X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I'll think on it some more.

Thank you all for your assistance.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Not a question, more something to think about.

I have this mental image of the Joint Chiefs of Staff drawing straws to see who gets to explain the Stargate Program to Donald Trump...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        I have this mental image of the Joint Chiefs of Staff drawing straws to see who gets to explain the Stargate Program to Donald Trump...
        No way, they would ever loop him in --- VERY BAD IDEA!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can see them more thinking 'how can we run him through a MRI t make sure there's no snakey passenger rather than briefing him on it. It is a top secret project after all and 45 has a bad habit of letting thing slip.

They just might decide he doesn't need to know
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It would be all over twitter in an instant.

Comment

Question related to Stargate Atlantis

Anyone know what the ATA in ATA-gene stands for?
              You know, the gene that makes it possible for people to operate Ancient technology.

I don't know if it was ever said on the show, but if it is I sure can't remember it and if it wasn't I kinda like my idea for it: Ancient Technology Activation gene

Comment

One for the Potterheads.

A small detail, I know, but - has it ever been established if Butter Beer bottles are screw tops or if you'd need a bottle opener?
                sigpic

Comment

One for the Potterheads.

A small detail, I know, but - has it ever been established if Butter Beer bottles are screw tops or if you'd need a bottle opener?
                  Wish Luna could really answer this as she has a necklace made from bottle caps.

More seriously, the wizarding world seems kind of stuck in the late 19th, early 20th century as far as tech migrating over from the muggle world. For the movies they used corks instead of caps as that was they used for Luna's necklace. My main guess would be corks with some kind of metal cap on it.
                  Last edited by iiradned; 11 September 2017, 12:24 AM.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I'd go with caps rather than screws... but that would be a personal choice so totally fanon.

Comment

Pop off caps, the kind you need an opener for. Yes.

I have this mental picture of Ron coming home on a Friday night after a long day in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, being unable to find a bottle opener and just whacking the cap off the edge of the kitchen table - prompting a clip round the ear from his mum for damaging the furniture.

And on a side note, I always assumed that Butter Beer was non-alcoholic - same as Ginger Beer or Rootbeer. Considering that Harry and co were under the legal drinking age (18 in the UK) when they were served it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Question related to Stargate Atlantis

Anyone know what the ATA in ATA-gene stands for?
                        You know, the gene that makes it possible for people to operate Ancient technology.

I don't know if it was ever said on the show, but if it is I sure can't remember it and if it wasn't I kinda like my idea for it: Ancient Technology Activation gene
                        That's indeed used but I don't know if it's canon or fanon. It was never named (other than "Ancient Gene") in SG-1, but possibly in SGA. I'm not a big fan of SGA and have only watched it once, I don't recall the specifics of canon/episodes. It's on the wikia but who knows what source they used for it.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I have this mental picture of Ron coming home on a Friday night after a long day in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, being unable to find a bottle opener and just whacking the cap off the edge of the kitchen table - prompting a clip round the ear from his mum for damaging the furniture.

Yup, I can definitely see that happening.

And on a side note, I always assumed that Butter Beer was non-alcoholic - same as Ginger Beer or Rootbeer. Considering that Harry and co were under the legal drinking age (18 in the UK) when they were served it.
                          Same here.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          That's indeed used but I don't know if it's canon or fanon. It was never named (other than "Ancient Gene") in SG-1, but possibly in SGA. I'm not a big fan of SGA and have only watched it once, I don't recall the specifics of canon/episodes. It's on the wikia but who knows what source they used for it.
                          LOL! It was the first thing to come to mind when I couldn't find it in the omnipedia. I can't recall if it was ever mentioned, other than Ancient gene, so I don't know either whether wikia got it right or not. Fanon or canon, it doesn't really matter to me. I kinda like Ancient Technology Activation gene as a name. Simple and to the point.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

You're welcome. I suppose you could do a search of SGA transcripts if you really want to know...
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              LOL! It was the first thing to come to mind when I couldn't find it in the omnipedia. I can't recall if it was ever mentioned, other than Ancient gene, so I don't know either whether wikia got it right or not. Fanon or canon, it doesn't really matter to me. I kinda like Ancient Technology Activation gene as a name. Simple and to the point.

Thanks for the input.
                              Originally posted by fems View Post
                              You're welcome. I suppose you could do a search of SGA transcripts if you really want to know...
                              Hide and Seek (Season 1, Episode 3)

BECKETT: We believe A.T.A. -- or Ancient Technology Activation -- is caused by a single gene that's always on, instructing various cells in the body to produce a series of proteins and enzymes that interact with the skin, the nervous system and the brain.
                              Hot Zone (Season 1, Episode 13)

BECKETT: Aye, but he's been inoculated with the ATA gene.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

How do military personnel refer to being promoted?

I've heard it variously as getting "frocked up" and "getting a step".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X