No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, McKay gets whumped a lot, but the writers don't really deal with that well. I think if I had to choose one thing I would like to see on Atlantis in Season 2, it would be more continuity and character development from episode to episode.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Hey Porthos, whats On July 15th?

McKay's always so funny when he gets hurt ... "take your time - Man down" - classic!
      Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

McKay Whumping?!?! . . . I'm not sure I approve of this . . .
        efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
          Hey Porthos, whats On July 15th?
          :rubs hands together in anticipation: That would be the US/SciFi channel season premiers of SG-1, SGA, and BSG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
            Awww...how could you be afraid of this face.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...images/pug.jpg

Thats my dog he wouldn't hurt a fly. But off topic...
            aaagh!!! dog!! *runs*

I think the emotional whumping in Hot Zone had some great protential with McKay finally leading a team of his own but one by one they are being killed. Great potential but ofcourse TPTB glossed over it like they seem to do a lot.
            I loved him in Hot Zone, especially since he finally got to say whats he's been wanting to.

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainE420
              Whats wrong with it? We're all McKay lovers here! (Atleast we'd all better be!)

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainE420
                What!!?? Mckay is great when whumped, his recoveries are awesome, like "take your time! Man down!" Hehe! Just adoridable!!!

Comment

Good heavens, I just spotted this thread. And you say there was already a thread for Sheppard? You people are nuts.

That being said, here's some caps for you, from Suspicion. Only because there can never be too many of Rodney, in as many threads as possible.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                    Which episode is this pic from? I thought I could identify almost any McKay pic but... I'm not so familiar with Underground...Maybe???
                    This is from Home when
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney crawls under the Control Room console to remove the DHD crystal. Right before Sheppard tells him how many years it would take to rescue him if he broke it. I loved the little unfocused look Sheppard had when he was calculated the time.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath Of Odin
                      I love in "SUSPICION" how he gets whumped by that wraith stunner, wakes up and he cant talk, the look on his face is priceless and he even has that little bit of drool on him for effect just awesome
                      Oh, all right! (sigh)

My kind of guy:

Comment

Ya just wanna give the poor incapacitated guy a hug, don'tcha!

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                          The girly scream was so funny.
                          From The Siege, part 1. Sorry it's so dark but they just cap that way.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                            There was also another scene in I forget which episode where they were in the puddljumper and it jolted and McKay fell over and that just randomly cracked me up too.
                            How can you think that's funny? Rodney thought he was going to die!

His fall is way too fast, here's the best I could do.

And this is how Rodney looked after he got up from his fall. Good thing he didn't hit his head. "I thought for sure we were dead. Didn't you think we were dead?"

My kind of guy:

Comment

I think the emotional whumping in Hot Zone had some great protential.
                              Spoiler:
                              McKay finally gets to lead a team of his own for the first time but they start getting killed one by one. How would that make you feel knowing you are responsible for your people but there is nothing you can do fast enough to save them?
                              David does desperate, sad and afraid really well. One of my favorite moments of Season 1.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Thanks for all the awesome caps, watcher! I'll be back with more green jello later!

Comment

Working...
                                X