This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a SG1 question

Does anyone know if the TPTB ever touched on the Furlings from Season 1?

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

FURLINGS
    An ancient and mysterious race, about whom little is known. The Furlings were once members in an alliance of four great races, along with the Asgard, the Nox, and the Ancients.

The Furlings possess advanced technology, including an archway device that instantaneously transports users over great distances. When SG-1 discovered the technology on an uninhabited planet, Colonel Jack O'Neill and Harold Maybourne were transported to the planet's nearby moon. There Maybourne hoped to find a secret paradise, but instead found a desolate colony strewn with the remains of its long-dead colonies. If these men and women were Furlings, they were quite humanoid.

HOMEWORLD - Unknown
    FIRST APPEARED - N/A

KEY EPISODE(S) -
    The Torment of Tantalus - SG-1 learns about the ancient alliance to which the Furlings belonged when they visit the planet where the alliance once met.
    The Fifth Race - The Asgard tell O'Neill about the ancient alliance, which included the Furlings.
    Paradise Lost - Maybourne leads the team to a world where they find Furling technology: a transporter that sends O'Neill and Maybourne to an extinct colony on a nearby moon.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Hey thanks for answering me, that was nice of u.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

You asked politely so you deserved a response unlike some of the people on here

Also see

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/r...furlings.shtml
        http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sg1/...n.html#culture
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furlings
        http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.c...tegory:Furling
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Sorry to interrupt.. what's TPTB?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Its for "The Powers That Be" Writers, producers, etc.
            JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
            VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
            MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
            LANDRY
            : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
            Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
            Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Strangely, they decided to make an ep called that!! Nuts!!!
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                So its not writers and producers, just the
                Spoiler:
                orii
                and nothing more...
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  Yeah, I find that kind of odd...

I'm gonna be confused later after the episode aired.

I probably won't know if they're talking about the actual Powers That Be or the episode.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    Yeah, I find that kind of odd...

I'm gonna be confused later after the episode aired.

I probably won't know if they're talking about the actual Powers That Be or the episode.
                    We will have to come up with a differentiation perhaps we can call the writers PTB - powers that be
                    love Torri

Comment

the proper way to phrase your question would be "I have an SG1 question"

an before a vowel sound, a before a consonant sound

Comment

*Giggles at the Grammar Police* ^ - J/K

Maybe Ashman is a doctor, cause the doctors I work for never seem to be able to figure out that little grammar problem

Comment

my teacher just does not like those kind of mistakes...period. lol i bet he flinches when he reads my papers
                          "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

the proper way to phrase your question would be "I have an SG1 question"

an before a vowel sound, a before a consonant sound
                            Very debatable. I've been hand-slapped and lost points for credibility "An hour ago...". Written english would not agree with you because saying that "S" is a vowel because it is pronounced "ES".

However, I agree on the other hand.

Maybe Ashman is a doctor, cause the doctors I work for never seem to be able to figure out that little grammar problem
                            That's quite offensive. My family is full of doctors and I aspire to become one some day. (I'm indian). My mom is a doctor, but she's full of grammar problems. Oh well...

BBBBAACK to topic...

I definitely hope to see Furlings in Season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                              So its not writers and producers, just the
                              Spoiler:
                              orii
                              and nothing more...
                              Well the TPTB wanted an episode title phrased to them.
                              Maybe they see themselves as evil ori.
                              . . . .. . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X