Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scenario I have in my head, is for my double strength SG team (maybe a training mission?) to encounter the Legion on an alien world, and have to convince them they're not hostile.

To that end, a female member of the team (tall, blonde, quite busty), who has noticed that the Legion are all male, volunteers to go and parlay - by the simple expedient of laying down her weapons and taking her tac-vest and jacket off.

Murmurs of appreciation etc. from the Legionaries...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Good thing you didn't go for Spartans then
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Oddly enough, a couple of weeks ago I happened upon a website that makes custom replica Legion signet rings and ordered myself a Legio IX ring.
        Cool!

To that end, a female member of the team (tall, blonde, quite busty), who has noticed that the Legion are all male, volunteers to go and parlay - by the simple expedient of laying down her weapons and taking her tac-vest and jacket off.

Murmurs of appreciation etc. from the Legionaries...
        Come on... isn't that a bit sexist?

Legionaries would probably respond quite well to a woman's touch... but they're not stupid jarheads (and now I insulted the local jarheads).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Cool!

Come on... isn't that a bit sexist?

Legionaries would probably respond quite well to a woman's touch... but they're not stupid jarheads (and now I insulted the local jarheads).
          You do recall that legion baggage trains included hookers, right FH?
          Sexist and misogynistic is entirely their style, and hardly a new thing even in Stargate.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ok, fair enough. Rather than being the tall, Amazonian, type - she's five foot nothing in her bare feet, looks like she's barely out of high school and couldn't possibly be a threat to anyone.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I have a question I am building a main character. I am planning to have him in the role of commander of 304s air attack wing. With rank of captain or major is it feasible for him to be only 25 years old or do I have to reveal why he has such a high rank despite his age.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Not if you don't want to. Keep it a mystery.

If asked, the character could always say "It's classified."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                  I have a question I am building a main character. I am planning to have him in the role of commander of 304s air attack wing. With rank of captain or major is it feasible for him to be only 25 years old or do I have to reveal why he has such a high rank despite his age.
                  Captain would be more believable in terms of age but to command a full air wing of a 304 it might not be. It usually takes about 10 years of service to make it to Major so it'd be more believable to make them somewhere around 28 to 30. Even then, Major is quite a junior rank to be made commander of an air wing so if you want to be as accurate as possible I would say something closer to a 35 year old Lt. Colonel. But if you want a younger character then the Major is an ok middle ground as 304's have relatively small wings of fighters.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Captain would be more believable in terms of age but to command a full air wing of a 304 it might not be. It usually takes about 10 years of service to make it to Major so it'd be more believable to make them somewhere around 28 to 30. Even then, Major is quite a junior rank to be made commander of an air wing so if you want to be as accurate as possible I would say something closer to a 35 year old Lt. Colonel. But if you want a younger character then the Major is an ok middle ground as 304's have relatively small wings of fighters.
                    thanks for the advice.

I'll be straight I am planning to have the Clone O'neill as a character commanding a wing Jumpers in Atlantis. I want to keep his identity as secret as possible. So he has Jack's experience, ancient gene and a young body. In a story set about two years after SGA. by my estimate he is in his late 20s.

I think Clone O neill going to Atlantis is a great idea. He gets to contribute to saving the world but its not like he is living the same life as Original Jack.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

How do you describe ships?

I am writing a fanfic and it has a couple of ships in it.

I am looking for how to describe the Daedalus, Hiveships and other ships in design

any advice or reference material for
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Hi

If you like would like examples of prose then the battle posts from the gateworld Virtual fleets are good. You can find them in general discussion now. Sort by number of replies, it is the top results
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Need a little help here. What should I do about an evil democracy? I mean, in stories about an evil monarchy or evil empire, the solution is simple. Either replace the government with a democracy or replace the evil leader with a benevolent one.

But I have an evil democratic nation where all the evil deeds is because the people intentionally voted for evil leaders. And I don't know what to do with them short of razing the entire nation (I'll call that plan D).

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Evil democracy? What do you think's been happening in the US these past four years?
                            sigpic

Comment

Evil democracy? What do you think's been happening in the US these past four years?
                              Let's save that for a different thread. But what I need is a way to dispatch an enemy nation when you can't simply replace Ozai with Zuko, or replace The Empire with The Republic. Or am I just gonna have to settle on a peace treaty? Will that even work if I've established it's the citizens who elected officials on the basis that they'd do evil
                              Last edited by StargateMillennium; 06 January 2021, 04:50 AM.

sigpic
                              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

In other news, my replica Legio IX Hispana ring has arrived.
                                20210127_145300.jpg
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X