Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What personal weapons did the Ancients have? (poss spoilers, Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Owen Macri
    But I do think that the color of something is related to who created it, people paint thier houses based on what colors they like, why wouldn't you do the same with other things.
    it would make sense. id say the colour of "beam" would relate to the type of energy or tech that's powering it, and if the race used the same type of technology in their weapons it should be the same colour. but that's assuming that the type of power of tech directly controls the colour.
    Originally posted by lightsabre
    We know the goa'uld take hosts and take their knowledge(how htey steal tech), so for an ancient to have created the zat and the goa'uld to steal it, one would have to have taken an ancient.
    If a goa'uld took an ancient as host it would probably take a lot more than just the knowledge to make a zat. if that particular ancient had enough knowledge to create a weapon similar to a zat it would have much more useful and powerful information. i think that it the zat must've been a purely goa'uld weapon (as said above) in the way that it was created perhaps using the knowledge of another race or from "studying from others research." and we know they do that for sure, given anubis' scientist in "homecoming".

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I agree, the technoloogy behind the Zats could have been the only thing stolen, not the Zat itself, however it is possible that the Goa'uld stole the Zats themselves.

You are assuming that because it looks like a snake, and because it looks like it is going to attack someone when it pops up, that it must be of Goa'uld design, because obviously these are Goa'uld traits, but who is to say that the Goa'uld didn't base thier traits on that of another race, the same race that they stole the Zats from and all of thier other "snake based" technology. Allthough I do agree with you and the design does look Goa'uld, it is possible that the Goa'uld still stole it. For example in the season two episode "The Fifth Race" if you look at the walls of the room, they have intersecting curved lines going all across them, these look obviously similar to walls of Goa'uld design and also the curved intersecting lines used on the statue of Ra that was used in the original opening credits.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
        i'd think that they'd have some kind of merciful weapon, like a vaporizer, and you don;t even feel it when you get vaporized. i also thought that they should also have weapons similar to the force lances on Andromeda. i dont know why.
        No, I think they would have weapons that kocked you out for like a week so sometime in that time they would throw you in a prisen.
        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
          No, I think they would have weapons that kocked you out for like a week so sometime in that time they would throw you in a prisen.
          Yeah, that's all well and good but it's not very practical! imagine, you shoot someone with a gun that knocks them out for a week, then you realise that you need to extract information from them. you'd have to wait a week to get it, which is just bad karma if you're fighting a losing war. unless you could change the time of the knockout but then we're verging on men in black and we all know how terrible the sequel was so lets not even go there.

Comment

You could have a gun that implants a microchip into the person, which travels to the brain, and controls their bodies motor and cognative functions, so, they could be asleep as long as you want, and you could wake them up whenever you want, you could even kill them.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
              You could have a gun that implants a microchip into the person, which travels to the brain, and controls their bodies motor and cognative functions, so, they could be asleep as long as you want, and you could wake them up whenever you want, you could even kill them.

Owen Macri
              and think of the hilarious social situations that could be created. Loss of bladder control, give tim henman lazy arms (and make him better no doubt...), make people say random words. the possibilities for practical jokes are endless! good thinking owen!!

oh yeah, and congrats on the 2000th post. i remember back in the days when you were a super-soldier....

Comment

You are right, I wasn't even thinking of that!

Thank you, great thinking on your part too!

Oh ya, the good old days... before the science and tech section... ahh the good old days...

lol. Thanks.

Owen Macri

Comment

I dont know if it had been said in this tread or not as i have been too lazy to read most of it but the Alterans had personal weapons based on the episode Aurora production pics..id say the reason they didnt find any of these weapons on atlantis is because it didnt fit into the writers plans for the show and wanted the humans to use their weapons.
                  What i dont understand is why the writers didnt include goa'uld weapons for the atlantis teams, zats especially, and also you would think that earth has got its hands on enough alien weapons tech to come up with energy based weapons by now.... best the have done so far is heavy scale railguns.
                  A question; why are the railgun turrents on atlantis blue and the daedalus ones yellow? i personally think blue railguns look cooler and make it easier to indentify that they are railguns instead of what the yellow they look like, which is pathetic little machine guns.

Comment

answer to thread question:

the ancient weapons in aurora are like zats cept with out the blue bit
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

I would think the only reason they didn't have hand weapons would be that they really didn't need them due to their mental powers, I.e: telekinesis, ect. We know that the Ancients had powers of healing, and we really don't know what else they could have done before they ascended. So my vote would go with mental powers. Why use a beam hand weapon when you could just throw your enemy across a room with your mind?

Comment

They(Alterrans) also had
                        pyrokinesis(To creat Fire)
                        telekinesis(To move objects with your mind)
                        healing whatever(The abilaty to heal,I dont know the exact name)
                        and psycokinesis(To Read Minds,Control Minds,ect.)
                        These abilaties were ranged from person to person, depending on how advanced each Person was. When they able to master all of these(as well as a few others)they acended. so with all these powers, Why would they need handguns again?
                        I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                        so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                        But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                        Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                        GW My home away from home....
                        My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

to the rail gun post

anything you see from a rail gun is a tracer the round move at mach 5 you cant see something that fast as for the colour i agree blue> yellow but blue looks more sci-fi and earth is not meant to be advanced so the writters give dead yellow

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

"to the rail gun post

anything you see from a rail gun is a tracer the round move at mach 5 you cant see something that fast as for the colour i agree blue> yellow but blue looks more sci-fi and earth is not meant to be advanced so the writters give dead yellow"

Yellow represents standard "bullets", blue represents Rail gun rounds.

And as for "anything you see from a rail gun is a tracer the round move at mach 5 you cant see something that fast". Now if its fired from a rail gun, tracer or not, its going to reach near enough the same velocity as a normal round. Same science used to launch it. And also why would they need tracers in space? Tracers are used for visual aiming, do you see gunners looking out the windows on the Daedalus to aim their weapons??? No.....

Comment

please forgive me, but I don't know how to use spoiler tags. if annyone could help me on that matter...
                              Annyway:

has annyone seen Aurora?
                              they had personal wepons. sheppard is pointing one at the wraith chick and viceversa, so they even had more then one
                              one more thing: please excuse my spelling

Comment

here's an ideea: why use personal weapons in Atlantis if they had the iris(shield) for the gate and the big shield for the whole city? Atlantis was pretty safe from the wraith with those things activated.
                                On the battlefront they had personal weapons(see above)

Comment

Working...
                                X