No announcement yet.

The Gamekeeper (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode. Would have liked it more if there was less of the Keeper himself, or if he had been toned down a bit, but it was okay.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

It was informative and I liked the episode!

Comment

Very cool episode that gamekeeper guy is weird
        sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

I like how the point of origin symbol on the DHD is the warp screw-like symbol that is on the door and the shape of the cone that transports them to new areas.

Comment

One of those half-silly, half-angsty episodes. I felt so bad for Daniel, seeing his parents die... Poor guy!

Best moments:
            -When Jack looks at 'Hammond's face.
            'Hammond':"What are you looking for?"
            Jack: "For the edges of a mask!"
            -The very end where everyone is happily picking flowers and the gamekeeper goes batty.

Oh yeah, for you Trekkies out there, just one word... Lt. Broccoli. Those in the know will get it.
            "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

not a bad ep, but it irritated me a tiny tiny bit when Daniel's mum was talking to him - she was looking up.. he was supposed to be 6 or something.

But yes, it was an interesting ep with some background and a nice ep about how we can tell reality from fantasy, or not.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode with an intriguing idea as subject. However, I have to admit that reliving a traumatic event is not what I would call entertaining... not in the least.

Poor Daniel... he looks so hurt and you just wanna hug him and make it all better.

Jack does a good number on virtual Hammond.

And Dwight Schultz as the Keeper -- he's just way too hilarious not to love him.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, the Gamekeeper episode.

There's not really much you can say about this one story. I've to admit though that in this particular situation one first has to understand what exactly is going on before making any decisions or sticking to some theory. So suggestions about some sort of time travel were viable... until the first loop of events. That loop occurring over and over again leaves only two options viable - either something is very wrong with your surroundings or you went nuts 146%. No other way here, really.

The episode has a good enough plot, but something in this Keeper character ticks me off. He ruins the whole thing by his approach. Maybe it's just way too hammy. It's funny to watch Hammond run like a school boy though The only two questions that stand unanswered are if they're really out of the virtual world and if the Keeper indeed knew the correct option to win both of Jack's and Daniel's scenarios.

For the first one, we can only guess forever if SG-1 is out of the machines for real or if all the later events are their imagination going wild, with the Keeper just being much more subtle to not slip and reveal himself. We can after all only assume that they're out of the simulation, right? That later episode where they re-use those machines could easily have been their imagination if TPTB imagined that out, yes? However, seeing how the planet's point of origin is incorporated into their society and that every exit portal (I think I'm not the only one to notice several doors with that mark present in the episode) bear the same mark, we can keep our hopes up that they were let out after all.

Concerning the second question, I think the Keeper didn't care in the least about them winning the game. They were just new characters, new NPC's in his super advanced RPG. Their main role was to try as many options as possible for the Residents to watch and get amused however it hurts SG-1 members. He called it fun, but unless you're a Nazi, your enjoyment over watching someone die over and over again, especially your close friends and parents, is extremely unlikely. So I think the authors could have done with a little less repetitions. I'd think that the general viewer would have grasped the idea by the 3rd time already. Anyway, serves him right in the end when his garden he tended to for many many years gets plucked by the happy Residents.

Oh, and in this episode nothing beats the scene of Jack patting Hammond on head or looking behind his ears. This is damn hilarious.

Rating: 5/10.
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Not my ep, sorry, although some interesting information is revealed about the past.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Not my favorite episode. Sort of interesting but somehow annoying too...
                      sigpic

Comment

This episode was on television on the new Comet television station (it's basically science fiction related movies and tv shows) the other night.

I couldn't sleep so I thought I would tune to Stargate SG-1 and here was this episode!

I am not a huge fan of the episode myself because I went through an experience in my own life where I had to re-live some of my worst nightmares over and over again (my dad put me through hell and back! I won't elaborate too much but let's just say this episode hit home for me).

Jack's scenes were sad and Daniel's always make me cry when he cries for the loss of his parents and that they won't listen to him. Poor Teal'c and Sam tried to help but were just as troubled as they were.

The scenes with Hammond were truly priceless and I loved how Jack refuses to accept the alternate reality as the real deal. Janet was beautiful in her role as always and she seemed to do well in her scenes.

I remember well seeing the actor Dwight Schultz as Murdock and Barclay, and now this role. Most of his roles are unlikable guys that I really despise and this episode was no exception!

Not a favorite one but it does show a lot of raw emotions from the team!
                        sigpic
                        Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                        http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

I might have liked this ep more if there was something from the past of all of them.

Comment

The episode didn't score any extra points this time around. The idea of it is intriguing but reliving a traumatic experience that you know you can't change no matter how long or how many times you try, isn't my or anyone's idea of a good time. And Jack and Daniel certainly agree.

The Gamekeeper's game is selfish, keeping the residents in stasis and lying to them. He should have known, perhaps a miscalculation and oversight on his part (no matter how many times he would have tried), that SG-1's new software would bring radical ideas to his residents. Everyone knows, you always have to read the terms and conditions/privacy rules before you install new software (and yet we rarely if ever do).

It's definitely not one of my favorites, and if I can skip it, I will.

I think I'm also disappointed they build in the idea that a Jaffa's mind can't be read, nor can Carter's be read because of Jolinar, but I'm sure there would have been a lot more options to play around with had TPTB thrown them in the mix.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Gamekeeper?"

Excellent
                            Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible

Comment

Jigsaw link!

Quiz link!
                              Containing all three episodes: In The Line Of Duty, Prisoners and The Gamekeeper.
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 December 2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I really dislike this episode. I have never liked it. It's almost like a clip show repeating the same scene over and over again. I just get bored watching Jack getting gunned down and stone blocks falling on Daniel. I don't think their is anything important about this episode except the tiny reference about the impact Jolinar has on Carter. Im calling this a poor

I got 7 minutes and 10 seconds on the puzzle and 12/14 on the quiz. I don't count the shoes question because I found it to be unclear
                                Last edited by jelgate; 19 December 2017, 06:29 AM.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X