Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240
Results 4,781 to 4,795 of 4795
    Second Lieutenant wheresmyfroggy's Avatar

Default Re: Rodney McKay Whumping!

I was thinking about this last night, and I thought I'd pose it as a discussion question if anyone feels like participating:

What are your top 3 favorite Rodney whump episodes?

When it popped into my head last night I didn't have the time to sit and properly ponder the question, so I can't answer right now. I think definitely Lost Boys/The Hive (I'm counting 2-parters as one) would be on my list. Because he gets kidnapped, drugged, used against the team, OD's himself to save the team, passes out, and then we actually SEE the comfort side of it too.

It was Arrested Development

Chief Master Sergeant sklerka25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
    Mhm... good question. Let me think... my favorite Rodney whump episodes....

Of course (like you) "Lost Boys/The Hive" - I love the moment when the hive ships exploded and Rodney realizes that Sheppard and the rest probably died. Have you noticed that his chin trembled slightly? You can see these emotions, which guided him at that time. This is called real acting. And of course I love the moment when Rodney is in agony and Carson so carefully takes care of him. A scene in which he talks with Elizabeth at the sleeping Rodney is sweet.

Definitely "Tao of Rodney" - my favorite scene is in the end when Rodney lie on the bed, so weak, and friends stand around him and tell that they love him. And when Rodney say: "Oh, God. I can't believe I'm gonna die" I always crying. In this episode, we see different Rodney. We see that he can admit his mistake, he can apologize, and that friends really care about him. Because we can't see it very often. Here Rodney suffers seriously. Nobody laughs at this.

And I think "Duet" - yeah maybe this is funny episode but Rodney to land up in infirmary three times and that counts. And he looks so cute when he was lyind there.

These are my favorite whump episodes and in general my favorite episodes. Coincidence? I don't think so

Second Lieutenant wheresmyfroggy's Avatar

Most recent tweet from David:

"Catching up on Stargate Universe. Destiny, not a happy place...with each episode I'm more convinced they'll just beat the crap out of McKay!"

Yes please! I don't watch SGU, but if there is Mckay whump in this episode, then I guess I'll just HAVE to watch it!

It was Arrested Development

You call it Oblivion, I call it Home (England)

Most recent tweet from David:

"Catching up on Stargate Universe. Destiny, not a happy place...with each episode I'm more convinced they'll just beat the crap out of McKay!"

Yes please! I don't watch SGU, but if there is Mckay whump in this episode, then I guess I'll just HAVE to watch it!
    That was my reaction too. Here's hoping
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Lieutenant Colonel Sapphire_Jade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x Varda x View Post
    That was my reaction too. Here's hoping
    I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny does kick McKay's butt! Because well let's face it compared to what the SGU crew is going through McKay had it easy on Atlantis! But it will make for entertaining TV I love it when McKay gets whumped! (a physical whump that is emotional not so much.)

I was thinking about this last night, and I thought I'd pose it as a discussion question if anyone feels like participating:

When it popped into my head last night I didn't have the time to sit and properly ponder the question, so I can't answer right now. I think definitely Lost Boys/The Hive (I'm counting 2-parters as one) would be on my list. Because he gets kidnapped, drugged, used against the team, OD's himself to save the team, passes out, and then we actually SEE the comfort side of it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sklerka25 View Post
    Mhm... good question. Let me think... my favorite Rodney whump episodes....

Of course (like you) "Lost Boys/The Hive" - I love the moment when the hive ships exploded and Rodney realizes that Sheppard and the rest probably died. Have you noticed that his chin trembled slightly? You can see these emotions, which guided him at that time. This is called real acting. And of course I love the moment when Rodney is in agony and Carson so carefully takes care of him. A scene in which he talks with Elizabeth at the sleeping Rodney is sweet.

Definitely "Tao of Rodney" - my favorite scene is in the end when Rodney lie on the bed, so weak, and friends stand around him and tell that they love him. And when Rodney say: "Oh, God. I can't believe I'm gonna die" I always crying. In this episode, we see different Rodney. We see that he can admit his mistake, he can apologize, and that friends really care about him. Because we can't see it very often. Here Rodney suffers seriously. Nobody laughs at this.

And I think "Duet" - yeah maybe this is funny episode but Rodney to land up in infirmary three times and that counts. And he looks so cute when he was lyind there.

These are my favorite whump episodes and in general my favorite episodes. Coincidence? I don't think so
    Those are my fav eps too!
    Lost Boys/The Hive - I love drugged up kickass Rodney! So awesome! And then to have my favorite doctor care for him... awe, I just, I - guh I love that ep!

Tao Of Rodney - yes I love how he goes around making right with everyone, then apologizes & compliments Radek. And him freaking out that he is going to die *hugs Rodney tight* aaawww! Also he very near ascended!

Duet - is my all time favorite just coz its so funny! The comedy makes up for his time in the infirmary

And also The Shrine - (was my very first stargate ep I ever watched of all the franchise) David is so talented, his acting there got me hooked onto his character & therefore the series it self from the very first sighting

Last edited by McBecklover; March 17th, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

McBeck's Sig

traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

McBeck's Sig

McBeck's Sig

McBeck's Sig

McBeck's Sig

This ep was just funny too! What is the title?

McBeck's Sig

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McBecklover View Post
    This ep was just funny too! What is the title?
    I believe it's Sateda!

And these gifs are awesome!

My favorite Rodney Whump episode is the Shrine, no question.

I love the whumpage in Sateda!
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

OMG this thread hasn't been active since 2013! *in lemongrab voice* UNACCEPTABLEEEEE (I don't even watch adventure time lol) But i wanted to pop on here because i've just recently gotten back into stargate after being away for FAR too long (eh *shudders* nicklebackPTSD sorry) I watched the show for YEARS and in Atlantis McKay is my FAV character!!! (John being a close second) and i love to beat the crap outta him lmao. For a while i thought 'wow i'm sick' but then i found this and was like 'MY PEOPLE!"

Since coming home i journeyed onto my old fanfic page and one of my ancient fics caught my eye. It was one of my more particularly dark ones. So knowing my writing skills now (well...um i'm alright i guess. I know i'll need a beta eventually) i'm rewriting it! And i was so damn excited i didn't know where to share it and i had a hard time finding this thread so yay!

I'M BACK! If i ever get around to posting it (or if someone wants to beta it) i'll post a link here. Though i have to warn you, it's pretty dark....and it's going to be a pre-slash to slash for Mcshep..(Maybe, i love mcshep but i haven't decided if i want this fic to be one yet)

So sorry for the long post but i just wanted to say, it's good to be back. <3
    http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/l...titled-1-2.jpg
    Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
    Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3

Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240