No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to this thread, I now know what whumping is and I find it quite interesting.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Are you referring to a doctor or a military person?

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
        Because everyone enjoys seeing their favorite character get hurt, either physically or emotionally, and then comforted by the other characters. At least McKay and Sheppard fans get this kind of enjoyment.

For some of us, it may not be worth tuning in the show any more because there is nothing for us to look forward to--our favorite characters don't get any of the major scenes; IF they get hurt, they don't get any comfort, and they're constantly overshadowed by McKay and Sheppard.

But for all you McKay fans, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a spectacular season with tons of McKay-whumping followed by lots of sweet comforting!
        I figure with Beckett getting to be regular cast there may be some carson whumping in store for you. Maybe we can even have some dual Mckay/Beckett whumping in the same epp! Wouldn't that be heaven!
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

The girly scream was so funny. There was also another scene in I forget which episode where they were in the puddljumper and it jolted and McKay fell over and that just randomly cracked me up too. I love McKay whumpng, especially emotional whumping. Davids so good at all the angsty, hurt, puppydog eye expressions. He really tugs at your heartstrings. Awww. Roll on season 2 whumpage!

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
            The girly scream was so funny. There was also another scene in I forget which episode where they were in the puddljumper and it jolted and McKay fell over and that just randomly cracked me up too. I love McKay whumpng, especially emotional whumping. Davids so good at all the angsty, hurt, puppydog eye expressions. He really tugs at your heartstrings. Awww. Roll on season 2 whumpage!
            Luce x
            This isn't really spoilers but
            Spoiler:
            on the podcast martin gero talks about how DH wasn't supposed to scream in The Siege part 1 when he fell in the spacesuit. It was some 40 ft he fell and it just came out....100% cracked me up. LOVE DH!!!
            Is that what you were thinking of too?
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

I posted this in the Shep Whumping too but I just found this and couldn't stop laughing. It's here: http://www.atlantismedia.2freegigs.com/musicvids.html Song: Tubthumping and it's about all the Atlantis people (mostly Sheppard and McKay) and all the hits and falls they take.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

lol!! Thanks for the link aabuttons! that was hilarious!

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  lol!! Thanks for the link aabuttons! that was hilarious!

Sure thing. I aim to please!

Comment

It' a shame McKay whumping isn't too popular here. I've seen alot of whumpers around on yahoogroups, this one is great for whumpy stories, rarely any don't whump McKay!
                    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SGAHC/

I admit I mainly just like the angst that comes from whumping characters but it's also nice to see someone as snarky and selfprotective as McKay be vulnerable - IMO it can only add to his character to see it all. I particularly loved The Storm/Eye
                    Spoiler:
                    and the torture at the hands of the Genii;
                    was a little sad they never dealt with any repurcussions of that. Same with Hotzone, Defiant One and a multitude of other bits scattered through out season one. We often see the physical whumping but rarely do we see the emotional consequences dealt with on show. I guess that's what fic is for... still I'm hopnig we get something more in Season 2.

Comment

I've removed the Cat picture for the person who seemed to misunderstood why it was there in the first place.
                      If anyone else has a problem with any of my posts just red rep me and I'll kindly remove it (and no, dont bother asking me politely on a post or pm-ing me because obviously I'm not going to bother reading it or take any notice of it)

And also I'd like to say thanks to the person for red repping me, I'm glad you did! I know realise that this forum is only for serious discussion and not fun! I thank you!

(I apologise to the people this doesnt apply to, but something just had to be said! And a pm just didnt feel like enough!)
                      Last edited by iLemon; 15 May 2005, 12:11 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        I've removed the Cat picture for the person who seemed to misunderstood why it was there in the first place.
                        If anyone else has a problem with any of my posts just red rep me and I'll kindly remove it (and no, dont bother asking me politely on a post or pm-ing me because obviously I'm not going to bother reading it or take any notice of it)

And also I'd like to say thanks to the person for red repping me, I'm glad you did! I know realise that this forum is only for serious discussion and not fun! I thank you!

(I apologise to the people this doesnt apply to, but something just had to be said! And a pm just didnt feel like enough!)

I liked your picture! If I give you green rep will you put it back?

*sarcasm at it's finest* Who in their right mind would think that a thread with the word "Whumping" in the title would be anything BUT serious???

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                          I liked your picture! If I give you green rep will you put it back?

*sarcasm at it's finest* Who in their right mind would think that a thread with the word "Whumping" in the title would be anything BUT serious???
                          I'll put up a link to it, I dont want to insult anyone else

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...is05/rmcat.jpg

sigpic

Comment

I love cats too! Waaay better than dogs whom I'm mortally afraid of

sigpic

Comment

Awww...how could you be afraid of this face.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...images/pug.jpg

Thats my dog he wouldn't hurt a fly. But off topic...

I think the emotional whumping in Hot Zone had some great protential.
                              Spoiler:
                              McKay finally gets to lead a team of his own for the first time but they start getting killed one by one. How would that make you feel knowing you are responsible for your peoplebut there is nothing you caan do fast enough to save them?
                              Great potential, but of course TPTB glossed over it like they seem to do a lot.
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 17 May 2005, 06:28 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Yay to Mckay Whumping!!! Beating the poor man into cute submission. I love the scene in Letters from Pegasus where
                                Spoiler:
                                Mckay gets a cramp in his leg!
                                Oh! It's just the darn cutest whumpage I ever did see!

Huzzuh for whumping!

-Ashta

Comment

Working...
                                X