Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to point out that people viewing scars notice them a lot less than the person with the scar thinks they do. I have a scar on my forehead from an automobile accident. This is a very long scar. About 1/2 is hidden by my hair, and it's about 12" long. I had 100 stitches. I wore my hair parted in the middle for years after I got it, and I can tell you from experience that people generally did not notice my forehead was scarred unless I pointed it out.

If the scar had become a keloid, that would've been a different matter (keloids occur when the natural healing process runs amok, are raised and red).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

You realise, of course, that we seem to be turning into Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss's characters in "Jaws"?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You see this? YOu see this one?
        No.
        Mary ann whoever. she broke my heart

The funniest part of the whole thing is Brody thinking about his appendix scar then wisely keeping quiet.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are cellphones allowed in the Pentagon?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Being a General, would Jack O'Neill warrant a security detail?
            sigpic

Comment

Only when the situation warrants it.

On Earth when going between his house and the office at Homeworld, or going grocery shopping, or eating lunch, or any regular activity probably not.

During a heightened alert status such when the Lucian Alliance bombed Homeworld, definitely.

If Jack went through goes off-world most likely he'd have a security detail.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Visiting a Homeworld Defence facility outwith the US?
                sigpic

Comment

Do the US armed forces still do officer exchange programmes?

An officer from an allied power serving temporarily with US forces?
                  sigpic

Comment

It appears the program is currently under revision. It's called the Foreign Residency Program, under the Office of the Under Secretary for Personnel & Readiness.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

hello,

I am hoping for some help please if anyone can. I write fanficiton and would love to know what medals Lorne has, we only see him once in his dress blues in SGA Sunday and I can't seem to get clear pics.

With everyone's lovely knowledge, do we know what he does have or make an educated guess I what he would have?

TIA x
                      sigpic
                      JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                      Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                      Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

A question for my fellow Scottish people, specifically those who live in - or are familiar with - Inverness.

I've got the germ of an idea for a story (possibly more) called "S.H.I.E.L.D. Scotland" about the misadventures of the Scottish division of S.H.I.E.L.D., which is just three guys in pokey wee offices dotted around Scotland.

One guy in Glasgow (covering the West of Scotland), one in Edinburgh (covering the East Coast), and one in Inverness (covering the Highlands and Islands).

I know where I want the Glasgow office to be (somewhere in the bowels of Glasgow Central Station), and the Edinburgh office (part of a decommissioned secret military base under Edinburgh Castle).

But I've only been in Inverness a couple of times, and don't know the city very well.

So, what I need is somewhere fairly well known, but at the same time no one would question strange comings and goings at various times of the day and night.

Any suggestions?
                        sigpic

Comment

In the Potter-verse, could there be a material that is proof against magic?

Much in the same way as Kevlar can be made into ballistic vests?
                          sigpic

Comment

To my knowledge there is not material that is naturally resistant against magic but something could have a magical trait that makes them resistant to magic. It's been a while since I touched potterverse but I recall giants and trolls as being resistant to magic because of magic blood

sigpic
                            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Hides of dragons and basilisks are resistant to all but the most powerful spells while on a living creature. Not sure how strong that resistance is when made into other products, but dragonhide clothes do provide protection against medium strength spells.

Also, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes manufacture and sell, Shield Hats, Shield Cloaks, and Shield Gloves. These are regular clothing items that have been charmed to be resistant to light to moderate strength hexes and jinxes.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Would it make sense that if a civilian was brought to one of the facilities that there would be something preventing them from calling or texting?

What's the most plausible way SGC would have said civilian moved from San Francisco to the Cheyenne base?

Also, are there different rules in dealing with civilians who are minors?
                                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                                X