper -I had no trouble separating him from his somewhat annoying ST character. Agree with previous points made that he had no interest in them solving their dilemmas, they were just grist for the mill.

One point I did note was that when I'd seen this previously (this was only the third time I've seen it) is that I initially thought the keeper kept the residents in the scenario out of ego and not wanting to give up his power. I guess I'd forgotten the bit at the end where he says that if he were to let the residents out, they would destroy the world just as his people had done. I liked that.
        "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

14:18 8/15--challenging quiz!

Not a huge fan of this one. I remember really liking it the first time, maybe because I didn't know what was going to happen? Not so much now.

It was interesting seeing the past of Jack and Daniel. I loved the actors cast as Daniel's parent because the truly look like they could be his parents. I felt his pain watching his parents die.

I think it was great that Jack caught on first to still being in "dream" when talking to General Hammond.

Comment

The actor who played Daniel's father, also played Seth.

And one of the previous episodes of Supergirl was filmed at that same botanical garden as the Gamekeeper was. That was like, "Hey, I know that place."

Comment

Vancouver is only so big
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Error

1. When they are running back, the distance of the house is changing at the brick wall. Probably it was shot at the different places.
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x04/02.jpg
                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x04/03.jpg
                My comment : Maybe he re-lived his memories differently.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Another mistake. When the team arrived to the planet, the puddle is shown briefly from behind, but it is not transparent, rather the normal main look of the event horizont.
                    https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...g1_204_028.JPG
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                      I really like this episode, I think it's a good mixture of comedy and drama. Dwight Schultz is great fun (loved him on the A-Team show *nostalgia*) and I think he fits in nicely with the episode.
                      MIND BLOWN! I never recognized him as howling mad Murdock!! But now that I know, of course it's him!

I always really liked this episode, it's silly but enjoyable, especially when Jack calls out fake Hammond lol.
                      sigpic
                      signature art by lunasera

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
                        MIND BLOWN! I never recognized him as howling mad Murdock!! But now that I know, of course it's him!
                        Oh, when those moments happen...

Like when I realized that Reece (girl who builts toy replicators) in season 5 of SG-1 is now playing Joe's girlfriend and mother to his kids in The Flash.

Comment

Oh, when those moments happen...

Like when I realized that Reece (girl who builts toy replicators) in season 5 of SG-1 is now playing Joe's girlfriend and mother to his kids in The Flash.
                          A little off topic, but my last revelation was that Cersei Lannister was in one of the MacGyver movies lol
                          sigpic

Comment

puzzle 10:00 on the dot. Quiz 8/15 - that was pretty hard as I haven't seen the other two episodes recently...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
                              puzzle 10:00 on the dot. Quiz 8/15 - that was pretty hard as I haven't seen the other two episodes recently...
                              But you tried to test yourself, that is brave.

Comment

But you tried to test yourself, that is brave.
                                I'm a sucker for a quiz!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X