No announcement yet.

Prisoners (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall the hand device you are referring to but I would like to point out that it was never said whether Shifu even had naquadah (which is needed to operate Goa'uld hand devices etc) in his system, so that alone would not be a reason to presume Linea was harsesis. Also, In the Line of Duty took place prior to Prisoners so Sam would have been able to sense the naquadah in Linea. Even if she hadn't realized yet what that sensation was I think Teal'c would have also noticed it, as Sam can sense his symbiote('s naquadah) too.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Good point about her not having naquada in her blood.

She had some kind of hand device. She did something with it to the big guy that was strangling Daniel. She also used it on Sam and the doctor in the infirmary after Sam showed her how to use the computer.

Comment

Sam said: she got into our system.

What she meant was: I let her into our system

Not a bad ep, I like how we get a little intimation that Jack has prison experience, but I do think that as an anthropologist Daniel should have been a lot more savvy about how prison works. Watching the prisoners whistle when SG1 arrived reminded me of the scenes in Prison Break when the new "fishes" arrive...
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Nope, not one of my favorite episodes. Don't necessarily dislike it, but I don't like it either.

It has some funny lines, and funny moments but overall I'm not a fan of this episode.

However, for research sake... SG-9 is the diplomatic team.

And Bonnie Bartlett will always be Patience from Firefly for me -- "Didn't she shoot you?".
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not a bad ep, but not a great one either. Linea's nasty, though! And that hand device instantly made me think of the Goa'uld...
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe her cold fusion plant made her capable of using the hand device which knocked out the big guy - perhaps the energy could be stored in the device just in case. The stargate stores energy as well. Just a thought.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

It is more a pity they never explained what that device was or how she got it.

Comment

Nope, still not a fan of this episode... Patience (Bonnie Bartlett) or in this case, Linea Destroyer of Worlds, just doesn't do it for me. It's a fairly simple episode premise: do nothing, get thrown in jail anyway, prison shenanigans happen, plan great escape, escape with "nice, old lady", pay the price of trusting folks too soon.

Even Captain Malcolm Reynolds of Serenity knows not to trust old ladies just like that.

How would you rate SG-1's "Prisoners?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

Comment

Jigsaw link!

Quiz link!
                    Containing all three episodes: In The Line Of Duty, Prisoners and The Gamekeeper.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 December 2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Okay we are fighting FH. This is not because you like Soul more than me. We'll save that fight for another day. I actually really like this episode. It think it showed a lot of promise as it shows many flaws with our own justice system. The Taldor are to an extreme to show a point. It so common for people to project their own life onto others when in a similar situation. That is the danger of groupthink. Because SG1 is improsioned for a mistake, they think others are. A mistake that comes to bite them because of Linea. I could go on but as you see I love the sociological implications of this episode. I give it a good.

Also using the word sociological made me think of Nola
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Ah, she would have loved it...

Remember the good times! They were plenty!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Okay we are fighting FH. This is not because you like Soul more than me. We'll save that fight for another day. I actually really like this episode. It think it showed a lot of promise as it shows many flaws with our own justice system. The Taldor are to an extreme to show a point. It so common for people to project their own life onto others when in a similar situation. That is the danger of groupthink. Because SG1 is improsioned for a mistake, they think others are. A mistake that comes to bite them because of Linea. I could go on but as you see I love the sociological implications of this episode. I give it a good.

I never actually gave any of that any thought to be honest. It just read like an age old sci fi "locked up and need to escape" story. Also, this is yet another advanced civilization we will never hear from again. I wonder if they just locked up the priors?

And then you'd say "Law of Supply and Demand"

11 Minutes and 41 Seconds.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

6 minutes and 42 seconds

Comment

This one drives me crazy. Daniel called it-- The other prisoners were afraid of Linea. Also, that they gave her access to a computer and explained how to use it. Ugh! No common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                                This one drives me crazy. Daniel called it-- The other prisoners were afraid of Linea. Also, that they gave her access to a computer and explained how to use it. Ugh! No common sense!
                                Not one of their finer moments I agree 11:12
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X