This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Commentaries worth listening to

I own all seven box sets as I'm sure most of you do, and with every single episode from season three onwards having a commentary, it's a daunting task to re-watch all those episodes again, just for the commentaries. That's about 90 hours of episodes! And who has 90 hours of free time? Not me.

I just wanted to know of any commentaries that stood out from the rest. It could be that they provided a good insight to the series as a whole, or perhaps revealed some interesting inside info (like how Thor is really a midget in a suit), or it might have just been a great laugh.

If you had any commentaries in mind that you thought stood out, it would be great if you posted it for everyone to see. My highlight probably came in the commentary for (i think) "Window of Oppurtunity", where Peter DeLuise, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie sing the lyrics to the Stargate theme song, which I thought was hilarious! This being an infamous episode, I'm sure you've all listened to this already. If not, listen to it RIGHT NOW!! Your missing out if you don't...

Anyway, I'd love to hear from all of you about your favourite commentaries.
    The pen is mightier than the sword. Except, of course, in a sword fight.

I really enjoy the one with Peter DeLuise commenting. I mean they are all funny and interesting, but his commentaries I find the most enjoyable. His comments are just really funny all the time, and he pokes holes in the shows like the exploding rocks from "Beneath the Surface"

Will think of more later, listening to Failsafe one right now actually.

Comment

Well, I really liked 'The Sentinel'. Peter DeLuise was commenting along with Gary Jones. Those two together are hilarious!

Comment

The ones with Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood are the only ones really worth listening to. I'm afraid that Robert Cooper and the other writing staff make it really boring to listen to and they sound like such geeks! I know I shouldn't say it because they come up with good episodes, but they just talk about camera lense size and lighting conditions...... *yawn* *snooze*

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
        - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
        - "I'm taking this loop off..."
        - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
        - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
        - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

what eps. does david hewlett do?
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

I haven't heard that David Hewlett does commentary for any of the SG1 eps, but perhaps we can hold out hope for that when they release the Atlantis season 1 dvd this fall!

Comment

I love the commentaries! Especially by DeLuise! He's a hoot and a hollar! I love it when he and Gary Jones do commentaries. I just jaugh my loin cloth off.

The ones I hate are the ones done by some guy (I forget his name) all he does throughout the commentary is "mm hmm, mm hmm...". I also don't like the commentaries where the actual dialogue between the director and the viz F/X supervisor is scarse and lets the episode roll without saying a word.

Comment

I agree with babganoosh! Deluise is hilarious to listen to. Why don't the actors do more commentary? I think amanda tapping and Peter deluise did one together and it was REALLY funny! I mean, is it too much to ask that the four sg1 member actors got together one and did a commmentary? It would totally make my year!

Comment

Ascension, Red Sky, Avenger 2.0, Evolution pt2, Death Knell and Lost City are the best IMO

But anything with Peter Deluise or Martin Wood is fun as well

Comment

Originally posted by Baron von Evil Satan
                    My highlight probably came in the commentary for (i think) "Window of Oppurtunity", where Peter DeLuise, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie sing the lyrics to the Stargate theme song, which I thought was hilarious!
                    That's actually "Prodigy."
                    Rocky

Comment

Yep I would say anything with Peter, Martin or any of the actors is worth watching. I liked "Prodigy" the stargate theme song! , "Window of Oppurtunity", " Ascension", "Red Sky", "WormHole-X-Treme!" and really all the rest everybody else has mentioned!

Comment

peter's are funny, although he does tend to dip into potty humor rather quickly and often

martin/paul/joe's are all enjoyable, as are amanda's

i also liked chris' and the ones that don davis & gary jones do

michael's.....well he tends to do eps that i haven't cared for much so i really h aven't listened to them, however those that do and who like daniel and MS have said that they enjoy his

about teh only ones i find dry are the ones with Jim Menard. he does share some fantastic info and, if i were a film student, i would throughly enjoy it. but i'm more shallow so i like the funny ones adn the ones that give little bits of insight
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

cool
                          Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
                          McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

Never EVER listen to "48 hours" unless you are having trouble sleeping, or actually want to watch the episode. Most boring commentary ever.

Lost City is great. Descent is great. Paradise Lost, Sentinal, Prodigy... all great. Ascension also.

-IMF
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Just out of curiousity what are the lyrics they sing? I dont own the box sets so I cant watch them. *avoids the evil stares*

Comment

Working...
                              X