This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview With Carmen Argenziano

THREADS OF DISCUSSION - An Exclusive Interview with Carmen Argenziano By Marla R. Reed

Carmen talks about working on Stargate;SG-1, working with Amanda Tapping and who is the right man for Jacob's daughter

http://www.scifigate.net/threadsofdiscussion.php
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Thankyou for the link to this interview, i've always loved the acting between Carmen and Amanda as it really felt like i was watching father and daughter on screen.
    SPOILERS FOR THREADS
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    The moment that Sam found out her Dad was dieing and when he passed away was heartbreaking to watch and i know i will miss him greatly
    ......TARA......

Comment

Glad to see Carmen likes Sam/Daniel, too.

It's the ship that makes the most sense to me:

1) They're both phd scientists
      2) They both really dig their scientific specialities
      3) They're both workaholics, spending hours in their respective labs (which we know on set is really the same lab!!)
      4) They work well together solving problems
      5) They respect each other's expertise
      6) They know how to have fun together (Cold Lazarus, Space Race, Sacrifices)
      7) Oops, I'm going way off topic, guess I'll bring this elsewhere. . . .

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
        Glad to see Carmen likes Sam/Daniel, too.

It's the ship that makes the most sense to me:

1) They're both phd scientists
        2) They both really dig their scientific specialities
        3) They're both workaholics, spending hours in their respective labs (which we know on set is really the same lab!!)
        4) They work well together solving problems
        5) They respect each other's expertise
        6) They know how to have fun together (Cold Lazarus, Space Race, Sacrifices)
        7) Oops, I'm going way off topic, guess I'll bring this elsewhere. . . .

hrh
        Yeah, and his analysis of why Jacob wouldn't be a fan of the whole Jack/Sam thing was right on the money. I mean, I'm a shipper, but all those fics where Jacob either doesn't mind or is actively conniving to get them together? Get real!
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Thank you for the linke GateAngel! It's great to hear from Carmen.
          Spoiler:
          I really hope that they do decide to bring back Carmen in some way this season. I'm starting to think that I should just not get invested in any interesting characters that they bring on that show in a recurring status as they show a dismaying inclination to kill them off.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Thanks so much for the link GateAngel. That was a really interesting interview with Carmen. I have been watching him for many years now and it was great to find out a little bit more about him.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing, GateAngel. This was a sweet and interesting interview.

I have my doubts that they'll bring back Jacob - but they damn well should! Killing him off was a huge mistake imo. Oh well - something to hope for.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                THREADS OF DISCUSSION - An Exclusive Interview with Carmen Argenziano By Marla R. Reed

Carmen talks about working on Stargate;SG-1, working with Amanda Tapping and who is the right man for Jacob's daughter

http://www.scifigate.net/threadsofdiscussion.php
                Well just like clockwork, my anonyomus and cowardly 'red dotter' gave me a 'bad rep' dot for posting a link to an article I have written.

Sheesh you'd think someone would have better, less petty things to do with their time than this kind of cowardly attack against someone writing news items and articles for other fans to read and learn more about the actors and production people on the show we all are here to support and enjoy.

To the cowardly 'red dotter' all I can say is "I've got news for you honey, giving red dots on a forum isn't going to change a darn thing, isn't going to hurt me one bit or take away my success and what I have accomplished for myself. "

Marla
                Last edited by GateAngel; 22 April 2005, 03:12 PM.
                ______

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Thank you for the linke GateAngel! It's great to hear from Carmen.
                  Spoiler:
                  I really hope that they do decide to bring back Carmen in some way this season. I'm starting to think that I should just not get invested in any interesting characters that they bring on that show in a recurring status as they show a dismaying inclination to kill them off.
                  You're welcome It was really interesting interviewing Carmen and getting his perspective on the character. I can tell you he really enjoyed working with Amanda Tapping and does have a genuine 'fatherly' feeling towards her as well as a deep professional respect for her as a fellow actor.

I know what you mean about recurring status characters and getting attached to them. Everytime I see Major-now Colonel Pierce, I hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed that he makes it through the episode LOL!

Marla
                  ______

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    Thanks for sharing, GateAngel. This was a sweet and interesting interview.

I have my doubts that they'll bring back Jacob - but they damn well should! Killing him off was a huge mistake imo. Oh well - something to hope for.

Albion
                    And I'll be hoping right along with you..darn it I like 'Dad'.

Marla
                    ______

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                      Thanks so much for the link GateAngel. That was a really interesting interview with Carmen. I have been watching him for many years now and it was great to find out a little bit more about him.
                      I can tell you he is very dedicated to his work. For every question I asked him, Carmen took time to give it thought and to show a depth of understanding not only of the characters he played, but of the affection and interest the fans have for those characters. He respects not only his fellow actors and his characters, but the fans/viewers who support him in those roles as well. He is very interesting to talk to.

Marla
                      ______

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                        You're welcome It was really interesting interviewing Carmen and getting his perspective on the character. I can tell you he really enjoyed working with Amanda Tapping and does have a genuine 'fatherly' feeling towards her as well as a deep professional respect for her as a fellow actor.

I know what you mean about recurring status characters and getting attached to them. Everytime I see Major-now Colonel Pierce, I hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed that he makes it through the episode LOL!

Marla

Thanks so much for this wonderful interview! I really enjoyed reading about the mutual respect between CA and AT, and some of CA's views of playing Jacob/Selmac. Thanks!

Comment

From the "interview":

**Those of us who have liked the character of Jacob Carter since he was first introduced to us in "Tok'ra 1 & 2" are going to love seeing him too.**

Jacob Carter was introduced in the episode "Secrets."

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I especially enjoyed reading about how Carmen made Jacob, Jacob-with-Selmak, and Jacob-as-Selmak each a different character. Good stuff.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                              From the "interview":

**Those of us who have liked the character of Jacob Carter since he was first introduced to us in "Tok'ra 1 & 2" are going to love seeing him too.**

Jacob Carter was introduced in the episode "Secrets."

Morjana
                              Thanks Morjana I'll fix that right away.

Marla
                              ______

Comment

Working...
                              X