This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tollan versus Asgard

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but who was more advanced? Tollan or Asgard?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Well, at present... the Tollan are kind of having a hard time staying alive Not to mention we haven't seen the extent of Asgard tech. I'm going to go with Asgard.
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

the asgard have a bit of a head start you have to admit!
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

Being one of the alliance of 4, and the fact that ***SPOILER - S4/S5***The Tollan are now dead***END SPOILER*** I'd have to go with Asgard

Comment

Definitely Asgard !! For various reasons.Most already mentioned.

More advanced in tech at least. Exactly how many ships of any kind did the Tollan have on Tollana,or at any point since they were introduced in Enigma" ??

I'm guessing None......

Unless the PTB have hidden some to explain away any sudden re-emergence of the Tollans, in future plotlines?
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

small spoiler -->Enough to escape in I'd imagine, but as... forgot his name now - the one who fancied Sam... it'll come back to me soon - anyway, he said as they were trying to leave they were all shot down.

Comment

For what?

Help needed! Nothing onscreen!

Comment

It's in white, Highlight it to read

Comment

Ah! OK! If ya say so KC.

Thanks for typing it out...

Still need help with these white spoiler spaces though,I don't know how to enhance 'em...

Now confused even more. Have deleted the spoiler that suddenly came up!

*wanders off*

Comment

Click to the right of my arrow, hold the mouse down and drag across the pafe, it should appear then

Test here --> If you can read this, well done!

Comment

Cheers,KC!! It works....Hooray!

On Topic: Still vote Asgard,despite the writers being smarter than I recalled about the Tollans.

Comment

Although I think the Asgard will end up the same way as the Tollans as they're completely reliant on their tech, as were the Tollans, which ultimately lead to their downfall.

(glad I could help )

Comment

I don't think the Asgard will end up that way, because although they had previously been somewhat cold and arrogant, they were soon taught the value of lo-fi humility and sarcastic smart-ass remarks by O'Neill and SG-1 So that will benefit their future development. The Tollans (although I haven't seen the episodes in question) seem to come off as bullheaded and myopic. I'd also like to see the advanced Aschen, with their wry faces, get taught a good lesson too
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Me too
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Asgard, without a question.

The tollan have only had a few thousand years since they left Earth.

The asgard have had at least 50,000 years, I'm guessing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X