This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STARGATE SG-1, 907 Ex Deus Machina

First information flooding in for episode 7 of Sg-1's Ninth Year.

I wont go in to too much detail, as Morjana and others normally do a big write up.

suffice it to say, Baal is hiding on Earth, and the Newly formed free Jaffa Nation is hunting him down.

cool, Baal is back

Comment

source?

Comment

It'll probably be right, but anyway, we'll find out soon enough

Comment

Wouldnt this be the ep where Sam comes back?

Comment

maybe, unless she's back in 906, or her return is postponed so AT can have more time recovering from childbirth

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
              maybe, unless she's back in 906, or her return is postponed so AT can have more time recovering from childbirth
              That'll make 906 the best episode of the season

btw, shouldn't that title be Deus Ex Machina... or is it deliberatly worded like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                That'll make 906 the best episode of the season

btw, shouldn't that title be Deus Ex Machina... or is it deliberatly worded like that?
                No it is "Ex Deux Machina" according to gateworld as well. Your thinking of the epsiode from "Lost"
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

basically, it's a jaffa episode, partially on one planet, partly on earth. Of course, Baal hiding on Earth.... gee, for nearly a year too! And yup, Carter is back. Info is sketchy but not too thrilling as yet unless you're into Jaffa politics

For those who wonder what the definition is....

1 : a god introduced by means of a crane in ancient Greek and Roman drama to decide the final outcome
                  2 : a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a
                  contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty

So... we're looking for a crane, or a contrived solution ?
                  Last edited by prion; 14 April 2005, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    No it is "Ex Deux Machina" according to gateworld as well. Your thinking of the epsiode from "Lost"
                    Oh, I've never actually watched Lost before...
                    It's just that a 'Deus Ex Machina' is a sudden and unexpected revelation, so I was wondering if it was meant to be worded like that rather than 'Ex Deus'. But anyways...

Comment

Yep it's true and Carter is back Keep an eye on GateWorld for further information in English, German information will be posted in a few minutes on Stargate-Project.
                      Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Oh, I've never actually watched Lost before...
                        It's just that a 'Deus Ex Machina' is a sudden and unexpected revelation, so I was wondering if it was meant to be worded like that rather than 'Ex Deus'. But anyways...
                        According to Merrian Webster mean

“1 : A god introduced by means of a crane in ancient Greek and Roman drama to decide the final outcome.
                        2 : A person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.“

According to Britannica Online
                        “A person or thing that appears or is introduced into a situation suddenly and unexpectedly and provides an artificial or contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.
                        The term was first used in ancient Greek and Roman drama, where it meant the timely appearance of a god to unravel and resolve the plot.“

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

you have to be kidding me???? jaffa hunting down baal on earth????

LOLOLOL

oh please.

wonder if they'll find him working undercover in the local Krispy Kreme?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

LOLOLOL

oh please.

Hmmm, maybe the Sam/Ba'al shippers are onto something after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

LOLOLOL

oh please.

For some reason it reminds me of Kindergarten Cop.

Comment

Working...
                              X