X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sela
    I have another request for info:

Anyone know of where I can get information on the layout of the SGC? I would like to know as much as possible on what areas and departments are on which levels. Are there blueprints like there are in Trek fandom for their various ships and facilities?

Thanks!
    The Wiki atwww.stargate-sg1-solutions.com has a comprehensive walkthrough of the entire SGC, going through every level in great detail. Its very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
      The Wiki atwww.stargate-sg1-solutions.com has a comprehensive walkthrough of the entire SGC, going through every level in great detail. Its very interesting.
      * Sela squeals like a little girl.

Thanks so much!
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Hey, great! A fic help thread.

I have a request, too. I need the name of some small town in the mountains between San Diego and Colorado Springs. I need the town to be in an area where it rains (I know that sounds strange, but there are mountain areas that get very little rain, so....)

Can anyone help?
        Answer: Julian, Ca. It's an old town in the mtns east of San Diego about 70 mi east. It hosts an Apple Festival each fall and boasts original buildings from the 1800's. Cute little town to antique shop and stroll in the woods. It's up high and cool in the heat of summer and gets rain in the fall/winter, Also light amount of snow.

The distance between San Diego and Colorado Springs is about 1500 miles. Most of it is desert. But as you reach Northern Arizona around Flagstaff you get rain. That's on the way to the Grand Canyon. As you get into Southern Colorado around Mancos or Durango, you get into the mountains and there is rain in the summer, snow in the winter. So, google those names and see if they fit for you.

The whole Southwest of the USA is very dry. It does rain, just not the way you get it in England.
        Last edited by Livi2Jack; 20 November 2005, 09:42 AM.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Bumpin' this up so you can hear me!

Someone posted somewhere the make and model of Samantha Carter's motorcycle. We got a glimpse of it in either The Curse and/or Space Race.

Just sayin', appreciate any help there!

Edit: I may have stumbled across it searching for something else, naturally! Does 1940s Indian (classic) sound familiar? Is that the model or maker? Thanks!
          Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 18 January 2006, 06:07 PM.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

she has an indian that we've seen in The Curse, but AT herself has suggested that sam actually has 2 cycles. the indian which is kinda too pretty to ride and a harley.

we have no make/model on that, just the actress' word that she'd have a more 'practical' one to ride on a daily basis
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              she has an indian that we've seen in The Curse, but AT herself has suggested that sam actually has 2 cycles. the indian which is kinda too pretty to ride and a harley.

we have no make/model on that, just the actress' word that she'd have a more 'practical' one to ride on a daily basis
              Much obliged, Skydiver.

Just sayin', that helps alot!
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Now, this is a helpful thread. Good show.

MapQuest is wonderful for finding locations in and around Colorado Springs and other areas. ExpediaMaps is good, as well. They even have maps on the grounds of the Air Force Academy. (Jack's Valley = the commando course. LOL)
                At one point, I contacted the Chamber of Commerce and they sent me local maps. I have access to more info than I ever thought I wanted to know about CS.
                If you're looking for accurate weather conditions (on Earth). Almanac.com has weather history. Zip Code for CS is 80920.
                WEBMD.com gives you excruciating detail on diseases and injuries. Like I wanted to know what a dislocated shoulder was and how to fix it. Or the symptoms of viral encephalitis (what Jack had in Frozen.)

Why was I here in the first place? OH, yeah. Question for a fic.
                In Season 8,
                Spoiler:
                after Jack took command, who is his 2nd in Command? It isn't Sam, she doesn't have the rank. I'm having Jack go missing, presumed dead off world and I need to know to whom SG-1 would report this. He had to have left someone in command.
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                  Why was I here in the first place? OH, yeah. Question for a fic.
                  In Season 8,
                  Spoiler:
                  after Jack took command, who is his 2nd in Command? It isn't Sam, she doesn't have the rank. I'm having Jack go missing, presumed dead off world and I need to know to whom SG-1 would report this. He had to have left someone in command.
                  you know, that's probably the biggest plot hole of the whole show. the real norad is, last i knew, run by a 4 adn a 3 star general (the 3 star is his xo)

so it's highly unlikely that a mere colonel would be hammond's second, most likely a brigadir general. and even if jack was his xo, that job is a desk job, not one for someone larking off off world on a regular basis

jack being second on the base is fanon. there is absolutely nothing supporting it in the show other than jack being in command of the base. there is a huge difference between 'officer of the day' or whatever the term is for 'you're the boss for the next 8 hours' and second in command of the base

in your situation i would suggest two options. s8 spoilers
                  Spoiler:

since jack is a brigadir general, you can't have another 1 star be his boss, so i'd suggest either hammond comes back to watch things while jack is gone.
                  general kerrigan from the af academy steps in. he's of rank and works across town and knows of hte project.
                  or i'm a big fan of colonel dixon, colonel reynolds or another colonel to watch the place in jack's absence

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of doing exactly that.
                    Spoiler:
                    The Colonel. Which one is Senior? Or I could pull a name out of my and say he's senior. James Holland, maybe? Better yet, they're each taking an 8-hour watch. Jack is going to be legitimately off-world for days before he turns up missing.

Thanks. I didn't pay close attention to S8 and wasn't sure if I was missing something.
                    Last edited by Jynjyr; 06 February 2006, 04:45 PM.
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

there's nothing canon suggesting that any one is senior over another so knock yourself out and have fun.

who will serve your story better? a jack-like goofy type like dixon or a grumpier kind of man like reynolds?

i like them both

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        you know, that's probably the biggest plot hole of the whole show. the real norad is, last i knew, run by a 4 adn a 3 star general (the 3 star is his xo)

so it's highly unlikely that a mere colonel would be hammond's second, most likely a brigadir general. and even if jack was his xo, that job is a desk job, not one for someone larking off off world on a regular basis
                        Well, that's NORAD, but Cheyenne Mountain Station is run by a 1-star, and certainly in the first five or six seasons the SGC is a very small command, run by a General they thought they were putting out to grass. Even in the later seasons, you still have the SGC as a small part of the larger Department of Homeworld Security with, one presumes, separate commands for the offworld bases and a large civilian component as well.

Major Davis has often acted a lot like Hammond's XO, although he's officially the Pentagon liaison officer.

Seniority is a matter of opinion and not 100% relevant. A senior man can serve under a junior if appropriate to the mission, although he might be resentful. Seniority really counts when you're looking to sort out a default chain of command.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet

Seniority is a matter of opinion and not 100% relevant. A senior man can serve under a junior if appropriate to the mission, although he might be resentful. Seniority really counts when you're looking to sort out a default chain of command.
                          which, unfortunatly, can leave you in a situation where teh most senior officer don't know beans while the less senior officer is the most experienced in an area.

that's when you find out if an officer is able to put aside rank for the 'better' of the situation or if you're stuck with a jerk who'd rather be incompetantly in command than let someone else boss him around

sigpic

Comment

Question: What does Hammond/O'Neill/Landry tell the family of someone who's died off-world?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                              Question: What does Hammond/O'Neill/Landry tell the family of someone who's died off-world?
                              Died serving his/her country...due to the nature of the work can not give any details...an honour to serve with...

The rest would be as personal as they could make it and might have to include a note to the effect that no body could be released for burial.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                Died serving his/her country...due to the nature of the work can not give any details...an honour to serve with...

The rest would be as personal as they could make it and might have to include a note to the effect that no body could be released for burial.
                                That's kind of what I figured. Thanks.

How many times do we think O'Neill and Carter have had to fill in a form cos they "lost" a P-90?
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X