This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    She said the MacGyver theme originally the the producers thought it would be better if it was the Stargate theme. I think it should have been MacGyver, just for a laugh
    I'm sure it was some TV-land bureaucracy, maybe they had to pay royalties to the composer for the MacGuyver theme song, but they had already bought the rights to the Stargate theme song.
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

Comment

I'm sure RDA wouldn't have minded. I guess they would have to pay out some money figures but for a tiny little appearance in the elevator couldn't of been that difficult
      __

__

Comment

If she hummed it close enough but not quite, it'd be a parody and they could get away with it... like how Simpsons gets away with so many "similar" renditions of stuff under the context of social satire. I don't even remember the MacGyver theme . . . laws can suck when they get in the way of fun, product placement and all that.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I'm sure RDA wouldn't have minded. I guess they would have to pay out some money figures but for a tiny little appearance in the elevator couldn't of been that difficult
          Wow, it seems RDA is more talented than I thought, according to imdb.com, Richard Dean Anderson actually composed a song for MacGuyver, "Eau d'Leo" in episode "The Negotiator (1988)") Randy Edelman composed the theme song to MacGuyver, David Arnold (I) composed the theme to Stargate: SG-1. Both of these composers seem to be keeping very busy with some big productions so maybe it wasn't a money issue. How sure are we that RDA didn't have something to do with preventing it? He seemed annoyed (although humored) when Tapping called him MacGuyver in StarGate: The Lowdown. Maybe he is trying to distance himself from that role/show to keep from being type-cast, like Brent Spiner with his Data character from ST:TNG. People that have not seen SG1 probably still remember him as MacGuyver. (minus the mullet)
          -GuyFromOH
          I'm a guy, from Ohio.
          cool!"

Comment

I never realised that RDA had composed a theme for the show. Well done Rick. He looks so much different from his show, which quite right, minus the mullet
            __

__

Comment

He looks good with a mullet, I think. Very 80s, but hey... sign o' the times It ain't exactly regulation-length in the airforce though.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

They have done a lot of the Air Force situations very simular to actual reality. But who's to say Stargate isn't reality
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Jadestar9
                  LOL!

Daniel also lied...he said he would take care of Jonas's fish...haven't seen those fish lately.
                  I think you can blame Luke for that one

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    He looks good with a mullet, I think. Very 80s, but hey... sign o' the times It ain't exactly regulation-length in the airforce though.
                    You ever notice how anti-gun he was in MacGuyver, and now he's the guy looking for the "Big-Space-Guns"
                    In real life, he is on the board of directors of "Handgun Control, Inc."
                    -GuyFromOH
                    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
                    cool!"

Comment

Jonas would remember to ask him as he has a photographic memory.

Comment

I think Jonas's fish have appeared in the background about two times before but we've never seen them been fed. Poor things
                        __

__

Comment

Amanda wanted to hum the MacGyver tune but didn't only because she couldn't remember it, she said that in the interview here on GateWorld.

Comment

She said the MacGyver theme originally the the producers thought it would be better if it was the Stargate theme. I think it should have been MacGyver, just for a laugh
                            I read that she did the Stargate theme, because they couldn't remember how the MacGuyver theme went.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just reading that interview again to look at this. Quite right, they couldn't remember the tune! lol
                              __

__

Comment

Something a little like this

http://members.aol.com/goodren/macgyve2.mid

Comment

Working...
                                X