Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok folks, hit me with unusual names for kids that wouldn't be out of place in the Potter-verse.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Harriet Stowe
      Sturla Bardington (male, fyi)
      Melitta Horn
      Parzifal Cheddar-Huntziger

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm tempted to throw in a "Justin Case".
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I'm tempted to throw in a "Justin Case".
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you're going that route, how about
            Tremaine Calm
            Marcus Spencer
            Holly Branch

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Even better than Tremaine Calm--Tremaine Young.

Seaboe

Comment

How do military personnel refer to being promoted?

I've heard it variously as getting "frocked up" and "getting a step".
                As far as I know frocking is asuming your new rank ASAP without receiving the higher pay for the current month (that will happen when the soldier/airman/sailor/marine etc. is payed the next time!) and I've heard that this needs to be approved (so if it isn't you will asume your new rank next month!)

I've heard it being refered to as climbing another step on the ladder (just like a promotion in civilian life)

greetings LAX

Comment

Thanks LAX.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have one for a dog, which is the actual name a Whovian friend of mine decided their new dog: Albus Dumbledog.

Comment

Hey guys,

was it ever specified what information Jolinar wanted to give to the other Tok'ra (information that made sending an Ashrak after her necessary in the eyes of the systemlords can't be anything trivial because I bet Ashraks demand pay...hell, even if they work directly for one systemlord or another: They surely don't grow on trees!)?

If not: Any ideas what it could be? (I am still, after years, doing my Tok'ra story where Jolinar hops into Jack and survives and thus I need that information because I am coming up empty!)

greetings LAX

Comment

Near as I can tell, she never had any intel. She was hunted by the Ashrak because she was one of the more successful Tok'ra in her endeavors against the Goa'uld.

sigpic
                        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Perhaps it was intel on Sokar, since she escaped his hellhole.

Comment

Do we have such a thing as a dedicated thread where one can post an idea one has for a fic, and get feedback on it?

Along the lines of "Would you read this?", "Do you think it's sufficiently interesting to you to continue with?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Do we have such a thing as a dedicated thread where one can post an idea one has for a fic, and get feedback on it?

Along the lines of "Would you read this?", "Do you think it's sufficiently interesting to you to continue with?"
                              I don't think we have that. There's the adopt-afic-bunny but that's not the same.
                              Start one!

Comment

I'll do that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X