No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she knew that would happen... Jolinar was just taking a chance.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

An ok episode. Introduces the Tokra but other than that, not a very interesting episode. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Comment

Part of my re-watch today. It's strange seeing interiors other than SGC on Earth, but I liked it. Also, it was nice to have a partly Sam-centered episode.

The best part, however, was finally seeing Janet again after four without her. I'm happy she's more regular in the next season.

Comment

A key episode with the introduction of the Tok'ra.
          sigpic

Comment

Not one of my favourite eps - although in the end you get a hint that the Tok'ra really are different. Well, on the other hand the producers couldn't let Carter die that early.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

I'm gonna be lazy (and I'm also sick) with this one but what I wrote here, still stands...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              This is an episode I really enjoy watching, even though in the grand scheme of things there's not much happening -- besides Carter being taken over by a Tok'ra and the Ashrak trying to kill Jolinar.

It mostly serves as a way to introduce us to the Tok'ra and what they are in terms of being Goa'uld but different (however it's not until a few episodes later that we'll learn how arrogant they really are -- looking forward to it though).

It's nice seeing Cassie -- especially when she's running towards Sam only then realizing the paint on her fingers. Sam would have some explaining to do to the SGC's laundry service.

Continuity-error occurs when Cassie goes to Sam at the end, the way Daniel, Jack and Janet are positioned switches between shots.
              And Teal'c swipes his keycard through the lock the wrong way when he leaves the cell-block. The magnetic strip's on the opposite side, so technically speaking that door shouldn't have opened at all.

The lake's a popular location to shoot at because it'll make another appearance in the pilot of Stargate Atlantis when it doubles for the location of Teyla's village. And in the scifi serie The 4400, it's the lake where the 4400 that were taken, are being returned in their big ball of light.
              How would you rate SG-1's "In the Line of Duty?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

Comment

Jigsaw link!

Quiz link!
                Containing all three episodes: In The Line Of Duty, Prisoners and The Gamekeeper.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 December 2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Unlike Jack, I always did like the Tok'ra. It adds a more dimension to the Goa'uld. It allows for a question of why do the Goa'uld feel the need to enslave when others do not. If I have a criticism it's that later episodes pertaining vyo the Tok'ra contradict this one. I love the ending of Sam being depressed. This is a good with 8 minutes 10 seconds
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

11 Minutes and 5 Seconds. It was all the black.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

I should throw puzzle to appease aretood
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I see you are planting the seeds of doubt for when you do loose. But I see through your deception.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          This is a good with 8 minutes 10 seconds
                          Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          11 Minutes and 5 Seconds. It was all the black.
                          Finally, I manage to beat both of you... 7 minutes and 3 seconds.

Comment

This is one of my favourite episodes, sadly it has so much unused potential:

Jolinar should IMHO have survived or, at best, gone into Jack (which would give her a better chance at survival, because Jack surely would not accept defeat when faced with the Ashrak, he'd fight even if he doesn't have much of a chance!) that would cure his anti Tok'ra bias (which he doesn't know he has, yet!) right quick!

It would have made a good multi-part story (and would have given their search for the Tok'ra more urgency if they want to remove the symbiot and/or return whatever important information Jolinar had to them, hell having a Tok'ra on SG-1 would have made the alliance between Earth and the Tok'ra that much tighter IMHO!)

Sadly that's one of the major complaints I have about SG-1 (and SGA, too): That the larger story arcs often were only in the background (note: I have no problem with episodes not dealing with the larger concern, even Deep Space 9 had those during the Dominion-War and that was a hot-conflict, not just a cold-war like what Earth and the Goa'uld had for the most part!), not to mention that the SGC not fielding any technology they acquired ASAP to close the technology gap to the Goa'uld! That's so unrealistic!

greetings LAX

Comment

13:15 I actually haven't watched the episode yet, I just felt like doing a puzzle. You all are funny with competing puzzle times, I just like to take my sweet time and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                                13:15 I actually haven't watched the episode yet, I just felt like doing a puzzle. You all are funny with competing puzzle times, I just like to take my sweet time and relax.
                                It's that (friendly) rivalry between master and padawan.

Comment

Working...
                                X