This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
    Does anyone have a map or schematics for Atlantis? I want something illustrated and I want to accurately show where the brig is in the city
    As far as I recall the few places definitively pinned down on Atlantis were the main jumper bay at the top of the central tower, the gate room on the level below the main jumper bay and, a second jumper bay at the very bottom of the central tower. I would assume that the ZPM room is somewhere in the lower levels of the central tower due to its location as the power distribution hub.

McKay's lab is in the central tower as Sheppard broke the window and climbed up the outside to get to the gate room in the S4 episode Quarantine, but they never mentioned which floor the lab is on.

For all other locations they never mentioned their positions relative to the above mentioned places.
    Last edited by iiradned; 17 February 2019, 11:56 PM.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

So it's more likely on a tower on one of the piers?
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

New question: In modern times (post WWII at the earliest), has there ever been a recorded case of the US government setting up a covert operation in order to achieve something withouth ethics or oversight stopping them preventing it?

Such as illegal experiments, unethical research, indentured servitude, inhumane conditions, etc, but the project leaders a) felt it was needed this way and b) it was on the US govenrment budget, liek the black budget?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Perhaps not quite what you're after, but there's this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskeg...lis_experiment
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Perhaps not quite what you're after, but there's this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskeg...lis_experiment
            It's petty close.

Would the US try anything as illegal and unethical today?

Comment

If there was even just the slimmest chance that no one would find out about it?

In a heartbeat.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

No problem. Happy to help.
                  sigpic

Comment

Officially, or unofficially? A lot of the illegal and unethical studies may have been paid for by the government, but the government also denied any knowledge of how the money was being spent.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      Officially, or unofficially? A lot of the illegal and unethical studies may have been paid for by the government, but the government also denied any knowledge of how the money was being spent.

Seaboe
                      Tha'ts pretty much their excuse. They just donated it to some research and claimed they had no idea how said the research was beign performed, so long as it was up to scientific standards.

Comment

In SGU, where'd the LA get their warships? I thought they were just drug dealers, more like Jabba the Hut's smuggling empire.

Comment

When the Replicators wiped out the Goa'uld they left the ships intact. Then the Dakara superweapon wiped out the Replicators leaving the ships just laying around either landed on planets or adrift in space. Then some enterprising groups managed to take over the ships and eventually these groups banded together to form the Lucian Alliance.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            When the Replicators wiped out the Goa'uld they left the ships intact. Then the Dakara superweapon wiped out the Replicators leaving the ships just laying around either landed on planets or adrift in space. Then some enterprising groups managed to take over the ships and eventually these groups banded together to form the Lucian Alliance.
                            So they just grabbed some free ships? Makes snese now.

Comment

Would a commanding officer permit a subordinate an extended period of leave to care for a terminally ill loved one?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Would a commanding officer permit a subordinate an extended period of leave to care for a terminally ill loved one?
                                It depends on the commanding officer

Comment

Working...
                                X