This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
    What does the word Ori mean in Ancient Language? Does the show or any of the writers tell us that? I wonder if I could use the word Ori to mean god or gods
    Depends on interpretation.

But it's believed that the Ori derived their name from the word 'origin' which translated in Alteran means 'truth'.

However that's just the interpretation. Take it as you will.

Comment

Anyone know anything about military K9 units?

Words of command and so on?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan View Post

Depends on interpretation.

But it's believed that the Ori derived their name from the word 'origin' which translated in Alteran means 'truth'.

However that's just the interpretation. Take it as you will.
        Thank you, then I say that the Ori translates to deity or deities (I wanted it to be gender neutral as some of the Ori was female when they ascended)
        Last edited by Ascended Jonas; 24 July 2022, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Anyone know anything about military K9 units?

Words of command and so on?
          Depends.

Similar to police dogs with given the basic training with knowing when to stay, sit, and being silent. From there it's goes into specificity of what the dog is being trained to do with attacking, guarding, recon, bomb sniffing, and etc.

Comment

What are some possible things that could happen to Sheppard that would cause this to be the end result:

1. bandaged in the chest area
            2. about 3 nights in the infirmary
            3. will take about 2 weeks to heal
            and as a precaution I'm going to have him have no heavy lifting for a few days, so when he gets out he will have 1 day left on that.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
              What are some possible things that could happen to Sheppard that would cause this to be the end result:

1. bandaged in the chest area
              2. about 3 nights in the infirmary
              3. will take about 2 weeks to heal
              and as a precaution I'm going to have him have no heavy lifting for a few days, so when he gets out he will have 1 day left on that.
              Impalement comes to mind. If he gets something stuck through him that has to be surgically removed.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

Impalement comes to mind. If he gets something stuck through him that has to be surgically removed.
                Thank you for the help. I was having trouble coming up with something for part 5, originally part 4, of my Wish Yet to Come series. Interesting thing is, I have part 4 and part 6 figured out, but soon I will have part 5 that way too. Again thanks for the help.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I'm currently writing a fanfic where I explore the ascension of the people who would became the Ori. In my fanfic the high-priest Magnus is going to be the first one to ascend among the people in the Alterans's home galaxy. The problem is that I'm struggling with is the moment of ascension itself so any ideas? How can I write that scene when ascension is so abstract

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                    I'm currently writing a fanfic where I explore the ascension of the people who would became the Ori. In my fanfic the high-priest Magnus is going to be the first one to ascend among the people in the Alterans's home galaxy. The problem is that I'm struggling with is the moment of ascension itself so any ideas? How can I write that scene when ascension is so abstract
                    So Magnus is going to have to come back at some point to tell everyone it's safe. You could focus on their reactions to his experience.

I'm drawing from my experience with lovecraftian horror. The explorer will come back and we are instead in the shoes of everyone around him, seeing the aftermath of the unspeakable. This oculd be something similar where all the scientists and researchers are there to react to his revelation of the incredible.

If you really need it in his perspective you can draw upon stories from near death experience. Eben Alexander comes to mind.

sigpic
                    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

So Magnus is going to have to come back at some point to tell everyone it's safe. You could focus on their reactions to his experience.

I'm drawing from my experience with lovecraftian horror. The explorer will come back and we are instead in the shoes of everyone around him, seeing the aftermath of the unspeakable. This oculd be something similar where all the scientists and researchers are there to react to his revelation of the incredible.

If you really need it in his perspective you can draw upon stories from near death experience. Eben Alexander comes to mind.
                      Thank you and these advices will be of great help to me

Comment

Working...
                      X