This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repeat of Rising part one

i just saw the repeat of rising part one and i was upset they cut alot of the parts out of it hopefully the DVD is not like this and they just did this for the time on the television

What was cut out? It was aired in a 1 hour timeslot originally and was aired in a 1 hour timeslot last night. I really doubt anything was cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
      What was cut out? It was aired in a 1 hour timeslot originally and was aired in a 1 hour timeslot last night. I really doubt anything was cut out.
      Actually quite a bit of the begining was cut out.

What was cut:
      -- The fact that Sheppard had at first turned down going to Atlantis and Jack talking him into.
      -- About half the footage showing the expedition at the SGC preparing to go
      -- Sheppard asking Ford what it felt like to going through the gate and Ford telling telling him it hurts like hell.
      -- I think they also cut out clips of Beckett and his mother, Ford and his grandparents, Sheppard flipping a coin on weather or not to go, and McKay giving his cat to his neighbor

There may be more but I can't remember.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Why would any of it have been cut out if it was in a timeslot of the same length?

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
          Why would any of it have been cut out if it was in a timeslot of the same length?
          To make more time for commercials, of course. $$$

Comment

It first aired as a two hour special so it didn't have to have two begining title sequences, a "previously on Stargate Atlantis..." thing and comercials inbetween the two halfs. Thats my guess anyway.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
              Actually quite a bit of the begining was cut out.

What was cut:
              -- The fact that Sheppard had at first turned down going to Atlantis and Jack talking him into.
              -- About half the footage showing the expedition at the SGC preparing to go
              -- Sheppard asking Ford what it felt like to going through the gate and Ford telling telling him it hurts like hell.
              -- I think they also cut out clips of Beckett and his mother, Ford and his grandparents, Sheppard flipping a coin on weather or not to go, and McKay giving his cat to his neighbor

There may be more but I can't remember.
              I didn't see the first three sequences, but the last one, and I think that's one that really shouldn't be cut out. Well, the other ones shouldn't be, too, but I liked seeing how they all said goodbye.
              Why be difficult?
              Put some effort in and be impossible!

Comment

Also, the video from Wier to Simon. I was annoyed as well.

COTG is the same way, though, isn't it?
                aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Hey, look on the bright side, they are selling the pilot as a DVD!
                  Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                  "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                  "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                  ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                  McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                  "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

$elling is the operative word…..

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                      $elling is the operative word…..
                      LOL True, true.

And nobody should worry about them cutting scenes from the DVD. I HIGHLY doubt they would do that. The reason they cut scenes was of the decreased show time by making it two seperate hours(extra title sequence and such as already mentioned) and probably having more commercials than when it aired as a two-hour.
                      Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

If I remember correctly, the premiere was commercial free for the first 30 min or so, so to make up that time in the repeats to have commercials, they had to cut out 4-6 min worth.
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                        X