This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpers have an autopilot, don't they?

I have this mental picture of Shepard "borrowing" a Jumper, taking it out to deep water, and just sitting on the ramp with his fishing rod and line.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Sheppard played golf in Sunday. He doesn't strike me as the fishing type, especially since he wasn't too eager to join Beckett.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do Australians use andor are familiar with the term rape seed? Or is it just a UK thing?

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
          Do Australians use andor are familiar with the term rape seed? Or is it just a UK thing?
          If you are talking about oil, no.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Okay, so while rewatching SGA, my husband and I got into a debate about the wraith and I could use someone to help answer this (sorry, fic is ignoring the books).

I interpreted following queens as something of an instinct for commanders. The stronger the queen in comparison, the stronger the instinct and the harder to consider the idea of independence.

My husband, however, thought it was just cultural. It was just what wraith were used to as warriors, i.e. do what the person in charge says and only know that the war has changed do commanders consider disobeying the queen.

Which is right and what other details am I missing? I've checked several wikis, but got no definitive answers.
            Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I believe it is a combination of both. They have said that lower ranking wraith need telepathic commands and saying they revert to feral animals without it.

However, Todd has said that wraith seek to be ruled and that when without a queen, wraith will seek out a queen to serve.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It's a hive, with a queen, like bees.... basically. A hive without a queen dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It's a hive, with a queen, like bees.... basically. A hive without a queen dies.
                  Todd's hives seem to be doing fine, but i'm sure the answer is technobabble. Or just a clever smirk and not saying anything.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

When an army officer leaves his post for the final time, is there such a thing as a formal leaving ceremony?

My character isn't retiring, just moving to a different assignment.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The only formal ceremony associated with a PCS (Permanent Change of Station) that I'm aware of is the handover from the outgoing Commanding Officer to the incoming Commanding Officer.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Fair enough, thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                          Todd's hives seem to be doing fine, but i'm sure the answer is technobabble. Or just a clever smirk and not saying anything.
                          I think I'll take my simple explanation over the technobabble.

Though, I do think the Wraith hierarchy and social structure is indeed far more complicated than the bee-hive comparison. After all, bees and Wraith are not quite alike but the hive-resemblance is there though, so it could be like the base layer of a hive and build from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I think I'll take my simple explanation over the technobabble.

Though, I do think the Wraith hierarchy and social structure is indeed far more complicated than the bee-hive comparison. After all, bees and Wraith are not quite alike but the hive-resemblance is there though, so it could be like the base layer of a hive and build from there.
                            I'd go more with ants, which are extremely complex. They have slavery, several kinds of deception, and complex comunication over long distance. The only major difference is that in ants, most are females, not males.

Comment

New question.

How do military personnel find out about their new assignments, or training courses they might be qualified to go on?

Is it just a question of their C.O. saying "Go here. Do this."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                New question.

How do military personnel find out about their new assignments, or training courses they might be qualified to go on?

Is it just a question of their C.O. saying "Go here. Do this."
                                It's situtional. If the CO can give orders directly, they do. If they have to by radio or phone, they do that. Usually a five paragraph statement is given wither way (I think by both paper and announcement when possible).

The first link about orders links bak to the OPARD page itself, which is weird. I reccoment looking that hte citations at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X