• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverRider
    I'm doing a Shep/Carson/Radek whumping fic but I dunno where to start

Anyone wanna help?
    at the beginning????

sorry.

well, you have three basic choices

start linear, with the characters going on the mission that gets them in trouble and whumped

start in the middle, with them being whumped, flash back to how they got there and deal with them being rescued

start at the end, them home and safe and carson taking care of them and tell the story in flashbacks

any of the three could work, it's just a matter of how you want to do it.

i would suggest....give things a reason. if someone is whumping on them, htere needs to be a reason other than 'i want them owied'

the more of a reason the baddies have, the more real they are and the 'better' the fic
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      at the beginning????

sorry.

well, you have three basic choices

start linear, with the characters going on the mission that gets them in trouble and whumped

start in the middle, with them being whumped, flash back to how they got there and deal with them being rescued

start at the end, them home and safe and carson taking care of them and tell the story in flashbacks

any of the three could work, it's just a matter of how you want to do it.

i would suggest....give things a reason. if someone is whumping on them, htere needs to be a reason other than 'i want them owied'

the more of a reason the baddies have, the more real they are and the 'better' the fic
      I might take the first choice that seems more ideal, Plus I can leave my readers in suspence to a while

Comment

there you go. you know how to begin it, the kids in a jumper going to the planet, already ON the planet ready to get into trouble or on atlantis discussing the mission

sigpic

Comment

Someone's keen on this fic. I'll plan it out and start typing away.

BTW It's Called "Among the Stars"

Comment

cool.

keep us updated, i'm sure for those among us that don't write, it'll be interesting to see how the whole fanfic thing goes.

in some ways and for some folks, it's easier than it looks....but also it's a lot harder than you'd think

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              well, given the near total lack of communications in that time period, i'd say y you'd have no issue just making one up
              Thanks Skydiver, I'll have a think about it.

Meantime, here's another query - I've got the germ of an idea for a funny fic, to be called "Teal'c's First Christmas".
              Nothing's written down so far, but I plan to have the following: Gen. Hammond in a Santa costume with Dr. Frasier as his "little helper". O'Neill inviting Daniel, Carter and teal'c to his place for Christmas dinner. Carter getting ever so slightly tiddly on eggnog and cornering her CO under the mistletoe. And the following line (or variation thereof) Teal'c: "I do not understand, Daniel Jackson. Why do the people of the Tau'ri choose to celebrate as a holiday the death of a man for his religeous beliefs?"

Suggestions for who gives which person what Christmas present would be helpful. As would a general idea of the kind of Christmas Day-type TV shows broadcast in the US.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                And the following line (or variation thereof) Teal'c: "I do not understand, Daniel Jackson. Why do the people of the Tau'ri choose to celebrate as a holiday the death of a man for his religeous beliefs?"
                I have to say, not only is this absolutely the kind of holiday Teal'c could get behind (Jaffa are big on dying for what you believe in), but Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ, not his death.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  I have to say, not only is this absolutely the kind of holiday Teal'c could get behind (Jaffa are big on dying for what you believe in), but Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ, not his death.
                  Ooops! So it is, silly me...

I've had a wee bit of a think about what presents the guys would get each other - Carter would get Teal'c some nice candles for his Kelno'reem. Daniel would give him a hat (something by Kangol probably) for when he goes out in public. And O'Neill would give him - wait for it - the Star Wars trilogy.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                    Ooops! So it is, silly me...

I've had a wee bit of a think about what presents the guys would get each other - Carter would get Teal'c some nice candles for his Kelno'reem. Daniel would give him a hat (something by Kangol probably) for when he goes out in public. And O'Neill would give him - wait for it - the Star Wars trilogy.
                    I like it. And congrats on 1000 posts!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                      I like it. And congrats on 1000 posts!
                      1000 posts? Already? Wow...

Many thanks CeeKay.
                      *performs Dance of joy* Sings - "Happy-happy, joy-joy, happy-happy, joy-joy!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 1000 BruTak!

I've also posted this in a thread (probably the wrong one ) in Science and Tech, but then I found this place. My question is:

Can anyone tell me what kind of guns O'Neill and Carter were using in Season 4? Were they both using P-90s?

Thanks.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

if i'm remembering right, they carried MP5's up until the one where daniel got kidnapped by teh unas. the episode name is totally escaping me. where they go to p3x888 and find the primordial goauold and rothman gets killed (yeah, i can remember the plot but not the title)

anyway, i believe that's the first time we see the p90

sigpic

Comment

Great! Thanks Skydiver. (I can't remember the name of the ep either, but I know the one you mean.)

Edit: Ah, the wonderful Omnipedia. The First Ones, ep. 408.

(So, it's safe for me to say P-90 for a story set at the end of Season 4. Phew.)
                            sigpic
                            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Could it be 'The First Ones'?

Comment

that's it.

taht's what i get for typing before the diet coke has a chance to kick in

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X