Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In what season do they catch the NID member off world?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
      In what season do they catch the NID member off world?
      which nid member?

season 2 and touchstone is where the first 4 rogues get trapped off world and we find out that the nid has been using the second gate
      season 3 is shades of gray, when jack goes undercover
      season 5 is Sentinel, where graves and Kershaw (two of the captured rogues) go back to a planet to fix what they broke
      season 6 is smoke and mirrors, where they use a stolen imager from Foothold to frame jack for murder
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Concerning a small, rainy mountain town between San Diego and Colorado Springs, check out the link below. Travel from or to San Diego through the Sangre de Cristo mountains of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico is a beautiful way to go. Mapquest.com says so. Anyway, see if the link helps.

Sparky

http://sangres.com/mountains/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          which nid member?

season 2 and touchstone is where the first 4 rogues get trapped off world and we find out that the nid has been using the second gate
          season 3 is shades of gray, when jack goes undercover
          season 5 is Sentinel, where graves and Kershaw (two of the captured rogues) go back to a planet to fix what they broke
          season 6 is smoke and mirrors, where they use a stolen imager from Foothold to frame jack for murder
          um....they help, thanks Denise.

I guess i have to take the s2 one in seson four (in ficcy setting) or re-write the original version

Comment

If anyone has questions about Colorado geography and stuff for a fic, I'd be more than happy to help out. Just PM me if that is needed.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              If anyone has questions about Colorado geography and stuff for a fic, I'd be more than happy to help out. Just PM me if that is needed.

Thanks Rocke will PM ya if need anything going north to...um.....From Colorado

Comment

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out before I cook up my little fic. If you could answer my question or point me in the right direction, that would be great. I already seached through the omnipedia and forums, but couldn't quite find the answer.

I'm under the impression that to ascend, more than likely you have to die, although it is not a must. Given that there are rules for ascension, is it 'illegal' -- for lack of a better term -- to commit suicide, even if its sort of a martyr, sacrificing-for-the-greater-good thing? (I'm thinking Meridian here.) And when you ascend to a higher plane, what happens to your body? Does it just disappear?

I'm still catching up on my SG-1 eps, but I don't have access to all of them, only the ones that air on tv. 'Threads' was a good starting point, 'Abyss' helped me out a little, and I STILL haven't been able to catch 'Meridian,' but of anyone could answer these questions I would be grateful! Thanks.

Comment

ascension seems to be a metaphysical state, something you either achieve (anubis did that) or someone helps you achieve (like oma did to daniel)

we see in meridian that your body just....goes away. so it's not like if your soul left your physical body, leaving behind an empty shell. nothing is left behind

as to it being ok to commit suicide to ascend, i really dont know. the show has never dealt with that. however, dying seems to be optional, oma has never indicated that she died, rather that she achieved the ascended state so i think you have some leeway.

you can make them die if they need to, or jsut make them ascend

does that help?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, that does help, thanks! I feel shamed for not seeing those episodes, lol.

Since not a lot is known about ascension, I do have some leeway with the whole process, right? Hopefully?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                      Yes, that does help, thanks! I feel shamed for not seeing those episodes, lol.

Since not a lot is known about ascension, I do have some leeway with the whole process, right? Hopefully?
                      there is some leeway. I think the writers have done this deliberately to make thier own jobs easier (just like on atlantis, they've never definitively said what all is there, so that, if they need to 'find' something, they can. they're being deliberately vague in that regard)

as to the ascension, well if the 'most evil' of all goauld can do it, then it must not be based on much merit and that suggests that it's more along the line of something anyone can accomplish if they want it

sigpic

Comment

Ok, back again with anothe question, one of more opinion this time....

Does anyone think the whole character-dies-and-is-ascended thing is used too often in fics? I only read those on ff.net, so if anyone has any opinions?

Comment

i'm not sure how to answer that, and a large part of it is up to personal taste. personally, i think it's overused in the show. once was ok, twice was silly and ascending all of abydos was beyond stupid. It's like having a sarcophagus in the infirmary and all of a sudden no one cares if they die cause they'll just ascend and descend and cheat death

i haven't read all that much fic that has ascension in it, however i also don't read much daniel fic, which, since it's happened to his character twice, is a natural for ascension/descension.

i have read a few with an ascended janet playing matchmaker and, if it's done well, can be a decent plot device.

i guess my only suggestion is don't treat it like a convenient plot device. bonus points if you can find a unique way to represent it other than 'daniel dies, ascends, is mourned, descends, smarmy ending'

like any plot device it can be over used. i've lost count of how many times thor has saved jack, sam or the rest from death

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking more along the Atlantis fic storylines... sorry to be unclear, lol, but it did help! Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know of a site with a layout of the SGC. I need to know what floor Daniel's office, the cafeteria, the infirmary, the gateroom and the jails and the VIP rooms are on.

Please PM me. Thanks. : )
                              sigpic
                              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

First, what is the max age someone can join the AF? Second, if someone suffers from addiction/ alcoholism before joining, does the AF have to know and how can it affect thier joining? Of course I know they have to be clean, but is there a certain time they have to be free of drugs? Thanks.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Working...
                                X