Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Martin Gero - Spoilers for SGA (S1, S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Martin Gero - Spoilers for SGA (S1, S2)

While Joe Mallozzi tackles SG-1, Stargate writer Martin Gero has joined us in GateWorld Forum to take on fan questions regarding Atlantis!!

Martin has written such episodes as The Storm, The Eye, The Brotherhood, Childhood's End, and The Siege Parts 1 and 3.

Many fans recently met him at the Creation Convention GateWorld Get-Together in Vancouver, BC this past weekend bringing a boxload of Atlantis T-shirts and hats to partygoers!

As with Joe, please be curteous when you ask Martin questions. He is kindly giving up some of his free time to answer you.

Hello Martin. As most of us already know, there is a possibility for an Asgard on the show, possibly a team of them. Now what I am asking is, is this Asgard going to go on missions, or be strictly Atlantis bound?

Comment

Thanks to Martin for joining us at GateWorld for a little Q&A fun! Martin has expressed interest in fielding Atlantis-specific questions, but he's also crossing over to write some SG-1 this season.

Please keep in mind the same guidelines we've put in place for Joe's Q&A thread -- namely, keep yourself limited to posting questions for our special guest. Discussion of Martin's answers belong in another thread; don't post rants instead of questions (or alongside them, please); and don't worry about answering another user's question on Martin's behalf.

Thanks!
      Darren

Comment

Hi Martin!

I already posted these questions for Joe, but since it seems like you're taking over the Atlantis questions I thought I might as well repost them here.

1) There were several times during the first season where we saw a conflict in leadership between Sheppard and Weir, most obviously in "Hot Zone". Is this conflict going to be explored more and/or resolved next season or are we to assume that their problems were resolved before or during "Siege pt. 2"?

2) Are we going to see Alina and/or the Brotherhood next season?

Thank you thank you thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these fan questions!

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
          Hello Martin. As most of us already know, there is a possibility for an Asgard on the show, possibly a team of them. Now what I am asking is, is this Asgard going to go on missions, or be strictly Atlantis bound?
          Hello and welcome to the thread:

I’m gonna do my best here to answer your questions without getting fired for giving away our deepest, darkest secrets.

So, first question RE: the Asgard and Atlantis. Don’t want to give too much away, but let me say this…the Daedalus is perhaps the most advanced vessel the Air Force has ever built. We sure could use, say: a full time crew member who would ensure we’re using it to its maximum potential…if you get what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Hi Martin!

I already posted these questions for Joe, but since it seems like you're taking over the Atlantis questions I thought I might as well repost them here.

1) There were several times during the first season where we saw a conflict in leadership between Sheppard and Weir, most obviously in "Hot Zone". Is this conflict going to be explored more and/or resolved next season or are we to assume that their problems were resolved before or during "Siege pt. 2"?

2) Are we going to see Alina and/or the Brotherhood next season?

Thank you thank you thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these fan questions!
            1. Although they have a lot of trust and respect for each other, the burden of leadership has and will continue to cause occasional strife between Sheppard and Weir.

2. "The Brotherhood" is one of my favourite episodes from Season One, however, as of yet, there are no plans to revisit Alina or “The Quindosim”. But who knows, we’re only about half way through writing the second season…

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
              Hello and welcome to the thread:

I’m gonna do my best here to answer your questions without getting fired for giving away our deepest, darkest secrets.
              Hmmm, I suppose that would be kinda bad for us...

I've heard works of a crossever between SGA and SG1. Any idea of what/when/if to expect?

Atlantis rocks!

Comment

Hello, thanks for doing this.

In the Seige Podcast, you mentioned there was a supposed funny line that was cut out, but said it over the ad break. What was it again?

And do you plan to do any DVD commentaries for any of the season 1 episodes?

Comment

Hey Martin i hope you don't mind but i have alot of questions about both SG-1 and Atlantis that i asked Joe but since he's busy im gonna send it toy ou hope you don't mind though lol its 17 different questions

If i read correctly you wrote the scripts for The Storm, The Eye, The Brotherhood, Childhood's End, and The Siege Parts 1. Those Where all my personally top rated eps

Nine SG-1 questions

1) It says on the Gateworld spoiler stuff under SG-1 that SG-1 will be using more of the deadelus classed ships to explore the galaxy instead of using the Stargate.... now are we going to be seeing less of the Stargate or is this something happening in the background?

2) Will we be reinvestigating the aliens from Grace?

3) There was an episode back in Season two i don't remember the name but it was when Jacob Carter was first introduced, we found out that he had cancer, there was a guy that knew about the Stargate Program did we ever find out who killed him or did i miss somnething. If you never went threw that is there any chance of something being explained by you or in an episode that would have Oniel geust starred????

4) Tollan. If the first question i asked is about Deadelus being used more is there any chance of traveling to the tollan people of tollanna to find out th edamage done.

5) Nox... Any chance we will be traveling to the nox world

6) Will we be seeing the furlings in season 9? (obviously this has been asked but i felt the need to ask it again)

7) In the spoilers it says that an episode originally planned for Season Seven called judgement would bring back the ashen (i know theres a C in there someone mind telling me where it is) is it confirmed that it will be in season 9 for a possibility cause i wanna know the damage we caused them with the black hole.

8) Are we ever going to see Nyan again from episode 319 i belive ti was. He came from the continent of Bedrosia on some unknown planet that we don't have a name for.

9) Are we ever going to see Nick Dr.Jacksons Grandfather again as well as the "Giants" as Nick called them in there actual person

Atlantis Eight questions

1) Will Ford be returning for season three... now i know this is far out into the future but will we be having him back as a main character in season three?

2) Will we be visiting the people of childhoods end in Season 2

3) Will general George hammond be comming on the daedalus? I miss him he was a good character and Don did a good job as Hammond ain't none better to play that character.

4) Will we be havig any onbase episodes such as the episodes Hide and Seek and Before I Sleep.

5) Do you nkow of Atlantis characters thinking about going to the Stargate Convention in July in Boston??? Cause i might be going and i'd like it if Tori Higginson David Hewlett or Paul Mcgillion to come

6) The llist of 5 ZPM's that they can get. They mention that they have visited one of the planets in The Brotherhood. Are they talking about the Ancient city in Athos or the one in Childhood's ending.

7) What do they call the planet in childhoods ending. Both the name and the PC number thing name.

8) Can you send me some pics of Atlantis and a Wraith hive ship :-D some good ones i especially like the one scene from Sanctuary where Atlantis is in fog. [email protected] (if you can plz and thank you)
                  Last edited by Anubis[MYTH]; 19 April 2005, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Martin,
                    I'm really happy you can find time to answer all our questions. Now for my questions...

Will Bates recover from his injuries and be back in season 2?

Are we going to get a Sheppard centric episode in the next season?

Will we ever see McKay play the piano?

Thanks

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Hmmm, I suppose that would be kinda bad for us...

I've heard works of a crossever between SGA and SG1. Any idea of what/when/if to expect?

Atlantis rocks!
                      There is a crossover episode (of sorts) in the works…right now it’s slated to shoot as the 13th episode of season 2…I don’t want to say more, because nothing has been locked down yet. We’re all very excited about it, and if your signature is any indication, you'll be very excited too, Agent Dark.

Comment

Hi Martin..
                        I'm delighted that you're now gracing us with your presence... I loved The Eye and The Seige...

Perhaps you could tell us if in Letters from Pegasus whether Sheppard recorded one or two messages at the end.

Thank you...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]

1) Will Ford be returning for season three... now i know this is far out into the future but will we be having him back as a main character in season three?

2) Will we be visiting the people of childhoods end in Season 2

3) Will general George hammond be comming on the daedalus? I miss him he was a good character and Don did a good job as Hammond ain't none better to play that character.

4) Will we be havig any onbase episodes such as the episodes Hide and Seek and Before I Sleep.

5) Do you nkow of Atlantis characters thinking about going to the Stargate Convention in July in Boston??? Cause i might be going and i'd like it if Tori Higginson David Hewlett or Paul Mcgillion to come

6) The llist of 5 ZPM's that they can get. They mention that they have visited one of the planets in The Brotherhood. Are they talking about the Ancient city in Athos or the one in Childhood's ending.

7) What do they call the planet in childhoods ending. Both the name and the PC number thing name.

8) Can you send me some pics of Atlantis and a Wraith hive ship :-D some good ones i especially like the one scene from Sanctuary where Atlantis is in fog. [email protected] (if you can plz and thank you)

Been saving those up for a while now, have you? I’ll let Joe handle the SG-1 questions. As for the Atlantis ones, here are my brief answers:

1. Seriously…let us at least get half way through season 2 before you start asking questions about season 3.

2. As of right now, there are no plans to go back to the Childhood’s End planet any time soon.

3. Anything is possible.

4. Absolutely. “Duet” takes place almost entirely in Atlantis.

5. If none are confirmed it’s not very likely…July 15th is right in the middle of our summer break and it’s also right before Comic Con…which I’m pretty sure everyone is doing again this year…so, the outlook is not so good.

6. They’re talking about the Childhood’s End planet.

7. The planet designation for the Childhood’s End planet is M7G 677 (which is a bit of an Easter egg…it stands for Martin 7(as in July) Gero, 677. My birthday: July 6th, 1977)

8. Nope, sorry…just here to answer questions.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            Hi Martin,
                            I'm really happy you can find time to answer all our questions. Now for my questions...

Will Bates recover from his injuries and be back in season 2?

Are we going to get a Sheppard centric episode in the next season?

Will we ever see McKay play the piano?

Thanks

1. Looks like Bates will be out for the season, recovering from his many injuries.

2. There are a couple Sheppard centric episodes planed for Season 2, most notably “Epiphany” which will be written by Brad Wright from a story Flanigan and him came up with.

3. McKay at the piano…could happen I guess.

Comment

Hi Martin! First of all thank you for taking the time to come on here and answer our questions. I had the good fortune too meet you at the Gateworld dinner as well as have you as tour guide for the set tour and so I want to say thank you for that as well.

As for my question, I'm a HUGE Ford fan and so I'm wondering if there's any chance that we'll get to see him all throughout the season even though he's now just recurring?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X