X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    I used to use that site before I came across GW, great site
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
      Died serving his/her country...due to the nature of the work can not give any details...an honour to serve with...

The rest would be as personal as they could make it and might have to include a note to the effect that no body could be released for burial.
      Thank you. I kinda thought that was the story. I needed that little tidbit as well.

A veritable cornucopia of contributive information here. (I have to stop reading the dictionary. )
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Hi, another request, altho I did ask this question on the Daniel Jackson discussion thread as well:

Does anyone know if Daniel Jackson was tortured? The closest I came to this was in Fire and Water where Daniel
        Spoiler:
        volunteered to let Nem probe his mind for the hidden memory, knowing it could cripple or kill him.

Just sayin', need it for fanfic reference. Thanks for any help.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

there is a potential in new ground. i seem to remember daniel being returned to the others

but i think that's about it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think he got the Blood of Sokar treatment in The Devil You Know, but despite the immense popularity of Danny Whumping he really does tend to get the psychological torment rather than being beaten with sticks.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

On the subject of Dr. D. Jackson - does it seem locical that he'd at least know of (if not know personally) Lara Croft?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

If they exist in the same universe, I'd imagine he'd despise her. If they knew each other personally, they'd probably have a relationship not dissimilar to that Daniel has with Vala, although with slightly more anger and disdain and less flirtation.

Comment

I think he got the Blood of Sokar treatment in The Devil You Know, but despite the immense popularity of Danny Whumping he really does tend to get the psychological torment rather than being beaten with sticks.
                  Hmm, good point. Although we didn't get to see his emotional trauma-reruns, it's feasible to use anything in his memory and relate it to the blood of Sokar (or as Jack puts it, "something that reminded me of the 60's"). Acutally I prefer psych attacks rather than physical; less bloody and usually more powerful.

Just sayin', thanks for your input, Mr Prophet. That might work out.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

If they exist in the same universe, I'd imagine he'd despise her. If they knew each other personally, they'd probably have a relationship not dissimilar to that Daniel has with Vala, although with slightly more anger and disdain and less flirtation.
                    Hmm, good point.

Similarly, would Daniel be familiar with the antics of Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                      Hmm, good point.

Similarly, would Daniel be familiar with the antics of Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones?
                      Indy at least had the attitude of an archaeologist and a few vestiges of academic rigour. He was of his time, but he was into careful excavation and not making assumptions, at least when he didn't have Nazis breathing down his neck.

Comment

Indy at least had the attitude of an archaeologist and a few vestiges of academic rigour. He was of his time, but he was into careful excavation and not making assumptions, at least when he didn't have Nazis breathing down his neck.
                        It's within the realms of posibility that Daniel could have met Indy. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles shows Indy living into his early 90's at least.

I can just picture an elderly Dr. Jones accosting young Dr. Jackson at some museum or other, and Indy regaling Daniel with a tale of his misspent youth...
                        sigpic

Comment

Groom Lake or Area 51 is part Nellis AFB, Nevada. It is about an hour's flight southwest of the Colorado Springs-Fort Carson-Cheyenne Mountain area. That is if you go by jet. Helicopter would likely take two to three hours. Highway travel would likely be a two-day trip for safety concerns, but it could be done in about a day. Nellis AFB is northwest of Los Vegas as far as I know.

Comment

As for Indy and Dr. Jackson the two would have to had met during Daniel's undergraduate studies. Indy now would be well over one-hundred and on his death bed. Unless of course he was actually a Tok'ra host and the Tok'ra was assigned to watch Earth for some reason. Being a Tok'ra host could explain the rapid healing of his frequent injuries. It also could explain a lot of other things about Doctor Henry "Indiana" Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by KSTreadhead
                              Groom Lake or Area 51 is part Nellis AFB, Nevada. It is about an hour's flight southwest of the Colorado Springs-Fort Carson-Cheyenne Mountain area. That is if you go by jet. Helicopter would likely take two to three hours. Highway travel would likely be a two-day trip for safety concerns, but it could be done in about a day. Nellis AFB is northwest of Los Vegas as far as I know.
                              nellis is right on the outskirts of vegas.

i would imagine if they needed to get from cheyenne to nellis, they'd just go over to peterson afb and hop a plane and fly there.

like you said, about an hour's flight
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                nellis is right on the outskirts of vegas.

i would imagine if they needed to get from cheyenne to nellis, they'd just go over to peterson afb and hop a plane and fly there.

like you said, about an hour's flight
                                They do. In Off The Grid,
                                Spoiler:
                                Landry asks (or orders) Walter to have a plane ready at Petersen for a flight to Area 51

Comment

Working...
                                X