Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Martin Gero" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Martin Gero" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

This is for folks to discuss Martin's answers and/or the various questions posed by other people- particularly those who know the answers to the Q's but also know better than to muddle Martin's thread with those answers.

As with the Ask Joe thread, it's best to keep the "Ask Martin" thread strictly for our questions and his answers- everything else can go here.

I'll think up more intelligent stuff to add when I'm actually awake...

My mind is running a bit on the shallow side, all I'm thinking about is whether or not the Asgard that's hinted to be on the Daedalus gets to wear a little blue jumpsuit.

And no Bates for Season 2. Kinda disappointed in that. *Sigh*

Comment

who's Bates? who is gone from season 2 on SGA?...thanx

I only got into SGA towards the end of the season and am not familar with any of the regular characters yet. Sry if its a stupid question
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Bates is the Head of Security, aka not Sheppard's or Teyla's biggest fan. He's the guy that got Teyla riled up and the one that got put into a coma in Seige I.

Comment

Thanx Blue!...That guy bugged me big time!...his machismo and his kinda arrogant, supremist attitude pee'd me off!...So he's histroy from the show?
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            who's Bates? who is gone from season 2 on SGA?...thanx

I only got into SGA towards the end of the season and am not familar with any of the regular characters yet. Sry if its a stupid question
            From Suspicion
            "Sergeant Bates, once Colonel Sumner's right-hand man who has now been placed in charge of base security, joins the team in discussing the situation."

He was recurring character
            Spoiler:
            who was wounded towards the end of season 1.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

SGA/SG-1 Crossover planned for S2! And apparently Carter fans will enjoy it - even better!

Comment

Bates is the semi-antagonistic head of Security who is always butting heads with Shep over Teyla (whom he considers a security risk- especially at the end of S1). Personally, he's one of my more favorite characters and I'm massively disappointed that we won't be seeing more of him in season 2. Sure, some of the writers did a bad job of portraying him and made him a little TOO overboard, but I really liked the character and tended to agree with a lot of what he had to say. If not always the way he said it.

re: Sheppard- I know we'll be getting some more background on his character this season, but I'll let Martin decide how much to spill about that.

re: Aussies/NZ'ers in Atlantis- If I remember correctly, there are a few around, we just haven't seen them. Yet.

re: Sora- There was a bit snipped out of Siege that explained what happened to her. Again, I'll let Martin fill in the details.

re: people visiting the forum- I can say with dismaying authority that people DO visit the forum- a couple of the actors recognized ME! And TPTB most certainly lurk about, that has already been established a few times. Giving out screen names wouldn't be very fair, though, would it? If they want to announce themselves, they will, otherwise let them maintain their anonymity. The last thing they need is to be deluged with thousands of questions when all they want to do is skim through and keep tabs on what the fans are saying.

re: flags- This has been answered (more than) a few times, too- they're allowed to choose what flag they want to wear, thus, Carson wears a Scottish flag but Grodin wears UK.

re: coin flipping- I thought it was pretty obvious, but maybe maybe it's just 'cause I'm American or something. Coin-flipping is a traditional American way of making a decision: heads, he goes to Atlantis; tails, he stays home. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  SGA/SG-1 Crossover planned for S2! And apparently Carter fans will enjoy it - even better!
                  I just hope Daniel goes to Atlantis as well it would fitting for the character after all it was him who worked out where Atlantis was.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    I just hope Daniel goes to Atlantis as well it would fitting for the character after all it was him who worked out where Atlantis was.
                    It's funny you should mention that... or does that get discussed in the spoilers for the S9 premiere? It must. Not reading the spoilers for that show, I'm a little more vague on what's known.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                      I'd be pretty sure that they all (SG-1) would go. Prometheus Unbound was meant to be Daniel's chance to go anyway, so I'd say its safe to think that he wouldn't be turning down 2nd chance to go

Comment

First Groden. . now no Bates. . that's a bummer. I was really liking the guy by the end of the season.

Thanks for the info Shadow!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          I'd be pretty sure that they all (SG-1) would go. Prometheus Unbound was meant to be Daniel's chance to go anyway, so I'd say its safe to think that he wouldn't be turning down 2nd chance to go
                          Is Daniel on the Daedius?....they were very vague on whom is or is not (did'nt even discuss that all I think?) on the incoming rescue ship for Atlantis....
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                            Is Daniel on the Daedius?....they were very vague on whom is or is not (did'nt even discuss that all I think?) on the incoming rescue ship for Atlantis....
                            It’s highly unlikely that Daniel is on Deadalus because he will appear in season 9 premier so he can’t be at two places at once.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              It's funny you should mention that... or does that get discussed in the spoilers for the S9 premiere? It must. Not reading the spoilers for that show, I'm a little more vague on what's known.
                              Well so far no spoilers on gateworld or any other site I have read mentioned anything about who will appear in the cross over.

Comment

Working...
                              X