Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Martin Gero - Spoilers for SGA (S1, S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    Q: What's the name of Rodney's cat?

Is the cat's name a secret, or is the cat's name actually "Top Secret"? Just trying to get some clarification.

And also...Is McKay really a hypoglycemic or is it just him exaggerating his need for food?
    Okay...David would like this to be clear...the name of the cat is "Jane" after David's real life girlfriend named, you guessed it: Jane.

McKay thinks he’s really hypoglycemic, but he’s a bit of a hypochondriac, so who knows.

Comment

Hi Martin!!!

Are the Pegasus Galaxy Stargates made of Naquadah? I ask because of their unique design. Also, will we be seeing any ships with Stargates on them besides Atlantis? I am curious how the Ancients places Stargates all over the galaxy... Do they have a ship that makes them? Does the ship also mine for Naquadah or any similar mineral? We've never come across an Ancient dry Naquadah mine.... Thanks Martin, I can't begin to explain how much I enjoy this. You my boy now. Peace man.
      Last edited by AncientOne; 31 May 2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hey Martin! Earlier you stated the Prometheus wasn't capable of intergalactic travel. So then why were they taking it to Atlantis in "Prometheus Unbound"?

Comment

I don't if this has been asked before or not, if it has forgive me for asking.

Will we see Sheppard in his Air Force blues, this season?

Thanks for your time, greytop.

Comment

Any episode splanned to have Teyla's Wraith sensing abilities in (names spoilers.....?) or is htere a plan ot introduce a new Wraith DNA Human Hybrid or W.H.H as i'm calling them since i dunno what they are actually called such as teyla? (Names Spoilers..................................?)

Comment

Hi again Martin,
              How advanced are the Wraith in comparison to other star gate races? Or are they like the Goa'uld advanced in some areas and not in others?
              Last edited by Col. Newman; 03 June 2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I was watching "The Defiant One" and Rodney said that he believed that the Wraith are the reason some of the Ancient technology is depends on the ATA gene to work. Which brings me to my question.

Was the chair at the Antartic Outpost built before or after the Ancients went to Pegasus? Because it was my impression that the Outpost itself was built before they left.

Comment

Hi Martin

I have noticed on the listings for the last Atlantis UK release that there is something called "Martin Gero: Behind The Scenes". I just wanted to know is this information correct and you have created something for the UK DVD release of the last Season 1 DVD.

Also if you have any idea of what we can expect from the Special Feature - I am hoping a chance to see some sneak peak of Season 2 but was just wondering.

Many Thanks in Advance

Mike

Comment

I've noticed there seems to be some different views among the fans on Weir's relationship to Simon, so I was wondering if you could clear things up. Is Elizabeth married to Simon? Thanks for the clarification!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Sup Martin! i've been thinking...

can the wraiths ancend to the higher plane?

Comment

Dear Martin,

First off, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It appears to really mean a lot to everyone around here.

Second, my question: I understand that the writing of episodes can be quite collaborative with one person doing the actual writing, but with everyone else throwing around ideas in the formative stages and perhaps even a final uncredited edit being performed by someone, most likely BW or RCC. Not to take anything away from the "credited writer" of an ep, but anyone who's been in a writing workshop knows that sometimes those "uncredited suggestions" can take a story in new and unanticipated directions. That said, what storyline and/or character do you think you've been allowed to have the biggest impact upon, not just in terms of actual writing, but in terms of suggestions/input/feedback, etc?

Also, what people do you think have given you yourself suggestions that took something you were working on in a much better direction? (I'm not just talking writers, but also directors/other creative staff. Having heard the commentary on the "Rising" DVD, I now realize how much impact a director can have on a script, so I want to make sure I'm not leaving any of them out.)

Again, thank you for your time,

PsychoPenguin
                        "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

An open letter to the members of this Forum:

While I’ve had a blast corresponding with you directly on an ongoing basis, I’m reluctantly going to stop answering questions.

Work (and life) have gotten kinda busy and I perpetually feel guilty that I’ve been unable to answer your questions with any sort of regularity…it’s just not fair to you guys.

So I’m going to close down this thread and just post messages from time to time, giving you the spoilers and updates I know you want.

Thank you for all your kind words and questions, and a sincere apology to those of you who have questions I never got to.

See you around the boards…

Martin Gero

Comment

Working...
                          X