This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Ancient City?

In "The Rising II" when the first team traveled to the Athosian homeworld wasn't there an ancient city there? I believe it looked like it had some of the same buildings as Atlantis. The Athosians did not go there because of the Wraith and disrespecting the ancestors, but did SGA ever venture there?
    If not, why not go back and look around for more ancient tech., after all the wraith think it is deserted, right?

Originally posted by Carter's Boy
    In "The Rising II" when the first team traveled to the Athosian homeworld wasn't there an ancient city there? I believe it looked like it had some of the same buildings as Atlantis. The Athosians did not go there because of the Wraith and disrespecting the ancestors, but did SGA ever venture there?
    If not, why not go back and look around for more ancient tech., after all the wraith think it is deserted, right?
    it was an anient city of some sort but highly unlikely that it was on the level of atlantis. also it hadnt just been abandoned, i think it was destroyed in the war. plus it was said that after sheppard rescued the captured athosians the wraith completely obliterated the athosians village and presumably the ruins as well

Comment

I still believe that there is another ship like the one in Atlantis in our Galaxy. Cause if you watch the sequence where the Ancient's leave Earth, they left the others that were sick behind. It looks as if they left one of those Atlantis style ships behind. I am assuming that they relocated that to another Galaxy or hid it so noone would know where it is. Atleast, this is my theory.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

It's probable that there are more weapons platforms like the one that was destroyed in "The Siege" somewhere in the Pegasus Galaxy that may be cloaked or hidden, or maybe more advanced Ancient space craft (i.e. a mothership?) that were abandoned when they returned to Earht for whatever the reason.
        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
        [Cut to shot of the door]
        [Cut back to O'Neill]
        O'NEILL: Any time now.
        [Cut back to door]

Comment

some people are theorizing that Camelot was atlantis' ancient counterpart, since s9 will be dealing with arthurian legend.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

It's possible that the ancients would of had more then one city. I mean... If they only had one city then their population would have been real small...

Of course that city could of been taken by the wraith if it was in the pegasus galaxy or replicators or even goa'uld if it was in our galaxy or the asguard galaxy...
            Creator of the JD Alterthos Fantasy Setting (c)2002-2006 Jason Downs (AKA. DarkBlastoise)

Comment

Was the city on Athosia destroyed for sure?

Comment

Remember when Dr Weir went back in time , she met the Altantis high Council just when they were about to return to Earth.

That was like the last yr of the Lantian /Wraith War.
                That High Council guy told Dr Weir , A transport ship was carrying the last of their people outside of Atlantis.They were all suppose return to Earth once the ship arrive.
                But thatship carrying a few hundred Ancient Lantian was destory just before they reach Atlantis and the Council order the evacuation and the city was abandon.

Why didn't those Lantian use that Transport ship?

Because some Ancient cities and outpost doesn't have a stargate.
                if they were still living in those place until the final yr of the great war.
                Then those outpost must have pretty powerful defence to them to hold out until the final evacuation.

Comment

ofcourse they are going to have more than one city. if the asgard can have multiple home worlds and the anciets are far more advanced its only logical.

Comment

Thats what i love about Atlantis, there is just so much potential! As Sheppard explained to that Col. in Seige Part 1
                    'This what the Pegasus Galaxy looked like before the Wraith War. The Blue dots represent Atlantian Colonies or Outposts' Some thing like that.
                    The whole galaxy was colonised, so it stands to reason that maybe some Ancient outposts, facilities or even cities (possibly underground) may have survived.
                    I also think that the Wraith are affriad of the Sea water as well. Why do i say this? Because in the episode where Sheppard had that bug on his next. They used salt water to help get it off. And since the Wraith are ment to be some sort of offshoot or gentic some thing of those bugs it stands to reason that they have some sort of reaction to sea water. Hence the whole sinking of the city, just that one extra barrier of defense against the Wraith.
                    Guess we will find out at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy
                      i always thought that city was the old one of the Athosians, since they used to be advance and learnt that if they got too advance the wriath would kill em!
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Athosians are descendants of the Pegasus Galaxy. On many worlds they have foudn ancient ruins but that is all they have found as the Wraith have destroyed most places. Only places such as Atlantis and the world of children which could hold out against the Wraith survived. The knowledge from these techs should already be in the Atlantis database the only difference being that an actual working model could be found on worlds. But having lasted for so long its likely that their ZPMs would be almost depleted and so they wouldn't be able to run. We can't use the Earth ZPM as it is required in Atlantis in case of a wraith attack.

Comment

i think Atlantis is the greatest ancient city its got a whole pin off about it and they would not just make it a side city from a even greater city as then they might as well make the spin of about that city and form what i know of the timeline atnltic was one of the last creations of the ancients .

Comment

JM in his Q&A thread did give a cryptic clue that there maybe another city like Atlantis to find out more watch season 2 of SGA.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBlastoise
                              If they only had one city then their population would have been real small
                              Atlantis is pretty big
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X