This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ANTI-CHAYA thread.

I don't like chaya, there are other people who also don't like chaya, here you can talk about not liking chaya but please don't rag on the actress it ain't her fault she was cast as a ancient hussie/slut.

Originally posted by gatelover12
    I don't like chaya, there are other people who also don't like chaya, here you can talk about not liking chaya but please don't rag on the actress it ain't her fault she was cast as a ancient hussie/slut.
    I love it!!!

Stands a chance this thread will get more hits than the thunk thread...plenty of Shep-ites that hate her...this one included...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Methinks that an anti-thread for a character that we've seen in only one episode and likely will never see again is a tad overkill, but whatever floats your boat.

However, I am a bit disturbed at the propensity to label Chaya as a "slut" while Sheppard, who engaged in the same activites, doesn't get nearly the same harsh treatment. Also, if she had such apparent character flaws doesn't that say more about Sheppard and the poor choice he made than about her?

Comment

Just a friendly warning to keep this about the CHARACTER, not the actress or this thread will vanish faster than Chaya zapped those darts
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*ROTFLMAO* I love it when folks start "anti" threads.

I can't stand "HER" either. "Sanctuary" was the worst SGA episode of the season and "she" (who shall not be named) put some sort of spell on Shep to make him act so out of character.

Of course, the writers created "her". Maybe we should be stoning them.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
            I quite like her and you were a bit too quick to label her as a hussie/slut

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

I can't stand "HER" either. "Sanctuary" was the worst SGA episode of the season and "she" (who shall not be named) put some sort of spell on Shep to make him act so out of character.

Sanctuary was a good episode compared to episodes like childhoods end, hot zone, home and the brotherhood
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

so you labeled her a hussie/slut and have said that you absolutely hate her, but none of you have actually said why? what is it that you hate so much about her? personally i thought she was really nice and was trying to do the best she could to help those that she could within the constraints of the rules of the Others. but why do you guys hate her so much?

Comment

I don't think it was the worst, but it wasn't exactly high on my ranking order of episodes either...

It's not like she didn't admit her own hussiness either...she declared outright that the only reason she followed to Atlantis was Shep and nothing else. He's just a red-blooded male whose hormones were obviously doing overtime, whereas after a couple of thousand years or more, you'd expect some slightly more evolved thinking from an ascended ancient...

Just my two pence worth...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

The actual "Sanctuary" thread speaks volumes about why some folks don't like her. For one thing, she LIED. Once she got to know us, she could have told us the TRUTH instead of Rodney having to confront her (at which point she seemed quite angry).

For another. . she has to take care of her people but she obviously forbids any learning or advancement of her people. She keeps them almost frozen in time. I took her as a total control nut. There was more I didn't like about the character, but I'm tired and don't want to ramble.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    so you labeled her a hussie/slut and have said that you absolutely hate her, but none of you have actually said why? what is it that you hate so much about her? personally i thought she was really nice and was trying to do the best she could to help those that she could within the constraints of the rules of the Others. but why do you guys hate her so much?
                    The deception - she never had any intention of helping the Atlantis expedition nor anyone else and strung everyone along in false hope...

Not to mention the fact that she bought out the worst in the main expedition members. Deceiving each other...Rodney and Shep actually passing snarkiness into outright 'meant' b*tching...

Comment

Who says technology has actually helped humanity? Her people were happy, healthy, peaceful and above all free from the wraith culling. I think she could have been more forthcoming with who she was in the first place but overall is she really so bad?
                      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

The actual "Sanctuary" thread speaks volumes about why some folks don't like her. For one thing, she LIED. Once she got to know us, she could have told us the TRUTH instead of Rodney having to confront her (at which point she seemed quite angry).

For another. . she has to take care of her people but she obviously forbids any learning or advancement of her people. She keeps them almost frozen in time. I took her as a total control nut. There was more I didn't like about the character, but I'm tired and don't want to ramble.
                        Maybe she was going to admit it eventually but Rodney got there first. If she allows her people to advance and develop space technologies she can no longer protect them if they go off-world. At least there is no waste on her planet as she said they grow what they need.
                        Originally posted by spg_1983
                        Most of you seem to dislike her because Sheppard took a fancy to her or you thought she should have broken the rules, helped atlantis, and incurred the wrath of the others
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I agree 100% with what Foolish said!! Also, for me, part of it is the fact that Atlantis seems like a show above all that space slut/babes stuff and then when everything was going all hunky dorey here comes a woman to objectify!!

You could have had the episode without Shep immediatly being turned into a horny 14 year old and it would have been great.
                          Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                            Who says technology has actually helped humanity? Her people were happy, healthy, peaceful and above all free from the wraith culling. I think she could have been more forthcoming with who she was in the first place but overall is she really so bad?
                            Considering most technological advancement comes from war, it probably hasn't helped humanity much.

Her people did have the main things important in life...but through the false means created by her...as Carson said, being that healthy isn't normal for any human being...

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              Most of you seem to dislike her because Sheppard took a fancy to her or you thought she should have broken the rules, helped atlantis, and incurred the wrath of the others
                              I just thought she was selfish (all she really wanted was Sheppard) and controlling (her own people).

The ascended punished her by making her protect her people - this doesn't mean they can't expand their own knowledge. If they learn enough to go off world, that is their CHOICE. But she doesn't even give them the chance to choose. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                              X