This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Anybody Cares...

I was just thinking -- thought led me to this site. Do a little search for the heck of it, see what you think about it - then wonder aloud how the StarGate program could - theoretically - help stop the impending wildlife shortage.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

So you want to introduce earth animals into an alien environment?

Comment

I searched for Wraith and Unas and neither of them appear. We could introduce them to Earth.

Seriously though, some of the animals that are becoming extinct because of human actions could well be moved to other planets and protected there. Almost like one big nature reserve.

Also, I am sure there are some species of animals that are dying out here but thriving in other planets. Maybe they could come to Earth. Although there would have to be a very long quarantine time.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Asgard cloning comes to the top of my mind.
        Get a few of our allied scientists to scan indigenous species genetic makeup. A large Menagerie name Eric.
        I wanna eat pie - Urgo
        Who doesn't? - O'Neilll
        Without the Queen, Canadians are just....Americans - Scott Thompson

Comment

because every time humanity has tried to help a species by moving it, it worked out really well. Like when conquistador's came to tropical islands in the americas. They found that the ship rats escaped and began eating the tropical birds eggs. There had been nothing on the islands before that had seen the eggs as a food source so the birds were not naturally protective of their nests i.e. nests were spread out on the ground rather than in trees. The spainish said "I know, mongooses eat rats, we'll bring a bunch of mongooses here to kill the rats and save the birds who are dwindleing." The mongooses arrived and proceeded to devour the birds eggs more efficiently than the rats had and whole islands worth of bird species ceased to exist. Go humans! Yeah, made more animals extinct than anything other than plants! Go us! I know I'm incredibly proud.
          ~Teddy
          "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Working...
          X