This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
    First, what is the max age someone can join the AF? Second, if someone suffers from addiction/ alcoholism before joining, does the AF have to know and how can it affect thier joining? Of course I know they have to be clean, but is there a certain time they have to be free of drugs? Thanks.
    Don't know. You might try the main Air Force siteand the Air Force recruiting site. The Air Force Times and the Department of Defense might help, too. If you don't find what you're looking for in any of those places, I'd ask on the main board with a thread title that asks for military help specifically. Something like "Air Force Enlistment Requirements--Please help." Or you could call your local recruiter and ask him/her.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I went to the recruiting site, and it said to call my local recruiter to get the kind of info I need. Thanks for the links though.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
      http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

I do know that to join the AF academy (ie to become an officer) the max age is 23 and I believe that it is 28 for enlisted entry, so it depends on what rank you want your character to be.

As for the addiction thing, I'm not sure, sorry.
        I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

There is a thread already in this section of the froum called "Fic Help". Please have a use of thread in the future.

PS: I'm just pointing it out, not trying to be rude.

Comment

and now the two threads have been merged
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yay woot. Thanks Denise

Comment

Hello All!

I remember reading somewhere of a list of all of the SG teams and what their primary area of work was, like the SG Marines. Does anyone know where this listing is or have this information?

Thanks!
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                  Hello All!

I remember reading somewhere of a list of all of the SG teams and what their primary area of work was, like the SG Marines. Does anyone know where this listing is or have this information?

Thanks!
                  Try here: http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sg1/sgunits.html

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    Whoa. That is awesome! That is more that I asked for. I've got to print that puppy out so I can read through and highlight passages of it.

Thanks Boo!
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

ohh, thanks this does has info

Comment

Whoa. That is awesome! That is more that I asked for. I've got to print that puppy out so I can read through and highlight passages of it.

Thanks Boo!
                        That was one of the very first sites I ever discovered about Stargate, and boy, was I glad! It answers so many questions, and makes many well-thought out assumptions about a lot of things (check out the salary guesstimates for the team, for example) that help give the show a real world perspective for me.

Comment

That was one of the very first sites I ever discovered about Stargate, and boy, was I glad! It answers so many questions, and makes many well-thought out assumptions about a lot of things (check out the salary guesstimates for the team, for example) that help give the show a real world perspective for me.
                          I have another request for info:

Anyone know of where I can get information on the layout of the SGC? I would like to know as much as possible on what areas and departments are on which levels. Are there blueprints like there are in Trek fandom for their various ships and facilities?

Thanks!
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Generally I find that if you make something up, and it sounds plausable, nine times out of ten you get it right.

For example, one of my SG-999 fics, "What We Did During Our Summer Vacation" (read it now on www.sg-999.org.uk click on Community, then Stories) has a group of SG team members in an open topped Humvee.

When I wrote the story (almost two years ago) I wasn't sure if such a thing existed, but it sounded plausable.
                            A couple of months after I finished the story and had it posted on our website, I happened to see a news report about US forces in Iraq. Sitting in an open topped Humvee were a bunch of US Marines.

Was this a case of life imitating art, or vice versa?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I see your point and I will do that to fill in the gaps once I can locate any information already out there. You know how we sci-fi fans are about our 'canon' no matter what universe we play in. Even with it being background information I want to get it as close to right as possible.
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

I see your point and I will do that to fill in the gaps once I can locate any information already out there. You know how we sci-fi fans are about our 'canon' no matter what universe we play in. Even with it being background information I want to get it as close to right as possible.
                                The site that has the group descriptions is a pretty good catalogue of canon. It also has a compendium of known locational references, although that gets a little contradictory.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X